Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2013 Estoril Blue 335i M sportline

Old 05-29-2013, 11:30 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2013 Estoril Blue 335i M sportline

I just go this car, ordered it from europe as there were no 6 speed sticks available the way I wanted it. Arrived with 14 miles on it at the auto broker (Hammer Auto , very good to deal with).

Much of my comparrisons are with my former car, a 2004 Acura TL 6 speed sedan I had to 90,000 miles. No complaints about that other than wrong wheel drive. There is NO turbo lag, you would not know it was a turbo unless you were told, just seemless power and torque, not unlike a small block V8.

The BMW is fantastic, and why not, it cost a few bucks more than an average car and I took it with plenty of options. In 2012 and 2013 there is no M3 of this body style, remembering first comes the sedan, then convertible, then M . So this is close, it contains allot of "M" content that I paid for includes trim bits , suspension, interior bits, and wheels. 300 hp is way under rated as thing can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds.

So far I have only 400 miles on the car, have gotten 24 mpg on first tank and pushing 24 with the second tank. I do not baby this and it is in SPORT mode all the time. The suspension has 4 modes, Economy, Comfort, Sport and Sport plus which turns off most of the electronic nanies. The 6 speed has a short shift kit from the factory, another M part, and the shifting is butter smooth. Steering changes with suspension settings, its electric and kinda fuzzy at time, but the turn in is exceptional.

The ride is firm, the way I like it, and it has run flats that work well. The 4/48 warranty is all inclusive of maintenance and wear and tear and comes with roadside panic button with assistance and a free year of sirux radio. All I pay for is gas, insurance, and tires **** expensive tires. The sounds are fantastic, you have exaust noise and a tad of engine noise when at full throttle, redline is about 6500 rpm, although you know it by the sound it makes. The clutch is effortless, even in traffic, and grabs just right.

18 inch staggard wheels and tires, just a tad larger than the S2000 in width. The I drive is manageable, I prefer simpler times and less choices/menues, but it is nice to have sometimes. The nav is inferior to the Acura and so is the interface, give me touch screen anytime. Backup cameras are amazing, you can even get a "three demensional sky view" of the car 360degrees.

Interior has room in the rear and the M seats are superb, giving adjustable side bolsters, and memory. You can even open the trunk with your foot under the rear bumper if you hands are full. It has keyless entry of course and a start stop function that saves about 5% in gas and is seemless, and you can turn it off. No dip stick, straight six that sounds like my 1987 325is, no coolant guage, only an oil temp guage. Sportline trim does not offer fog lamps, rather large openings for brake cooling and two intercoolers.

Estoril blue is a wonderful M color, google "2013 estoril blue bmw 335i" and you can see it, sorry no photos from me here. No limited slip diff, but there is a nanny that applies the brakes when you are in trouble one wheel at a time.

Wonderful large brakes, no special paint of logo, just 3 pot on front and two on rear, with very large discs.

I did not want the V8 m3, just too poor mileage and maintenance eventually will be large after warranty. I got it for less than sticker, special order, kinda like the european delivery deal, a tad north of 50K. Sometimes I turn off the music and just listen to the song the car makes, I am happy with my purchase...and no the S2000 will not be sold!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice - estoril blue is always a good choice.
But as you know - PICS!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:58 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
very nice - estoril blue is always a good choice.
But as you know - PICS!
Yes and yes! Great color and we need pictures!!!

Did you order it with run flats or is that the only way they come?
Old 05-29-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 424 Likes on 299 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase.

I am putting my order in soon on a 2014 but can't decide between the four or six cylinder. The four seems to jump out faster for some reason and seems lighter on its feet, but once the six spools up it pulls like a beast.

I am getting x drive so I have to have an auto. bleh. But anywho, nice car. I love the color, wish it was offered without the M sport package.

BTW, apparently the 2014 models have upgraded NAV with touch screen so that problem is fixed.

I am keeping my S too!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Run flats are standard, they are good run flats,improved over what was available before. There is no jack, and I was not offered a choice of tires, only wheel sizes, 17 is stock, the M sport has 18's or 19's.

I drove the 4 cyl auto and loved it, can't believe it is only 240hp, I think it is underrated as is the 3.0 turbo. I would opt for the 6, mpg is not much different, when you put folks in the car it needs all the power it can get imho. I have no regrets with the 6 cyl over the 4 cyl, and you will be 4 wheel drive, so extra weight. The auto is fantastic for an auto trans, someday when I am older or have a spouse who wants to drive my car I will opt for the auto.

I would opt for the 6 cyl any day. the 4 is a great combo,but you may find yourself wanting more power....I can chip this thing for another 40 hp and 50 ft of torque, boy would that be great in the S2000? I have no regrets about not getting a slightly used v8 M3, none.

Sorry no photos here, but do GOOGLE it, plenty of great photos and comparrisons and write ups.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

pics when you get a chane!
Old 05-29-2013, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! Glad you are happy with it! I have had my CPO 135 for a few months now and I have really enjoyed driving it, I am sure driving its big brother (335) is a nice change from the Acura!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent pick-up, it's an awesome daily driver. Do you intend to keep it stock or do you have other plans? We have an 07 E90 6MT and an 09 E92 6AT and both are pretty much FBO except exhaust beyond the 3" DPs is stock on both cars except we deleted the secondary cats on the sedan. 400ish RWHP and they hook up well especially if you ditch the run flats for a set of Micheline PSS and still pulls 30+mpg on highway trips. Enjoy it.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:39 AM

Received 424 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by hirev
The auto is fantastic for an auto trans, someday when I am older or have a spouse who wants to drive my car I will opt for the auto.

I just found the 2014 ordering guide on Bimmerfest with the different options listed. For the 328i sedan, 335i sedan, and 335i xdrive it lists the ZMT option (manual transmission) as "NC" but unavailable for all other models. Either this is a typo or for 2014, "NC" means something other than "no charge" or they have a manual for the 14 335i xdrive. I find that hard to believe, but I'd be happy if it was true. You can get an S4 with a manual, and Xdrive with a manual would be awesome.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:26 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

Congrats on the new car! that's probably the best color for that car.

Quick Reply: 2013 Estoril Blue 335i M sportline