S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Subaru Dealer Got Me Into Another WRX (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/subaru-dealer-got-me-into-another-wrx-1212221/)

zeroptzero 05-04-2022 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by kos (Post 24928971)
Definitely a solid deal. I can't say I will ever like the new body style, and this is from owning an 05 and 06 for 13 years now, but it definitely has some nice new features, especially with that new transmission that I just took a training on (Parts Mgr for a dealer in AZ)

Yeah I can get over the outward appearance, there are some nice styling cues and some not so nice, lol. The new features are nice to have over my last gen WRX. We need an auto tranny in our family as my other car is a manual tranny 2022 Civic Si, but I'm liking what I see from the new SPT tranny, it has some nice feature upgrades on that tranny over the present gen version.

zeroptzero 10-05-2022 04:57 PM

Six months from order date, and it came all the way from Japan. The only good thing about the wait is that I got to drive my trade-in vehicle for another 10k kilometres and no change in trade in value from when the deal was made, so all is good.

Just waiting for the dealer to get the PDI done, slow as molasses for them to do that. No jokes about the black cladding and trim please :) I will get used to the looks, and it does drive really nice.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...fef623d16f.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...08670436cb.jpg

TheDonEffect 10-05-2022 05:26 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...d1af356a89.jpg

What's up twin.

And oh yeah, I bought one too, lol, been needing to write up a post but eh life.

As far as the cladding goes, people have been painting them. Personally, I like the black cladding, I like the contrast becaues it breaks up all the large surface areas. Really the only think I like about the VAs is the traditional double opening front bumper since I'm a 90s kid who fawned over GTRs. And I like the fender vents with the molding, otherwise I find this car better looking. The flares in the quarterpanel is more prominent, with teh cladding and black bits there seems to be a better sense of proportion. Anyway, one of these days I'll write up my review.

zeroptzero 10-05-2022 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect (Post 24960035)
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...d1af356a89.jpg

What's up twin.

And oh yeah, I bought one too, lol, been needing to write up a post but eh life.

As far as the cladding goes, people have been painting them. Personally, I like the black cladding, I like the contrast becaues it breaks up all the large surface areas. Really the only think I like about the VAs is the traditional double opening front bumper since I'm a 90s kid who fawned over GTRs. And I like the fender vents with the molding, otherwise I find this car better looking. The flares in the quarterpanel is more prominent, with teh cladding and black bits there seems to be a better sense of proportion. Anyway, one of these days I'll write up my review.

Oh sweet, I had no idea that you had a 22 WRX, that looks real nice, congrats. I am trading in my 2019 WRX in World Rally Blue, but I do like the silver too. The black cladding over the wheel wells doesn't bother me, the rear bumper could have been a bit smoother but it is what it is. I have yet to drive mine as I am waiting for the dealer to prep it. I test drove one 6 months ago, but I look forward to spending more time with it. Compared to my 2019 WRX I liked the improved handling, steering ratio, linear power band, chassis stiffness, and interior and tech changes. My 2019 held its value so well it cost me very little to drive it for 3.5 years, I think the 2022 will be just as good. Thanks for posting ! Enjoy the ride and I look forward to any review you may have of the vehicle.

QUIKAG 10-06-2022 05:25 AM

I don't mind the black cladding besides the protruding rear bumper part. It just looks awkward in photos. I did see one at an autoshow last year and it's not quite as pronounced in real life. Reviews are all good on the new one though. Congrats and enjoy!

TheDonEffect 10-06-2022 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero (Post 24960039)
Oh sweet, I had no idea that you had a 22 WRX, that looks real nice, congrats. I am trading in my 2019 WRX in World Rally Blue, but I do like the silver too. The black cladding over the wheel wells doesn't bother me, the rear bumper could have been a bit smoother but it is what it is. I have yet to drive mine as I am waiting for the dealer to prep it. I test drove one 6 months ago, but I look forward to spending more time with it. Compared to my 2019 WRX I liked the improved handling, steering ratio, linear power band, chassis stiffness, and interior and tech changes. My 2019 held its value so well it cost me very little to drive it for 3.5 years, I think the 2022 will be just as good. Thanks for posting ! Enjoy the ride and I look forward to any review you may have of the vehicle.

