Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

911 owner is shocked at 8k

Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 owner is shocked at 8k

I bought my first S , "on my second now" , in nov 04 . I told my wife I'd have the car 2 maybe 3 yrs at best ...well all these yrs later , lets just say I've been blessed.Its what I told my wife , I've been blessed with the best car of my life and now I can't sell EVER , so honey it was sent to me from the heavens ...just like you were ...hence my ownership cont. to this day.
We are all lucky to own such a grt car for so little money , a friend of mine has a newer 911 "big big money". He drove in my car last week , said to me I'll let you drive my car if I can drive this ...didn't wanna do it, but I did , let me tell you the look on his face was priceless the first time I said lay into and take to 8k ...he did , then turned to me "looking almost sick" and says this thing is UNREAL !!! Won't the motor blow if you keep driving it hard like this ..then I took the wheel hit 9k two shifts in a row ...I thought he was going to pass out
After our ride I said know what I've driven 911s ...nice car , strong road car ... can yours scream like the S ...no? ...why bother then ...give me gas money and I'll let you drive my S again...ha just laughed and ended with a classic line ... "I had no Idea Honda made a car like that" ....I felt blessed yet again for be being lucky enough to enlighten someone as to what a great car we all own ...LONG LIVE
Old 05-09-2012, 02:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

....and that's what happens when vtec kicks in y0'.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

There is nothing like this motor. A lot of cars have more flash but there is something truly pure about this one.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:51 PM

I feel lucky every single day I get to walk outside, while brushing my teeth, and gaze upon such an amazing car. I've never drive anything like it.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are great cars..I have a few BMW friends, one who has been road racing his e36 m3 for a while; it's a really fast car.

When he first drove my car, he giggled like a school girl when he first hit VTEC.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:07 PM

My dad did the same thing when he cracked vtec. "Wow what was that? That was really something, like the car car two sides." He drives a AMG benz.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM

should have said "too soon junior" when he shifted at 8K lol
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I was looking for an S2000 I ran across a seller who actually had quite a bit of money. He was a contractor of some sort and said he preffered the S2k to his Porsches based on handling alone.

I found it at the time to be a crock of shit because obviously Porsche puts a great deal of time into they're cars and they are costly for a reason. However since then and hearing my buddy (supposedly) beating one by a car length I'm sort of curious to how these cars match up.

Not to say the S2k couldn't do it with the right driver/mods but I'm having a hard time believing either of them. Sorry if I'm derailing the thread but I seen 911/S2k and thought I would throw this out there.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
Not to say the S2k couldn't do it with the right driver/mods but I'm having a hard time believing either of them.
...and/or the wrong driver in the 911 (not uncommon). A lot of people seem to assume that spending the big $$ on the car somehow improves their driving ability.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:26 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
When I was looking for an S2000 I ran across a seller who actually had quite a bit of money. He was a contractor of some sort and said he preffered the S2k to his Porsches based on handling alone.
People like to say Porsches have a more "refined" ride. I think it really comes down to having a very good/balanced suspension, fat tires, and a more comfortable ride. The s2k is certainly more "raw," particularly the ap1, which many people like. The s2k is certainly one of the few "bargain" sports cars.

Quick Reply: 911 owner is shocked at 8k