California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

NorCal Sightings Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scottrnelson
[B]I just went out to my garage and spotted a red one under the car cover.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:45 PM

ok, there. you happy now?
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=44564

its actually alot more likely top get read as a seperate thread, but in the future I'll link it to here too.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yu888
[B]ok, there.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Psicho54

Once people take notice and start catching on, this thread will spread like wildfire.

Have you seen the SoCal sightings thread? That thing is humongous!!!
You WANT to be like SoCal?...oh...you're from there...my bad...my condolences.

But seriously, its kind of a PITA to scroll through the whole thread and thats why people post other "sighting" threads. Nonetheless, we should give it a try.
Old 01-31-2002, 04:43 PM

Okay, now that this has mutated into a discussion on the thread itself rather than a true sightings thread...

What is the point of posting sighting?

There are like 13,000 S2000's in the USA and probably 2000 of those are in California. The Bay Area is likely to have at least 500. Our cars are not exactly rare anymore.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I just can't get excited reading that a club member has seen yet another S2000. I see several per week and I hardly drive at all these days (typically less than 50 miles per week in all my vehicles combined).

I'll ignore this thread now, at least until I see "hot flames" coming from the icon indicating that you've all been successful after all.
Old 01-31-2002, 05:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yu888
[B]

You WANT to be like SoCal?...oh...you're from there...my bad...my condolences.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:18 PM

its cool bro, I'm just giving you a hard time.

Suprisingly, I did not see ANY S2000's today. I usually see one or two, and also usually post b/c of something unique, either its someone I dont already know...and I know many owners around here, OR b/c I saw so many.

and my apologies to scott for going off the subject. no more.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by AVXs2000
For what I saw, there are a silver, a Yellow, and a Black s2000 here in Santa Cruz.

I never saw the driver of the Black s2000, the Yellow driver is a elderly man, the Silver driver looks like a Asian.

anyone here?
I think the black/black in SC works at Tarantella (nee SCO) -- it was the very first S2000 I saw up close, and that was at Doug Michael's place for a big party before Forum. I went home and told my wife I had given up on the Jag, I wanted an S2000. 4 months later, I had one.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:58 AM

I work at Ygnacio & Broadway in walnut creek and there's a silver (red? interior) i see all the time...usually going west on ygnacio or coming north on broadway and turning, woman driving, usually either around 9-10am or 3pm.

Just bought an '02 yesterday morning! Have been wanting an S2000 for awhile. (A silver/red has been the wallpaper on my work computer for the last 6 months and the S2k has been my Grand Turismo 3 vehicle of choice since I got the game months ago - hehe!) Did my taxes friday and am getting a *phat* refund and it starting burning a hole in my pocket right away. Got up yesterday morning, playing around on Concord Honda's website while drinking coffee and - whoa! they had 2 in stock! Ran right down there and drove off with a new black on black (the other they had was a white/red). Got 232 miles on the clock as of this morning! (16 when I pulled outta the lot.) Nice top-down ride up through the delta to show it off to some friends in Sac. Awesome vehicle!! Major first impression is this car is designed totally for *driving* and nothing else, which is exactly what I wanted.

BTW - I hope all you S2k owners here put the top down *as often as possible*!! Seriously freezing body parts off or getting wet is the only excuse! I always wanna stop and beat the crap outta people when I see them driving a convertible on a sunny day with the top up!

BTW#2 - The white/red was still there when Concord Honda closed last nite, not spoken for. Just in case anyone's looking...

Ok, it's another sunny day - i'm OUTTA here!!!!
Old 02-03-2002, 10:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by straymutt
[B]I work at Ygnacio & Broadway in walnut creek and there's a silver (red? interior) i see all the time...usually going west on ygnacio or coming north on broadway and turning, woman driving, usually either around 9-10am or 3pm.

Just bought an '02 yesterday morning! Have been wanting an S2000 for awhile. (A silver/red has been the wallpaper on my work computer for the last 6 months and the S2k has been my Grand Turismo 3 vehicle of choice since I got the game months ago - hehe!) Did my taxes friday and am getting a *phat* refund and it starting burning a hole in my pocket right away. Got up yesterday morning, playing around on Concord Honda's website while drinking coffee and - whoa! they had 2 in stock! Ran right down there and drove off with a new black on black (the other they had was a white/red).

Quick Reply: NorCal Sightings Thread