S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Automotive builds (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automotive-builds-284/)
-   -   Shobbys JDM S2k (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automotive-builds-284/shobbys-jdm-s2k-1114743/)

Shobby 02-23-2015 11:38 AM

Shobbys JDM S2k

17 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, my name is Shobby and this is my RHD S2000
I picked it up sometime in February. The s2000 has always been the perfect car for me. For years and years I've always loved it. But I never actually seen one up close or laid my hands on one. I was kind of scared to actually get close to one. I made a perfect little bubble around my obtainable dream car, that I was worried that I would find something that I didnt like and ruin it for myself. But it was time to sell my FD RX7 because it was in rough shape and I didnt want to put the effort into a car I only kinda liked. So that sold and I was on the hunt for another car. I found this s2000 about a month later and off I was to check out my first s2k. I loved it before I even laid eyes on it. So the selling factors for me were, is it comfy? do it fit? how does it drive? All of these were excellent so I bought it right away.
1999 Honda S2000
120k KMS
Super clean
Completely stock
Aftermarket rims
I was in heaven

Disclaimer. I am terrible with photography and keeping a build thread going

Some pics

My FD in rough shape
Attachment 181940

S2k the day I bought
Attachment 181941

Home after a weekend trip to the parents, suuuper dirty
Attachment 181942

I was planning on just driving it for a while and getting used to the car. Waiting on buying parts and whatever..
Went to Vancouver about 3 weeks later and Picked up a J's Racing 70rs Single. I took a risk heading over there ($150 ferry cost) because I had to keep the top down so the exhaust fit. The weather was sketchy at the time and it was raining a lot. Luckily it stayed sunny
Attachment 181943
Attachment 181944

That was installed right away. It sounded great but it got kinda loud kinda quick.

Like 2 weeks later I ordered some more parts. This time from Evassive. Buddy Club Coils and a 70mm Test Pipe. I also wanted to single exit bumper cap but they were back ordered a few months or something
Attachment 181945
Attachment 181946

Those got installed right away, but after initial install I didnt have time to adjust the ride height. So I rode super low for a few days.
Attachment 181947
Attachment 181948

It doesnt look SUPER low but I was rubbing bad and couldnt get into my driveway. 18's yo

I sat like that for about a month. Didnt do much in the meantime. Modify soft top straps. Dash control thinger. Nothing too exciting. I found a local guy selling his Stock AP1 wheels. So I picked those up. I really didnt like my Advans. So I was happy to find the AP1s for a good price. I had them on for like 2 days before I traded my Advan Model 7's for some Enkei Kojins. They werent my ideal rim but they look great, with a little bit of concave. 17x7.5 +45 square. With stretched 215 tires. I really really dont like the stretched tires. Hopefully will be replacing those very soon. Anyways, onto some pics

AP1s
Attachment 181949

Switching rims
Attachment 181950

Kojins, I rode on them for a bit then I went lower. Tried to get some better pics, but I not good at that
Attachment 181951

Attachment 181952

Attachment 181953

Attachment 181954

Attachment 181955

I also picked up another bike sometime in there
Attachment 181956

nichigo 02-23-2015 11:56 AM

Looks like you snagged a really clean S2k there! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for it. :thumbup:

s2sik 02-23-2015 01:56 PM

awesome!

zeroptzero 02-23-2015 05:08 PM

Nice find, driving RHD in Canada would be a bit tricky for my liking , but some people don't mind it.

Front camber looks out of whack in the one picture, you may want to check the alignment on that if you get a chance.

Fix that rear license plate too !, lol. New exhaust with a crooked license plate just isn't cool :) . Enjoy the ride !

Shobby 02-23-2015 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JFUSION (Post 23516571)
Nice find, driving RHD in Canada would be a bit tricky for my liking , but some people don't mind it.

Front camber looks out of whack in the one picture, you may want to check the alignment on that if you get a chance.

Fix that rear license plate too !, lol. New exhaust with a crooked license plate just isn't cool :) . Enjoy the ride !

RHD isnt sooo bad. I learned how on my FD so its not my first time. Although the huge blind spots on the s2k dont help

A new tie rod end was installed before I purchased and there was never an alignment done. Im waiting until I buy some coilovers before I get one done, thanks for looking out

And on the license plate thing... I knoooooowww. The japanese models have difference spacing for the license plate holes so I have to drill out my mounts. I have been putting it off but I will do it tomorrow I guesss

jonner 02-24-2015 01:54 AM

Keep up the good work.... :thumbup:

YELLOW JACKET 02-24-2015 06:24 AM

love those rims. looks great with them. why going with 17s? :scratch:

Shobby 02-24-2015 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET (Post 23517090)
love those rims. looks great with them. why going with 17s? :scratch:

I just feel like the 18's are too big. Theres a huge gap in the back of my car, from the ground to bumper. I want to get 17's and lower it about an inch or two. Hopefully that willl take care of that gap I dont like. Or I might have to go diffuser

Adrenalize 02-24-2015 06:27 PM

Nice :thumbup:

The rims are nice but I agree - they seem too big.

Shobby 03-12-2015 05:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ayoo, been a while. I bought some things

Someone told me that my top wasnt going down all the way so I bought some modifry straps, install was a breeze. Dont know what everyone is complaining about
Terrible pic:
Attachment 181594

I also installed some new spark plugs and am going to do oil soon
I ordered some buddy club coil overs and a berks test pipe, hopefully will be in tomorrow
I also took out the 8 disk cd changer that came with my car

I have some questions
I have these zip tied hoses on my engine, ones right at the oil filter, the other is behind my valve cover
Oil filter:
Attachment 181595

Behind valve cover
Attachment 181596

What are they for and should I be concerned that they are zip tied?