Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

From 06 ap2 to 07 335i

Old 04-08-2010, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From 06 ap2 to 07 335i

Soooo im forced to trade in my laguna blue ap2 for a more practical car -_- i found a 07 335i with 43k miles. The price is still being negotiated lol but what do you think about this tradeoff and how the bmw will be? I am afraid that it will break down like all bmws right after warranty ends, in this case, in 7k miles. So let me know what you think about the 335i thanks! Feel free to gimmie your opinions no matter how mean it may be lmfao. and ill definitely be coming back to another S in the future!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:22 AM

There's so many good pre-owned "practical cars" to be had for cheap in this market. Especially SUV's. I'd keep the S, change the insurance on it to a leisure/pleasure auto, and daily the practical car. I bet insurance wouldn't be much more, and you'd wouldn't have to compromise fun for practicality because you'd have both.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2leftshoes,Apr 8 2010, 02:12 PM
Soooo im forced to trade in my laguna blue ap2 for a more practical car -_- i found a 07 335i with 43k miles. The price is still being negotiated lol but what do you think about this tradeoff and how the bmw will be? I am afraid that it will break down like all bmws right after warranty ends, in this case, in 7k miles. So let me know what you think about the 335i thanks! Feel free to gimmie your opinions no matter how mean it may be lmfao . and ill definitely be coming back to another S in the future!
You are:
1. dumb for believing all bmws break down.
2. ignorant for believing all bmws break down.
3. stupid for considering buying a bmw even though you believe they all break down.

Now having said that, the 335i is a good car. BUT there are plenty other cars for much cheaper that are just as practical if not more so, a few subarus come to mind. W/o knowing what kind of practical needs you have we cannot accurately suggest the proper car in our opinions for you.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM

If you truly think that all BMW's break down after the warranty then why would you even consider this car? Are you a glutton or something? I have owned several BMWs...some of which I owned with tripled digits on the odometer and they have all been pretty rock solid.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:31 AM

Im very attracted to the 335 thats why i want it lmfao but it does have a weird ticking sound coming from the engine. I did some research and it brought me to a lot of noted problems and issues the 3 series had which got me to worry. Im sorry for sounding ignorant because i thought bmws tend to break down, i was just unsure of how mechanically sound these cars are to be.

Anyways, when i meant practical i mean something that can seat more than 2 and it had to be easy for my family to drive as well -_- i hate sharing cars. But yeah, unfortunately my family does not and refuses to learn how to drive stick so i am forced to move to automatic as well. I did not want to sacrifice my fun for practicality as well, consider me selfish but i like my toys. I noticed subarus and mitsus are always available but the gas consumption on those babies scare me lol. Also i do a lot of city driving so my mpg will DIEEE.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by 2leftshoes,Apr 8 2010, 02:31 PM
but it does have a weird ticking sound coming from the engine.
Thats the insurgent option. I advise you to not drive near a marketplace or gov't facility should it activate and explode just after the warranty is up.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at something simple. Auto Accord or Civic 4 dr and have a DD that is auto and reasonable and the S is the weekend chariot.

My TLS is the DD to haul the kids to school and the sunny afternoons and weekends are for the S with a top down.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by sparrow,Apr 8 2010, 10:24 AM
You are:
1. dumb for believing all bmws break down.
2. ignorant for believing all bmws break down.
3. stupid for considering buying a bmw even though you believe they all break down.

Now having said that, the 335i is a good car. BUT there are plenty other cars for much cheaper that are just as practical if not more so, a few subarus come to mind. W/o knowing what kind of practical needs you have we cannot accurately suggest the proper car in our opinions for you.
Thats the insurgent option. I advise you to not drive near a marketplace or gov't facility should it activate and explode just after the warranty is up.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2leftshoes,Apr 8 2010, 10:31 AM
I did not want to sacrifice my fun for practicality as well, consider me selfish but i like my toys. I noticed subarus and mitsus are always available but the gas consumption on those babies scare me lol. Also i do a lot of city driving so my mpg will DIEEE.
subies and mitsus fuel economy scare you? the 335 isn't exactly known for gas mileage either...

practical, economical, fun, auto? how about a GTI?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=mad pup,Apr 8 2010, 03:03 PM]subies and mitsus fuel economy scare you?

Quick Reply: From 06 ap2 to 07 335i