Thanks, and congrats to you as well! Oddly enough, I find the lighter colors look better on the VB than the darker colors, it really highlights the contrast with the all the dark bits and I prefer it. Cars today are too tall with high beltlines relative to the wheel openings due to all the crash regs, so having the cladding breaks up all that sheetmetal. The VA for instance gives me some Kei car vibes with all that side sheetmetal relative to the wheel openings.

I haven't driven the VA extensively, but I have driven the prior gens, and for me it's worlds better for all the points you mentioned. The interior finally feels modern even for an entry level econo car, the car finally has a feeling of mature quality, it's not high end by any means but it finally feels more Toyota than... Dodge if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by QUIKAG (Post 24960079)
I don't mind the black cladding besides the protruding rear bumper part. It just looks awkward in photos. I did see one at an autoshow last year and it's not quite as pronounced in real life. Reviews are all good on the new one though. Congrats and enjoy!

Yeah the rear bumper in person and out in the wild is far less offensive to the point I really don't even notice it. Photogenic this car is not, but in person it's far better.

Bullwings 10-06-2022 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect (Post 24960035)

You still on the wait/order list for a gen2 BRZ/GR86? Going to keep both? Or just holding this in between until it arrives?

zeroptzero 10-06-2022 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect (Post 24960162)
Thanks, and congrats to you as well! Oddly enough, I find the lighter colors look better on the VB than the darker colors, it really highlights the contrast with the all the dark bits and I prefer it. Cars today are too tall with high beltlines relative to the wheel openings due to all the crash regs, so having the cladding breaks up all that sheetmetal. The VA for instance gives me some Kei car vibes with all that side sheetmetal relative to the wheel openings.

I haven't driven the VA extensively, but I have driven the prior gens, and for me it's worlds better for all the points you mentioned. The interior finally feels modern even for an entry level econo car, the car finally has a feeling of mature quality, it's not high end by any means but it finally feels more Toyota than... Dodge if that makes sense.

Yeah the rear bumper in person and out in the wild is far less offensive to the point I really don't even notice it. Photogenic this car is not, but in person it's far better.

This will be a daily driver family car just like my 2019 was. I just can't think of any other car that will check all the boxes for me. For some odd reason these cars also hold their value like mad, I would not buy a used one but a lot of people do and they sell used ones for pretty close to new prices, insane. Being in a winter climate region the AWD system is so nice to have, I actually like driving in snow because of it lol. I hope to be driving mine in 6 days time. woot.

TheDonEffect 10-06-2022 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings (Post 24960220)
You still on the wait/order list for a gen2 BRZ/GR86? Going to keep both? Or just holding this in between until it arrives?

I pulled my deposit the day I bought the WRX, and I was miraculously/suddenly #1 on the list after being told I was #4 for almost 5 months at that point, and I know they got more. For now the WRX will do, it's a much better DD which is what I need now, and does the majority of the fun stuff too, and in some way better. I hope down the road I can pick up an 86, but we'll see where life takes me.

Originally Posted by zeroptzero (Post 24960240)
This will be a daily driver family car just like my 2019 was. I just can't think of any other car that will check all the boxes for me. For some odd reason these cars also hold their value like mad, I would not buy a used one but a lot of people do and they sell used ones for pretty close to new prices, insane. Being in a winter climate region the AWD system is so nice to have, I actually like driving in snow because of it lol. I hope to be driving mine in 6 days time. woot.

Thing is I don't know how the resale on this car will fair. Resale is directly tied to appeal, and this car is not appealing to the amount of people like the prior gens are. Of course there are other factors as well, perceived reliability, etc, but appeal in this case is what's buoying resale value.

zeroptzero 10-06-2022 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect (Post 24960266)
I pulled my deposit the day I bought the WRX, and I was miraculously/suddenly #1 on the list after being told I was #4 for almost 5 months at that point, and I know they got more. For now the WRX will do, it's a much better DD which is what I need now, and does the majority of the fun stuff too, and in some way better. I hope down the road I can pick up an 86, but we'll see where life takes me.

Thing is I don't know how the resale on this car will fair. Resale is directly tied to appeal, and this car is not appealing to the amount of people like the prior gens are. Of course there are other factors as well, perceived reliability, etc, but appeal in this case is what's buoying resale value.

I lease all my vehicles as it simplifies things for work tax purposes. This is the first time I have ever made money on a leased vehicle, I get paid for returning my leased WRX back to the dealer. They will end up selling it for more than what they pay out, but I make out quite well. I did it now while things are good, you never know what happens 12 months down the road.