Button Feeling Fine and Ready For Canada
Villeneuve Warns -- Crash Could Change Button

JACQUES VILLENEUVE has warned that Jenson Button's high-speed crash at Monaco, which forced him to pull out of the Grand Prix weekend could affect the British ace adversely.
No stranger to huge shunts himself, Villeneuve said on his official website, "I don't know whether it will or not, but if the first crash doesn't affect you then you're OK for the rest of your career."

JACQUES VILLENEUVE has warned that Jenson Button's high-speed crash at Monaco, which forced him to pull out of the Grand Prix weekend could affect the British ace adversely.
No stranger to huge shunts himself, Villeneuve said on his official website, "I don't know whether it will or not, but if the first crash doesn't affect you then you're OK for the rest of your career."
Sata Will Go To Canada With BAR Honda

TAKUMA SATO will go to Canada with the BAR Honda team next week in his capacity as reserve driver, but is not planned to replace Jenson Button who the team are sure will be fit by Friday.
"BAR Honda have confirmed the good news that Jenson Button has recovered from his Monaco accident and the team are looking forward to him racing in the forthcoming Canadian Grand Prix," Sato's Manager Andrew Gilbert-Scott said.
"Takuma will be attending Montreal in his usual capacity of third driver for BAR. This has been planned for a long time since Takuma attends all the long-haul races as a matter of policy and was present in Australia, Malaysia and Brazil."
Sato was not called in to replace Button when the Brit pulled out of the Monaco Grand Prix weekend as the team did not know Button would not compete in enough time for Sato to qualify for the race.

TAKUMA SATO will go to Canada with the BAR Honda team next week in his capacity as reserve driver, but is not planned to replace Jenson Button who the team are sure will be fit by Friday.
"BAR Honda have confirmed the good news that Jenson Button has recovered from his Monaco accident and the team are looking forward to him racing in the forthcoming Canadian Grand Prix," Sato's Manager Andrew Gilbert-Scott said.
"Takuma will be attending Montreal in his usual capacity of third driver for BAR. This has been planned for a long time since Takuma attends all the long-haul races as a matter of policy and was present in Australia, Malaysia and Brazil."
Sato was not called in to replace Button when the Brit pulled out of the Monaco Grand Prix weekend as the team did not know Button would not compete in enough time for Sato to qualify for the race.
BAR Honda To Start 2004 With Old Car

British American Racing will start the 2004 Formula One World Championship season with a modification of their current car, the BAR005, according to a report in this week's Autosport magazine.
The report quotes the team's Technical Director Geoffrey Willis [pictured here with David Richards] as saying, "We will run next year's engine quite early and there are a lot of developments on the car we want to run early, but we'll probably take a leaf out of McLaren and Ferrari's books."
"With four fly-away races at the start of the season, this is probably a better way - when we are sure of reliability."
The BAR005 has struggled so far this season with poor reliability but the team is gradually bringing their charge home to the chequered flag with fewer breakages.
Willis said that there will be some transmission and engine improvements for the 'interim' car BAR will start 2004 with, along with some aerodynamics upgrades. The completely new car will be introduced in the first European round of the season - forecast in late April.

British American Racing will start the 2004 Formula One World Championship season with a modification of their current car, the BAR005, according to a report in this week's Autosport magazine.
The report quotes the team's Technical Director Geoffrey Willis [pictured here with David Richards] as saying, "We will run next year's engine quite early and there are a lot of developments on the car we want to run early, but we'll probably take a leaf out of McLaren and Ferrari's books."
"With four fly-away races at the start of the season, this is probably a better way - when we are sure of reliability."
The BAR005 has struggled so far this season with poor reliability but the team is gradually bringing their charge home to the chequered flag with fewer breakages.
Willis said that there will be some transmission and engine improvements for the 'interim' car BAR will start 2004 with, along with some aerodynamics upgrades. The completely new car will be introduced in the first European round of the season - forecast in late April.
BAR Honda To Head To Court

British American Racing will go to court on June 26 after an attempt was made to seize their cars in Monaco.
The PPGI company has alleged a non-payment of commission due to former BAR sponsor Teleglobe who were with the team since 1999, but cut their sponsorship shorter than the planned 5-year term.
PPGI were issued with a mandate that they could seize BAR's three Grand Prix cars at Monaco, but were told they would not be given the help of public services such as the police.
BAR have immediately contested the claim in court, and will attempt to have it overturned on 26th June.

