Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Tuned Perfection's s2000 track build

Old 01-25-2012, 10:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tuned Perfection's s2000 track build

I recently found a used 2002 S2000 with only 18,000 miles. It is a one owner car and the previous owner already did several things to it. It has a new 2.2 engine among other things. It won't be setup for any particular class or series, just my personal fun track car. I do not have the time to get seriously into competing seriously in a series. So this car will be a fun car that I can take to the track from time to time. The goal of this build will be to have a clean car that performs very well in all areas.

I have several sponsors who are behind all of my projects that will be helping out with parts for this project as well. There will be updates posted on this thread as the build progresses. This car will be all motor, no forced induction. I already bought the full Jenvey ITB setup with optional carbon fiber removable intake assembly and AEM EMS setup. Will also be using a header/test pipe/ and a single exit setup with little to no restriction. Many more updates to come. The car is BMW red, has full aero setup with front splitter, rear wing and Mugen hardtop. Pictures coming soon!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 AM

Here is what it looked like when I bought it. The paint had various marks and chips. I like my track cars to perform and look good both, so this car will be getting a new paint job with a yet to be determined color to start.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:22 AM

The front bumper was in fair condition, so I decided to replace it with a new one.

I am good friends with the guys at APR Performance, so I placed a call for a new APR bumper with their integrated lip. Also went with a custom APR carbon fiber lightweight wind splitter, and APR carbon fiber canards

another view of the car when I first got it...
Old 01-25-2012, 10:24 AM

The car had an APR wing on it, but I really did not like the way it looked on the car, so I am replacing it with a new APR GTC-300 carbon fiber wing.

How the back originally looked-
Old 01-25-2012, 10:29 AM

I will also be going with different side mirrors, likely spoon mirrors. If anyone has any suggestions on mirrors, I would be glad to hear it.

Now on to color, I have talked with the guys at Spoon about the Spoon blue color, which I like, but I am really leaning toward Porsche Rivera blue. It is similiar to Spoon, but is a really nice blue as well. As always, any comments and suggestions on any aspect of the build are always appreciated!!!

Porsche Rivera Blue-
Old 01-25-2012, 10:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oooh I like that color. What else do you have planned for the car?

Also, what wheels are those that are currently on the car?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:05 AM

There is lots planned, but I will be upgrading the brakes, swapping to a different suspension, adding some more bracing, etc. Those pictured wheels are 16" Team dynamics wheels on hoosier r6 slicks. I also have the same wheels in 17" black with r6 slicks as well. I will be selling both sets.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:52 AM

Getting the car ready to take to the body shop, decided to eliminate the current sideskirts and go with some carbon fiber side panels. Also decided to eliminate the rear bumper and go with an oem AP2 rear bumper and oem AP2 tail light conversion. Going with the Challenge 76TA-RM race catback as well. Progress pictures to come!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:18 AM

More companies are getting behind this project!! More on that later. All the body parts are at the body shop getting painted. Color is Porsche Rivera Blue. I will be dropping off the chassis next week. The engine bay will be sprayed in a high gloss black to contrast. Have some new Sparco seats on the way. Carbon fiber dash is almost done.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excited to see pictures of it painted. That blue should look great.

Quick Reply: Tuned Perfection's s2000 track build