S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   California - Southern California S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/california-southern-california-s2000-owners-16/)
-   -   Has anyone seen King Tut (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/california-southern-california-s2000-owners-16/has-anyone-seen-king-tut-329099/)

Rambler 10-13-2005 06:57 PM

It SUCKED...then SUCKED some more.

How bad did it suck?

Well you know the "death mask" on all the posters?

They don't even have that!!! I mean it's on the freckin posters...and it's not even there?

I went, paid my $$$ got the head phones...then went to The Grove and went shopping and got some eats...that was best part of the whole gig.

DON'T GO....SAVE your $$$ for a burger.

The Body Works exhibit..that was AWESOME!

WFO Racer 10-13-2005 07:07 PM

Tut wasn't there, just some of his crap. Some were reproductions. Most of the stuff looks like it was made in Ensenada. Whatever you do don't take use your camera phone to take pictures inside like I did. The security dork got his panties in a wad, he tried to take my phone , I told him to call his older brother for help cause he wasn't going to be able to take it from me. I walked away and slipped my phone to someone in our group , they tried to question me as I got to the end but I just walked to the bathroom past the little store at the end ,then walked out.

Bring your own headphones , glad I did. It didn't look like they cleaned them after someone else's crusty ears were in them.

CBeyond 10-13-2005 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rambler,Oct 13 2005, 06:57 PM
Well you know the "death mask" on all the posters?

They don't even have that!!! I mean it's on the freckin posters...and it's not even there?

Read one post above yours. :rolleyes:

PGmotoringAP2 10-14-2005 03:39 AM

i went last week. i thought it was good. i agree that there should have been more king tut stuff. i was expecting to see a mummy, but nonetheless the exhibit was pretty cool to see how stuff from centuries ago preserved so well. i think i paid $22 bucks for students w/o audio tour. get it if u don;t like to read that much.

superjimbo 10-14-2005 08:57 AM

[QUOTE]Actually it was there. The photograph you've seen in the advertisements is a photo of the miniature sarcophagus that is displayed in the exhibit. The craftsmanship of the miniature is so good, you can't tell what scale it is from a photo.

I saw the show several months ago, right after it opened. My friend works for LACMA, so he got me in for free during a brief period when they were offering that perk to employees. I will check to see if there are any more "hookups" remaining.

GorillaQueen 10-14-2005 09:28 AM

it is $25 admission on weekdays, and $30 on weekends.
Audio tour and parking charge seperately.

Sticky Dipstick 10-15-2005 06:36 AM

I saw it last time it came through and it was far better then.
Saw it again this time, still pretty good.