British American Racing will go to court on June 26 after an attempt was made to seize their cars in Monaco.
The PPGI company has alleged a non-payment of commission due to former BAR sponsor Teleglobe who were with the team since 1999, but cut their sponsorship shorter than the planned 5-year term.
PPGI were issued with a mandate that they could seize BAR's three Grand Prix cars at Monaco, but were told they would not be given the help of public services such as the police.
BAR have immediately contested the claim in court, and will attempt to have it overturned on 26th June.
Trending Topics
Why Sata Didn't Replace Button

MUCH confusion reigned at the Monaco Grand Prix that Jenson Button was not replaced for the race by BAR test and reserve driver, Takuma Sato.
Sato's management released a statement explaining why he didn't stand in for Button.
"We would like to thank everyone for their interest in Taku not being able to compete in Monaco this weekend," it read. "It is always the teams decision whether to bring a driver to each race but in the case of B.AR. the policy is to leave Taku at home for the European races and call him up if there is an emergency. Taku travels to all six long-haul races but is able to get to the European races very quickly if needed."
"In Monaco this weekend, it is important to remember that Taku would have had to qualify on Saturday in order to be allowed to race on Sunday. B.A.R expected Jenson to be fit to race on Sunday so the decision to call on Taku was not made by the team."
"Please be assured that Taku is still very much a part of the B.A.R team and is fit and ready to race at a moments notice if required. He is as disappointed as anyone that he could not compete in Monaco this weekend."

MUCH confusion reigned at the Monaco Grand Prix that Jenson Button was not replaced for the race by BAR test and reserve driver, Takuma Sato.
Sato's management released a statement explaining why he didn't stand in for Button.
"We would like to thank everyone for their interest in Taku not being able to compete in Monaco this weekend," it read. "It is always the teams decision whether to bring a driver to each race but in the case of B.AR. the policy is to leave Taku at home for the European races and call him up if there is an emergency. Taku travels to all six long-haul races but is able to get to the European races very quickly if needed."
"In Monaco this weekend, it is important to remember that Taku would have had to qualify on Saturday in order to be allowed to race on Sunday. B.A.R expected Jenson to be fit to race on Sunday so the decision to call on Taku was not made by the team."
"Please be assured that Taku is still very much a part of the B.A.R team and is fit and ready to race at a moments notice if required. He is as disappointed as anyone that he could not compete in Monaco this weekend."
Villeneuve Misses Test Day With Back Problem

JACQUES VILLENEUVE missed the final day of testing at Monza this week suffering from a back problem.
This added to the BAR Honda team's woes as their other race driver, Jenson Button is not testing this week while he recovers from his accident at Monaco.
Villeneuve complained of a back pain during testing yesterday but managed to get through the team's scheduled set-up and tyre work in preparation for the Canadian Grand Prix, before the end of the day.
The team decided to rest him today so that he will be 100% fit for his home race next week.
So the testing duties once again fell to Anthony Davidson and Takuma Sato.

JACQUES VILLENEUVE missed the final day of testing at Monza this week suffering from a back problem.
This added to the BAR Honda team's woes as their other race driver, Jenson Button is not testing this week while he recovers from his accident at Monaco.
Villeneuve complained of a back pain during testing yesterday but managed to get through the team's scheduled set-up and tyre work in preparation for the Canadian Grand Prix, before the end of the day.
The team decided to rest him today so that he will be 100% fit for his home race next week.
So the testing duties once again fell to Anthony Davidson and Takuma Sato.
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
S2000 Driver
Car and Bike Talk
0
Mar 31, 2002 06:29 AM







