California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Save California's Coast and State parks

Old 07-24-2009, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Save California's Coast and State parks

Arnold can still change the budget to exclude oil drilling and cutting our state parks, but only if he hears from enough concerned citizens.

It's very important and not difficult at all to contact Arnold and simply tell him that this budget proposal is preposterous.

Gov. Schwarzenegger and leaders in the state Legislature reached an agreement on the budget that includes opening our coast to more oil drilling and closing many of our state parks. But there's still a chance to protect our coast and parks. The governor can move to strip these harmful provisions from the budget.

http://www.environmentcalifornia.org/actio...rks?id4=tafsent

save big sur and hwy 1

"I'm sending you all a link to a page where you can send the Governor a message telling him what you think about the new state budget that consists of closing 80% of California State Parks and opening up our coast for oil drilling.

Firstly, research conducted at Sacramento State University determined that the new budget will save us 140 something million dollars a year. WOW. that's great. too bad state parks are a HUGE ****ING ATTRACTION and revenue in taxes more than their cost to our state. check out this news article I ran across.

http://news.santacruz.com/2009/07/16/repor...ks_exceeds_cost

Our elected governor clearly didn't pass 2nd grade math and doesn't value our natural environment... something that is prized in California.

Oil is incredibly costly to drill and we can create many more jobs without extensive pollution, environmental destruction, and expense by utilizing clean renewable energies harnessed from the wind and sun.

please. just click on this link and press "send" to have your voice heard and counted by our State Assembly.

http://www.environmentcalifornia.org/actio...ks?id4=ES"
Old 07-24-2009, 03:25 PM

The Governator needs to focus on taxing medical MJ.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:35 PM

^^^^ why us !!!get the RICH people>>>>>we dont smoke meth......peace out>>>>>
Old 07-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You want to keep the parks then start handing out condoms. This planet is becoming overpopulated.

The government needs to go on a serious diet. I know very little about what goes on and it makes me sick sometimes. Someone I know has a garage full of tools because the government needed to spend money that was left over in their budget. This is just one person, a regular worker not management mind you and one little department of many.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:40 PM

ive.heard.that.weed.is.a.20.billion.dowla.business ..

legalize.it.tax.it.

problem.solved
Old 07-24-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by reo5150,Jul 24 2009, 03:35 PM
^^^^ why us !!!get the RICH people>>>>>we dont smoke meth......peace out>>>>>
You can always grow your own.

But thanks for links Wendy, the California coast and State Parks have so much to offer, and to ruin them would be a crying shame.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:01 PM

all u guys have to do is click the pre-written link and send :T i did. hopefully 30k plus ppl will reply *which is easy* and then they take it out of the budget. i just hate see oil drills off the coast. it pisses me off
Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj Elixur,Jul 24 2009, 07:01 PM
i just hate see oil drills off the coast. it pisses me off
Would it piss you off if I took your car away from you? I doubt you ride a bicycle everywhere or take public transit. If there wasn't a demand he wouldn't do it.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by macr88,Jul 24 2009, 08:12 PM
Would it piss you off if I took your car away from you? I doubt you ride a bicycle everywhere or take public transit. If there wasn't a demand he wouldn't do it.
mac, he wants to close down 80% of the states national parks. meaning, places you love, which im sure will include parts of yosemite, sequoias, the redwoods... so he can open it for drilling? you'd give up yosemite for some gas? its not just off the coast. its again, eighty percent of our states parks which generate alot of tourist attraction.. :T its shooting ourselves in the foot. if i lived close enough, i wouldnt take my car to work, id rather walk/bike, its healthier.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:13 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I hope people will vote these politicians out of office. His budget plan is a farce.

Quick Reply: Save California's Coast and State parks