California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

fix it ticket question...

Old 01-31-2005, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fix it ticket question...

hey remember I got a fix it ticket? Jan 2nd...
My girl friends went to pay for it today, they said the exhaust ticket is just like the speeding ticket, I got go court???? and if I dont have time go to the court, I got pay about $10 more, so totally I paid about $110 for the FIX IT TICKET????
WTF?!???????????? the officer gave me the ticket said I just need to replace the exhaust and put the front lisence plate on, then find any other officer or go to any police office ask them to sign off for me, and pay for it that's it. and when the officer sign off my ticket, he said just bring the ticket to the SF police office and pay like about 10 bucks. but today, I paid $110 and 1 point on my report?????? is that BS?????????

anybody knows about this?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:00 PM

You shoudl just be able to prove that you fixed the problem. Then you only need to have it signed off. Unless you got hit for a noise violation too, but it doesn't seem like you did. I have no idea why they would do that. When I had my ticket they didn't even look at the car to see that I fixed it they just asked me and signed it off 10 bucks and I was done.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:12 PM

I already signed it off...the first cop I found in Burlingame told me he may not able to sign off the exhaust because he doesn't think the exhaust on my car is OEM one.... I should took the tip out, he only signed off the front plate.
and the 2nd officer I found in SF not really sure also, he called somewhere and he said yes he could and signed off the exhaust.
my girl friend told me when she came there, that guy is about time to go so he's pretty unhappy about to do this, when my girl friend tried to explan he asked her am I mechanic, if not shut up! and people next to my girl friend asked that guy how do you know he's not, he let him shut up again, WTF.....
I will go to the office again on Wendsday ask them wtf is that, either I cleaned my repoart or not, I will leave a negative feedback for that fat ass.

just wanna know is that right I should pay over $100 and have 1 point report for a fix it ticket? even exhaust or anything else???
Old 02-01-2005, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by owenxguo' date='Feb 1 2005, 05:12 AM
just wanna know is that right I should pay over $100 and have 1 point report for a fix it ticket? even exhaust or anything else???
I've never gotten a fix-it ticket for a modified exhaust, but I have gotten one for illegal window tint. In my case, I had two options. One option was to remove the illegal tint and then pay $10 to get the ticket signed off by a cop. The other option was to pay something like $90 without doing anything else.

This was a few years ago when I lived in Los Angeles, but I think that's the way it works for all fix-it tickets - you can either fix the violation and pay a small sign-off fee, or you can do nothing about the violation and pay a higher fee.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by cyber_x' date='Feb 1 2005, 08:10 AM
I've never gotten a fix-it ticket for a modified exhaust, but I have gotten one for illegal window tint. In my case, I had two options. One option was to remove the illegal tint and then pay $10 to get the ticket signed off by a cop. The other option was to pay something like $90 without doing anything else.

This was a few years ago when I lived in Los Angeles, but I think that's the way it works for all fix-it tickets - you can either fix the violation and pay a small sign-off fee, or you can do nothing about the violation and pay a higher fee.
but even I am not gonna fix it and pay like $90, I shouldn't have 1 point record right? that's not traffic ticket???
Old 02-01-2005, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by owenxguo' date='Feb 1 2005, 06:08 PM
but even I am not gonna fix it and pay like $90, I shouldn't have 1 point record right? that's not traffic ticket???
Yeah the 1 point on your record doesn't sound right. But, I honestly don't know much about this stuff. I know I didn't get any points on my record for my illegal tint fix-it.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they are pulling your chain. They have no right to add a point or whatever you want to call it to your record. There is no such animal in Hawaii. Points? WTH is that? Gay ass shi* if you ask me. I would have got right in that cops face if he told me that. He's not a mechnic either so how the hell would he know what factory or not on this car? Simple answer, they dont.

I had a cop pull me over in Hawaii for blue lights (on the S2000) and he insisted they were illegal and aftermarket. I told him right up front that its a new Honda and he would have no clue what was legal and what was not on the car. He wrote the ticket anyway I crumpled it up in his face and threw it in the car and I told him I would see him in court. Low and behold he never showed up and I had pictures and statements from the Honda dealer that they were OEM and the judge flat out told me that he was giving me hard time and he dropped the case. I ended up paying $10 for the court fee but thats better than $100. Still the city won because they took $10 from me. Now multiply that by a million and you have big bucks. Scam if you ask me.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:45 AM
SaV

I had the same thing happen to me. The person that processes that stuff said that a modified exhaust ticket is a "fix-it" ticket, BUT you still need to go to court and see a judge for it to get it cleared. Fortunately, when I went (like a month ago) there was a computer system loophole that wouldn't allow the system to process two fix-it tickets at different prices for the same ticket (I had a front plate violation and the modified exhaust violation on the same ticket).

What I mean is that I was supposed to pay $110 for the exhaust violation (full price) and the front plate violation (signed off for $10 bucks). Their sh!tty computer system couldn't recognize one violation being signed off while the other for full price ON THE SAME TICKET. Thus, I got both for $10.

BTW, there are no points attached to an exhaust ticket. It isn't a moving violation.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/stdPAge.asp?Me...on-Sep_2003.htm
Old 02-01-2005, 02:54 PM

umm Owen maybe your not understanding the answers they are giving u...I know your english isn't up to par so I would go with someone that'll be able to translate for you if you haven't done this already.

Quick Reply: fix it ticket question...