Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

New from MD silver s2k

Old 01-19-2013, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from MD silver s2k

Whats going on guys names Mike new to the s2k long story short this is my first one and i plan on doing simple upgrades for now such as lowering rims and maybe an exhaust lol right now it has all the simple stuff like a ap2 front bumper and cup holder and a nice system
picked this thing up for a steal for only 4 grand of my buddy that just hated it so i win!! lol
on with the pics
first day i got her

and not soon after i parked in a store parking lot (my luck out of the camera angle) and someone decided they wanted to rip NOT cut
RIP my soft top like the hulk and not even steal anything out of the inside i dont get why they would but they did

so i got lucky cause it was sopose to rain that whole night but i still went on to going to a friends party and atleast
try to have a good time and the very next day had it replaced for 800 installed only thing diffrent is now it dont have a
defroster
Old 01-20-2013, 05:28 AM

That engine bay looks rough. Before you go "upgrading" everything, you should spend some time getting a full service done. I'm sure the PO didnt care for it all by the looks of it.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by BEASTMODE
That engine bay looks rough. Before you go "upgrading" everything, you should spend some time getting a full service done. I'm sure the PO didnt care for it all by the looks of it.
hey i was thinking the same thing and i was going to take a rag to it is their anything else like small easy projects i can do alone that stand out?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:17 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RecklesS2k
Whats going on guys names Mike new to the s2k long story short this is my first one and i plan on doing simple upgrades for now such as lowering rims and maybe an exhaust lol right now it has all the simple stuff like a ap2 front bumper and cup holder and a nice system
picked this thing up for a steal for only 4 grand of my buddy that just hated it so i win!! lol
on with the pics
first day i got her
and not soon after i parked in a store parking lot (my luck out of the camera angle) and someone decided they wanted to rip NOT cut
RIP my soft top like the hulk and not even steal anything out of the inside i dont get why they would but they did
so i got lucky cause it was sopose to rain that whole night but i still went on to going to a friends party and atleast
try to have a good time and the very next day had it replaced for 800 installed only thing diffrent is now it dont have a
defroster
I took the liberty of correcting your post for easier reading.
Welcome

What's going on, guys? My name is Mike. I am new to the s2k. Long story short, this is my first one, and I plan on doing simple upgrades for now, such as lowering, rims, and maybe an exhaust. Lol. Right now it has all the simple stuff like an ap2 front bumper, cup holder, and a nice system.
I picked this thing up for a steal--for only 4 grand--off my buddy that just hated it, so I win!! Lol.
On with the pics:
First day I got her. Not soon after I parked in a store parking lot (my luck out of the camera angle) and someone decided they wanted to rip, NOT cut, RIP my soft top like the hulk and not even steal anything out of the inside. I don't get why they would, but they did.
So I got lucky because it was supposed to rain that whole night, but I still went on to going to a friend's party and at least
try to have a good time. The very next day, I had it replaced for $800 installed. The only thing different now is that it doesn't have a
defroster.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:49 PM

picked up a new tsudo exhaust for my baby got it at a dirt cheap price of $160!!!! i havent taken the silencers off yet cause i love the way it sounds now. ill try to get a video up if anyone's interested like a fly by or something. its really nice its not loud but has the tunner sound and no cabin drone!

Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4 things.

1. you bought the car for 4 grand? fuuuuuuuuu /jealous
2. it needs some TLC but for 4 grand you can't complain. Don't rush so much to mod it, learn the car, give it the TLC it's been missing before you go hacking up everything.
3. Sucks about your top, glad you were able to get it replaced so quickly.
4. I HOPE that exhaust sounds as good as you say BC it LOOKS pretty damn horrid. no offense.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Def a nice pick up overall
Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 PM

criticism is welcome it will help me make the build alot cleaner due to i am new to it! as far as TLC i will be going over the engine bay as soon as i can get a warm day and a full int clean! now i have some videos with the exhaust that im going to try to edit all into one video. its a comparison video with the silencers and without!
i personally like them in its quite and still has a nice tone with out is kinda over kill. thanks for the feedback! would you think painting the center piece of the exhaust black would help the look overall its kinda an eyesore? i would like to get a single tip but only if i can find another great deal
Old 03-08-2013, 01:56 PM

hey guys quick question my tct clicks like no tomorrow its really damn annoying is this hurting anything? i want to replace it of course but idk with oem or if their is a aftermarket one i should go with. and also should i replace the chain i have 123k on the car now
Old 03-09-2013, 09:46 PM

you shouldn't need to replace the timing chain. billman on here sells a modified TCT that i believe has a lifetime warranty? PM him and go from there

if you haven't yet since you have owned it, i would highly recommend changing the tranny fluid and rear diff fluid (and obv engine if it's low)

if you're interested in purchasing an aem intake i can sell you one for super cheap

Quick Reply: New from MD silver s2k