California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Ballade Sports S2Ki & Loss of Repair License

Old 04-05-2019, 02:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Ballade Sports is an abomination of a company and a disgrace to the S2000 community. They blatantly copied my design (Air Pump Simulator) and then undercut in price; they've done the same for many other products. I could easily take them to court and win, but these lowlifes aren't worth my time – too busy running a legit motorsport engineering business.

He who follows another is always behind. Good riddance.

Caleb (Izze-Racing)
Old 04-05-2019, 03:15 PM

Received 349 Likes on 325 Posts

Deleted from book marks
Old 04-05-2019, 05:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't been to Ballade Sports, but I've seen it when driving over to my buddy Kevin's shop, Wicked Street Garage. He's one of the most honest mechanics I know and doesn't even advertise as all of his business is repeat customers and word of mouth. I don't want to break any forum rules here, but if you're looking for a referral for a good honest shop in SoCal, PM me.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU
For the record, BalladeSports did choose to end their relationship with S2KI/IB. Their title has been updated to show "Former Sponsor" instead of "Banned."
Here's a question without having to disclose any sensitive information. If Ballade Sports wanted to renew their sponsorship would S2ki allow them to become a sponsor again? Kind of confused why for a few years they had "banned" if it were just due to not renewing their sponsorship. There have been multiple posts and speculation that they were actually banned and not just given the label for not paying. Curious why the banned label is being removed now and not back when people said it was due to their faulty products and trying to remove negative reviews with lawyers.

Also, I would highly suggest anyone who has had a bad experience with this shop post reviews in more visible places like Yelp and Google.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by AstroPhsx
Here's a question without having to disclose any sensitive information. If Ballade Sports wanted to renew their sponsorship would S2ki allow them to become a sponsor again?
Maybe, maybe not. The decision would ultimately be up to Internet Brands (IB), the owner of this site.

Originally Posted by AstroPhsx
Kind of confused why for a few years they had "banned" if it were just due to not renewing their sponsorship. There have been multiple posts and speculation that they were actually banned and not just given the label for not paying. Curious why the banned label is being removed now and not back when people said it was due to their faulty products and trying to remove negative reviews with lawyers.
Normally, if a vendor is removed for nonpayment, IB places them in the "Banned" usergroup, which is misleading IMO but that's another discussion. When I discovered this thread, I checked with IB to see if BalladeSports ever properly canceled and they did so I asked that it be changed. IB handles several other automotive forums in addition to S2KI and I don't think their other forums even have a "Former Sponsor" usergroup so their account management team might not know or might not always remember to assign former vendors to the "Former Sponsor" usergroup instead of "Banned."

Last edited by JulieU; 04-05-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find a s2 friendly attorney and sue him and make a complaint to the state auto repair government office
Old 04-09-2019, 02:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow. I had work done by them a while back. Makes me want to take the S to another shop for a good inspection.

The following users liked this post:
speedcat (04-18-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 03:40 PM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Let's just say any mechanic that remotely respects your car would NEVER close your engine hood by throwing it up and letting it free fall onto the latch.
Not sure how high he "threw it" but letting it fall on the latch is how the hood is designed to be closed.

2006 Honda Owners Manual (check yours but I bet it says the same thing):
To close the hood, lift it up slightly to
remove the support rod from the
hole. Put the support rod back into
its holding clip. Lower the hood to
about a foot (30 cm) above the
fender, then let it drop. Make sure it
is securely latched.
-- Chuck
Old 04-10-2019, 02:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Just FYI, I am also available for any maintenance work including clutch replacements (I have a DIY on this site), valve adjustments, fluid changes, etc.... Feel free to look me up on IG for some references as well.

IG: nalgas_de_fierro.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
01ap1allday (11-13-2020)
Old 04-11-2019, 02:48 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Glad I passed on these guys when they first opened up shop. I had inquired about having an OEM retainer swap done for insurance and he responded that unless i went supertech springs and retainers that he would not do the job. HA! Who remembers the guy who had a pristine s2k and had them do the body work on it?? Poor guy..

Quick Reply: Ballade Sports S2Ki & Loss of Repair License