Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Officially Revealed

Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rnye,Jan 5 2010, 11:59 AM
Quit stoking the fire and get off the Generals sack.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=rnye,Jan 5 2010, 07:59 AM] "Son" - I didn't add it.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Jan 4 2010, 11:25 PM
I'm just not a fan of the new Caddy look and the interior is absolutely hideous! It looks like a pimpmobile decorated by Target.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:39 AM

That pop up nav needs to go. Otherwise it looks good inside... reminds me of the new TLs, but more gaudy.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 AM

Just because something is shiny doesn't make it a quality interior. It just makes it attractive "looking." I'm still not convinced at how it will hold up. I'm not going from what I've heard even though it seems to concur more often that not. I'm going from my own experiences.

My father's 08 Escalade's driver seat wore very badly. He only used the truck twice a week. He turned it in with 20k on the clock a few months ago. He is not a large man. Ironically, that was his gripe with Tahoe's of the early 2000's. The leather wears so fast. Also, the door handle on both driver and passenger side was coming off. Yes, we had to open it carefully from the outside. What gives? Its a $60k+ truck. Besides that, I really liked the truck.

I sat in the CTS-V at the last big auto show. It had an excellent stance and profile. It wasn't as big on the inside as I had thought it would be but what do I care. It had the most torn up looking drivers seat out of any car at the show. I dont get it.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Jan 5 2010, 09:51 AM
Just because something is shiny doesn't make it a quality interior. It just makes it attractive "looking." I'm still not convinced at how it will hold up. I'm not going from what I've heard even though it seems to concur more often that not. I'm going from my own experiences.

Hopefully GM fixes their easily worn out seats. Couldn't they use something more durable? I'm sure it's not real leather anyway.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,602 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Jan 5 2010, 12:51 PM
I agree. I really like the dash layout and design of the CTS-V (hell, I almost bought one) but it's the quality of the materials and the fit and finish that I didn't care for. Sure, you can use the argument of price, but the Audi S4 for the same money has a much better fit & finish. FTR, I don't like the new C class & E class interiors, a lot of the materials used in those are now hard instead of being a soft material, so I'm not being biased to a brand.

If GM (and the others) want to compete, they need to do a better job.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by exb00st,Jan 5 2010, 10:39 AM
That pop up nav needs to go. Otherwise it looks good inside... reminds me of the new TLs, but more gaudy.
I think the CTS should keep its pop up navigation - fixed units tend to look extremely dated over time which is why companies like Ferrari keep (most, with the expection of the California and its Chrysler sourced sat-nav) their interiors clean and focused.

The JDM S2000 navigation unit looks absolutely atrocious. I used to like the look retrofitted in USDM cars with aftermarket units installed but after not seeing one for a while, then seeing S4Play's car for sale.. really makes you appreciate simplistic/timeless/clean look of a factory dash.

I also agree with the three posters before me, looks nice as is, but quality sucks. I really can appreciate the CTS' dash layout though - the climate controls are sweet!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Aston Martin Vantage has a pop-up Nav, FWIW.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 AM

IMO, I think pop-up navs break up the interior more while in use/popped up and are not worth the unsightliness of being able to hide them while not.

I think Acura was able to incorporate the nav quite nicely in the TL (which I mentioned the new CTS' dash reminded me of), although its a little far back.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Officially Revealed