Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2019 California Aftermarket Exhaust

Old 01-11-2019, 12:18 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1
I think you make some good points here and would not argue with your point the fines might be a little stiff. I went to court on doing 40 in a 30 and my fine was $250 when I was a teen. The person before me in court was caught with a baggie of coke in their car and had a ton of priors according to what the prosecutor was saying and they got a $50 slap on the wrist. Its not always perfect.
Yea things like that are pretty upsetting. Obviously I don't expect the justice system to micro-manage every case that comes across a judges eyes but I feel that this is a step in the wrong direction. With this bill, we are not properly addressing the issues we're seeing on the streets.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2019...aS0Wc3LCKmo8B0

Sema update.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:12 PM

Received 566 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by dea7hr0w
thanks for that.

If I get pulled over, will I receive a $1,000 fine?

According to the Judicial Council of California’s Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedules for 2019, the suggested base fine/fee for a first conviction is $25 with a total fee of $193.

Seems fair... you get a warning. After that, get rid of your noise maker. There are plenty of functional exhausts that aren't obnoxiously loud.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:34 PM

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesD89
This is a dumb law, but objects don't get freedom of speech and noise limits do not restrict freedom of speech. Don't be so dramatic
He was making a pun.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Raptor
He was making a pun.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1
Cops got plenty of stuff to worry about. Sounds like this is just a hammer to use against the ear splitters. I am not a big regulation guy, but does not sound like the end of the world, or the craziest thing ever floated as law in Cali.
Nothing ever does... at first.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:50 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
thanks for that.

If I get pulled over, will I receive a $1,000 fine?

According to the Judicial Council of California’s Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedules for 2019, the suggested base fine/fee for a first conviction is $25 with a total fee of $193.

Seems fair... you get a warning. After that, get rid of your noise maker. There are plenty of functional exhausts that aren't obnoxiously loud.
whoa, looking up facts and being reasonable! You must be new here. Most people just like to say something stupid about California on these posts. I love California. This changes nothing. I hope they crack down on idiots on motorcycles blasting music super loud next. They are the worst.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:47 AM

Received 566 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by ealand0001

whoa, looking up facts and being reasonable! You must be new here. Most people just like to say something stupid about California on these posts. I love California. This changes nothing. I hope they crack down on idiots on motorcycles blasting music super loud next. They are the worst.
I love California too - SoCal, Orange County here. I have a lot of co-workers that have relocated to a new business unit at my company from Utah, and they all seem to love it too, so much so that they've purchased homes (in Orange County) within the last year at the height of the market... It's awesome that there are 5 tracks within a 200 mile radius of where I live with multiple configurations. The weather also lends itself to year round driving, and with all the mountains, you can enjoy a nice cruise without having to go to the track.

As for motorcycles, they are obnoxious and loud; however, I actually appreciate them being loud when I'm driving. In their defense, they are much more difficult to see, so the mantra of "hear me before you see me" applies and is an indirect added safety benefit for them. They just need to not ride like asshats when going through residential.

Last edited by Bullwings; 01-13-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:02 PM

Received 493 Likes on 376 Posts

Those friggin bikes with those friggin speakers. Im all for having a good time after a hard work week, but seriously on a Tuesday night at 12am just revving your glass packs and playing ratchet ass mumble rap.
And all those fools running straight pipes in your pos car essentially doing the same thing.
Those "enthusiasts" are the reason the rest of us cant have nice things.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:50 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ealand0001

Loud pipes save lives.... let's see if bikes get hit as hard.

Quick Reply: 2019 California Aftermarket Exhaust