California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anyone have some BASIC Flashpro Tunes/Calibrations to Share?

Old 03-30-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone have some BASIC Flashpro Tunes/Calibrations to Share?

Hey all,

Just picked up a Flashpro from a local seller. Unfortunately, looks like I didn't do enough homework on the product. I thought there'd be more off the shelf tunes available. I do plan on getting at least an E-tune pretty soon and eventually a custom dyno tune, but in the meantime, does anyone have a tune they can share with me?

FYI, all I have are a K&N FIPK intake and a 63.5mm Berk HFC. After some quick reading, I uploaded the "Toda" Tune from Hondata, which is for a basically stock 06+ w/a Toda header. Apparently, that's the best tune of what's readily available (FREE), and what guys w/test pipes or HFCs, intakes, exhausts, & headers use. I might reflash to a more conservative tune because I feel a lil uneasy about running the Toda tune w/out a header.

I'd love to get a tune courtesy of the kindness of someone's heart (FREE) , but I have a few assorted goodies I can trade, if necessary. I might be willing to pay $$ for a quality tune, provided you have documentation of the source & tuning (receipt &/or dyno print out).

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a tune I did with stock airbox and K&N dropin with 70mm HFC. I can send you that and tweak it a little bit if you send me back some datalogs. I'm no Gernby or Evans, but for free(or beer) I can get you something that is first and foremost safe and definitely better than the images that come with the flashpro software.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:09 PM

odb812,

thanks for the reply and offer. i am hoping to find a tune that's a little closer to my mods, but i'll keep yours in mind though. thanks again for your help.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol

he offers a tune and touch ups for free and you decline? I'm sure a lot of us have tunes (myself included) that match what you don't want to pay for, but if I spent $400 in dyno time to get it, I'm not likely to give it out. beggars can't be choosers. good luck.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6
lol

he offers a tune and touch ups for free and you decline? I'm sure a lot of us have tunes (myself included) that match what you don't want to pay for, but if I spent $400 in dyno time to get it, I'm not likely to give it out. beggars can't be choosers. good luck.
thanks for your helful input. fyi, i don't want odb
or anyone else to have to go through too much trouble tuning my car. perhaps you misinterpreted my "FREE" commments. humor doesn't translate well on the internet. yes, i was asking for someone to share some tunes w/me, but i'm not expecting a FREE tuning session, got it? sheesh, your cheerios must taste great this morning.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Blacktrax can do a custom full-throttle dyno-tune for not much money. You might be surprised and it's worth it for the piece of mind of knowing your air/fuel will be safe.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Blacktrax can do a custom full-throttle dyno-tune for not much money. You might be surprised and it's worth it for the piece of mind of knowing your air/fuel will be safe.
thanks for the suggestion. seems as if i'm giving people the wrong impression.

i fully intend to get my car dyno tuned as soon as i can. i merely was looking to see if someone w/my minimal mods already has a tune that they could share. as mentioned, i was under the false impression that the flashpro, or at least Hondata's website had more off the shelf tunes readily available. i just picked up the Flashpro Sunday and was excited to try out my new toy.

in any case, i don't have a problem paying for dyno tuning. the issue for me is having the free time and finding a tuner that i trust. although not optimal, i'm just looking for a generic tune until i can find a tuner and time slot to have it done. it's not easy having things done to a car which i store elsewhere.... and that my gf hates. lol
Old 04-01-2014, 04:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

don't use the toda cal, it knocked in the midrange on my car with a test pipe and fipk
Old 04-02-2014, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6
don't use the toda cal, it knocked in the midrange on my car with a test pipe and fipk
thanks for the heads up. i already reflashed to the more conservative Injen intake tune. The Toda did feel potent, esp midrange to up top. i didn't pull any logs, but i thought i did detect some knocking even at idle/low revs.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@Trusted_1
We're in the process of updating our site so the S2000 crowd can purchase a solid "piece of mind" NA Fpro tune. If $50 is worth it to you for "piece of mind", PM me.

I've been providing Fpro and Kpro etuning on all S2000 previously tuned by me at a reasonable price since 2006.

Quick Reply: Anyone have some BASIC Flashpro Tunes/Calibrations to Share?