S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Need help picking out a new daily (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/need-help-picking-out-new-daily-1174109/)

WolfpackS2k 06-14-2017 09:24 AM

If your girlfriend is putting limitations on what type of car you can buy now, just think of what it will/might be like to marry her?

:dogrun:

mosesbotbol 06-14-2017 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 24226676)
If your girlfriend is putting limitations on what type of car you can buy now, just think of what it will/might be like to marry her?

Do you really think she is asking for much? I don't.

InterHat 06-14-2017 09:39 AM

I'm confused, why does it matter if she doesn't like your daily that much if she's just learning to drive on it? It's not like she's going to be driving it daily like you. I learned to drive on my mom's minivan. Get a minivan.

Look for Lexus' in your price range or something else reliable and comfortable if you're dead set on all these restrictions.

white98ls 06-14-2017 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 24226712)
Do you really think she is asking for much? I don't.

Yes, I do.

My wife didn't love my S2k, and doesn't drive stick, but she still tried to convince me to keep it when I got my current car (I thought selling made sense given we were buying a house... and I can always get another S2k). I also got my current car in a manual even though she can't drive stick, and there is a very good DCT version readily available (actually easier to find).

The above concerns my wife's ability to even drive the thing (and we have a tandem one-in-front-of-the-other garage, so that's a big deal), while this guy's girlfriend "doesn't like" a particular body style which is pure preference only. IMO, and maybe it's not my place, but she needs to get over it unless she is paying for it.

mosesbotbol 06-14-2017 10:41 AM

My girlfriend is fine as long as it is not made in Germany (except for a few cars). That's easy for me as I don't like most German cars and they're not that cool to start with...

879 06-14-2017 10:49 AM

I wouldn't touch the XJ with a 10 foot pole.

Fun, reliable, automatic? TSX, why? double wishbone suspension, reliable, and comes in an automatic.

If you're looking for something beyond that, 325i, for what it's worth, they're fun cars.

bgoetz 06-14-2017 05:18 PM

I had a similar criteria and ended up with a 2010 328i M-sport sedan. I love the car and it is the perfect compliment to my S2000, I wouldnt have picked anything different. You will need to look hard to find a good clean one and plan to spend $4-6k more, but it is worth it.

bkowa092 06-14-2017 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by white98ls (Post 24226894)
Yes, I do.

My wife didn't love my S2k, and doesn't drive stick, but she still tried to convince me to keep it when I got my current car (I thought selling made sense given we were buying a house... and I can always get another S2k). I also got my current car in a manual even though she can't drive stick, and there is a very good DCT version readily available (actually easier to find).

The above concerns my wife's ability to even drive the thing (and we have a tandem one-in-front-of-the-other garage, so that's a big deal), while this guy's girlfriend "doesn't like" a particular body style which is pure preference only. IMO, and maybe it's not my place, but she needs to get over it unless she is paying for it.

Preach!

Simplegreenvr6 06-15-2017 09:04 AM

Sounds like a TSX might fit the bill. Honestly, despite the fact that your gf is wearing the pants here, I think a GTI might be do-able as well. Find a good example w/ decent miles in a DSG transmission and you'll really enjoy the awesome mpg, practicality of a hatch and the DSG is so much fun. I wouldnt say they are maintenance heavy cars, but its something you need to investigate on when you hear a new odd noise.

mosesbotbol 06-15-2017 09:19 AM

Which car would make your girlfriend look her best; to her? A car complete's the fashion picture.