S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   California - Southern California S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/california-southern-california-s2000-owners-16/)
-   -   one of my neighbors rat on me (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/california-southern-california-s2000-owners-16/one-my-neighbors-rat-me-768116/)

kreestofur 02-22-2010 09:55 PM

yea... irvine. end of story.

but i still don't understand the rule about the common area. how is your garage a common area? and i understand you opening the garage because it's just better to get the air in. but could you clarify that for us? on how it's a common area. and what else are you doing that you're not telling us? like using an air gun or anything else that's loud?

AlX Boi 02-22-2010 10:00 PM

Your place looks like my buddy's neighborhood on Yale and Blue Lake S, but then again, most of Irvine is built on a mold. It's the same with my place in West Park.

Squirtle 02-22-2010 10:00 PM

Feed your neighbors poisoned Kimchi.

Milc 02-22-2010 10:02 PM

aw man bummer man. My neighbors are cool with me workin on my car. security guards r too. i mind my own business and they mind theirs. I live in a townhouse but yea. Hope I don't get ratted out and even if I do I don't read mail o_O

S2000Patrick 02-22-2010 10:09 PM

Most of those complexes have an association. Possibly one of the board members driving/walking by and seeing you breaking the rules?
Maybe it isn't your, "old white grandpa who is obviously retired", neighbor.

You mentioned, working in your garage, but the letter mentions, working in "the common area".
Is your garage a common area? :confused:

i_heart_my_DB8 02-22-2010 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by krnmike,Feb 22 2010, 10:00 PM
Sometimes we have our friends bring their cars over to help out with some stuff.

There is another side of the story.

Somewhere, on some tract-home gated development forum, someone is ranting about that kid who's always working on his car and inviting all his friends with their loud cars over and partying in the driveway.

:LOL:

cenix 02-22-2010 10:13 PM

read your community association papers and determine what constitutes the "common areas." the obvious purpose of a community and its regulations is to maintain property values. i doubt inside your garage is a common area...perhaps you were working on your car in the street?

sucks to hear though.

smirfs2k05 02-22-2010 10:20 PM

I use my sister's townhouse to roll fenders at and the head of HOA always walks by and is like oh changing tires again I'm like yes sir haha never had any complaints. I'm a bit concerned with the condo I just moved into if I bring my air compressor from my parents house if the neighbors are going to trip =/

AP1.5 02-22-2010 10:25 PM

I'm going to disagree with the person who said that it was a mistake to go around and ask. I think it was good of you to do to put people on notice (in a nice way) that it was a dick move to go behind your back and snitch on you like that.

A neighbor's dog (granted it was loud) was taken away because it barked. I was sad to hear that happened.

And like everyone else said, Irvine=:thumbdn:.

EliteTuning 02-22-2010 10:30 PM

sorry to read about this. This is an issue with all associations. What you can do is close your garage, insulate with sound deadening and cross your fingers no one will say anything.