California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Passenger Window Problem

Old 10-14-2012, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Window Problem

It's been recent that this has been happening. When I would start the car at certain points, the passenger side window would roll all the way down by itself; I'm pretty sure that the passenger side window doesn't have an auto down function. So after a few days it would roll down and it would take a few tries of clicking the switch to roll it down or up. Then a few days later I rolled the window down with no problems but when I tried to roll it up it wouldn't go. I took the door panel apart and the passenger window motor was very hot to the touch; I don't know if it should be like this.

After a few hours of trying to figure things out, I took it to a window shop and all they had to do was connect a battery to the plug of the passenger side window and it rolled back up. They said it may be something electrical or with the switches. Do you guys know any possible problems to this that I could fix, like maybe it is just a bad switch? Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can try swapping with a working switch to see if that's the problem. but yes, what the shop said does make sense. something is telling that motor to constantly 'roll down' the window, which is causing the motor to get hot.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How WEIRD. My passenger window stopped working last night. I saw your thread title and was like WTF. Mine is stuck down and I can hear the normal sound of the motor working but I also hear this strange crumpling sound also.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 AM

Yeah. Hopefully it is just the switch
Old 10-15-2012, 02:15 PM

So weird because just this recent saturday, I tried rolling up my windows and i seen the window fall back down. Good thing it didn't shatter the window. Took everything apart and for me, the reason was because the wire had snapped. Looked around for a new window regulator but it seems passenger sides are harder to come by than the driver side. I bought a new one off hondapartscheap.com for around $230 and am waiting to be able to pick it up at south bay honda.

So yeah, hopefully it is just the switch and not the entire regulator/motor that you need to change out.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
How WEIRD. My passenger window stopped working last night. I saw your thread title and was like WTF. Mine is stuck down and I can hear the normal sound of the motor working but I also hear this strange crumpling sound also.

Originally Posted by myridechanelle
So weird because just this recent saturday, I tried rolling up my windows and i seen the window fall back down. Good thing it didn't shatter the window. Took everything apart and for me, the reason was because the wire had snapped. Looked around for a new window regulator but it seems passenger sides are harder to come by than the driver side. I bought a new one off hondapartscheap.com for around $230 and am waiting to be able to pick it up at south bay honda.

So yeah, hopefully it is just the switch and not the entire regulator/motor that you need to change out.
you, my friends, def have a window regulator malfunction. I had the same problem last year, tried rolling the driver window up and it fell to the bottom of the door.

call around to various junkyards and find a used one - I was able to source one from San Deigo for $80 shipped and have had zero problems with it.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:55 PM

you, my friends, def have a window regulator malfunction. I had the same problem last year, tried rolling the driver window up and it fell to the bottom of the door.

call around to various junkyards and find a used one - I was able to source one from San Deigo for $80 shipped and have had zero problems with it.
How would I be able to tell if it's a regulator problem or a switch problem?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:31 PM

You have a switch problem most likely. Everyone else is the regulator.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:32 PM

If the shop was able to roll the window back up by jumping the motor it isn't your regulator.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ics2ks
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1350270308' post='22082210
Originally Posted by myridechanelle

Crap, I really don't want to spend $230 on my window regulator, especially since I need a new windshield also right now! Ugh. I don't know if I'll be able to track one down like Chris. Does anyone know if the passenger side window regulator is the same for the Ap1 as Ap2?

Quick Reply: Passenger Window Problem