Bay Area For Sale Items for Sale in the Bay Area. Only Member may post ads.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB OEM Cats

Old 12-06-2011, 09:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default WTB OEM Cats

I sold two OEM cats for $40 each this morning. Both of my cats (not meow type) had the loose rattling honeycomb, and it didn't matter. I met a guy who is in the business of selling/reselling old OEM cats. The s2k cat is one item he is trying to purchase. I'm posting this thread for the good of the community. If you want to make money by selling your cat, please PM me, and I will put you in contact with a buyer in the East Bay who will pay at least $40 per cat. I also sold him $20 worth of nuts/bolts/gaskets for exhaust parts.

I'm doing this as a favor to the community, not a favor to the buyer. Prices are negotiable, but you can talk with him about that part. Mine sold for $40 each.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest, that isnt such a great offer. people on the forum buy/sell them for a lot more than that. $100+
Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by chViETnk
to be honest, that isnt such a great offer. people on the forum buy/sell them for a lot more than that. $100+
Agree.. A good cat can range anywhere from $100-$250... And new replacement ones are estimated at $300-500.. So $40 is only worth it's scrap metal.. Catalytic converters is composed with a limited amount of special material in the honey comb... These guys u met, usually separate the metals and recycle them... Precious metals like platinum if I am correct..
Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ask him if he'll take 50$ for mines

feed him way too much, trying to make some monies back

on a serious note, cats will be harder to find in a couple of years
Old 12-07-2011, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmac

feed him way too much, trying to make some monies back

on a serious note, cats will be harder to find in a couple of years

How so? I was debating on selling mine to fund my exhaust setup. Figured I wouldn't need it until next year
Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 AM

Mine was completely demolished and was so loose that it beheaded my O2 sensor. Same with the second cat I sold. It was useless scrap metal to me, so $40/each was good riddance because it was weighing down my box full of useless parts.

Feel free to try to sell your used OEM cat for $100-$250, because that isn't going to happen based on my research.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by kmac
All jokes aside if you are serious let me know and I can PM you the info.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Mine was completely demolished and was so loose that it beheaded my O2 sensor. Same with the second cat I sold. It was useless scrap metal to me, so $40/each was good riddance because it was weighing down my box full of useless parts.

Feel free to try to sell your used OEM cat for $100-$250, because that isn't going to happen based on my research.
Ever taken a stock oem to the scrap yard? I have. Got 80 bucks for it because of the platinum inside and the shear weight alone. Your connect just seems like the middle man to me. Gives you 40 takes cat to scrap yard makes 80+. Come up!!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by LagunaBlu2k
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1323250853' post='21217357

Ever taken a stock oem to the scrap yard? I have. Got 80 bucks for it because of the platinum inside and the shear weight alone. Your connect just seems like the middle man to me. Gives you 40 takes cat to scrap yard makes 80+. Come up!!
Correct. All about the platinum inside.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by eklipz98
I sold two OEM cats for $40 each this morning. Both of my cats (not meow type) had the loose rattling honeycomb, and it didn't matter. I met a guy who is in the business of selling/reselling old OEM cats. The s2k cat is one item he is trying to purchase. I'm posting this thread for the good of the community. If you want to make money by selling your cat, please PM me, and I will put you in contact with a buyer in the East Bay who will pay at least $40 per cat. I also sold him $20 worth of nuts/bolts/gaskets for exhaust parts.

I'm doing this as a favor to the community, not a favor to the buyer. Prices are negotiable, but you can talk with him about that part. Mine sold for $40 each.
You say you're doing this for a favor for the community. So what's the favor? Ripping us off. Looks like you got the raw end of this deal

Quick Reply: WTB OEM Cats