Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

4C vs F-type vs Evora vs GT350

Old 06-24-2019, 03:54 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
I don’t seem to have those problems but oil consumption and I’m ok with that.

I don’t have a single complaint about the R. It’s exactly what I expected it to be. The motors blowing up isn’t something I’m aware of. You sure you’re not confusing the issues with the Focus RS?
It's pretty well documented, if you go on any forum or group there's gonna be at least one post a week it seems.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
You're saying the 4C is not reliable? Evora clutch job isn't that much more than a Vantage clutch job from a dealer. There's always the IPS Evora too.

As an aside, I was at a car show yesterday and someone had an Evora 400 there. He also owns a Huracan and R8. He drives the Evora 400 the most and feels it's the most confidence inspiring of his cars at speed, despite the Huracan and R8 both being AWD.
It's like 5k or something, apparently engine out deal.

Alfas don't have the track record, last I remember the giulia has been having issues as well. I really looked into one, met a guy with one who said it's dead reliable, but I dunno how its gonna be long term.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:17 PM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
everyone else likes reliable cars.
I think everyone likes reliable cars, some people are just more willing than others to live with foibles..
Old 06-24-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Saki GT
I think everyone likes reliable cars, some people are just more willing than others to live with foibles..
Priorities.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:01 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

It's like 5k or something, apparently engine out deal.

Alfas don't have the track record, last I remember the giulia has been having issues as well. I really looked into one, met a guy with one who said it's dead reliable, but I dunno how its gonna be long term.
5K is about right. The whole back half of the car is taken apart. $500 in parts.

The engine in the 4C has been used by Alfa for quite some time and has a well established track record for reliability. I believe if you buy a used 4C from a FCA dealer there are great extended warranties available. New 4C's can get impressive factory warranties the same as the rest of the FCA marques.

Used 4C to me looks like the best sports car deal out there for around 40K. As high tech as it gets, good build quality, beautiful, good warranty, and timeless styling. Great gas mileage and a hoot to drive. It's little heavy on the "fast & furious" engine sounds, the turbo is really old school, but that's part of the charm. I didn't find the manual steering to be hard from a dead stop. The car is pretty light.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:50 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,604 Likes on 1,910 Posts

My Giulia has been 100% reliable. It's had a couple recalls, but that's really no different from any other car maker. My Giulia is a 17 Ti AWD, right around 17k on it so far.

I like the 4C, I've been toying with the idea of test driving one to see what they're like.
The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 07:39 AM

Hmm perhaps then these Alfas have gotten better, but then

https://jalopnik.com/here-are-all-th...fix-1797069082

Granted though I haven't really looked too deeply into it, but seems you don't have to look far for issues.

But to be fair though, most cars these days have some kind of issues, especially bargain performance cars and European cars in general.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:52 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,604 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Hmm perhaps then these Alfas have gotten better, but then

https://jalopnik.com/here-are-all-th...fix-1797069082

Granted though I haven't really looked too deeply into it, but seems you don't have to look far for issues.

But to be fair though, most cars these days have some kind of issues, especially bargain performance cars and European cars in general.
Mine is a 2017 build, mine was not affected by any of those TSB/recalls etc. Like I said, zero issues. I'm not saying they're all perfect (no brand is) but based on my experience the car is perfect.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:57 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Mine is a 2017 build, mine was not affected by any of those TSB/recalls etc. Like I said, zero issues. I'm not saying they're all perfect (no brand is) but based on my experience the car is perfect.
That's good to hear. I keep getting tempted by the Giulia Quad.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:59 AM

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
My Giulia has been 100% reliable. It's had a couple recalls, but that's really no different from any other car maker. My Giulia is a 17 Ti AWD, right around 17k on it so far.

I like the 4C, I've been toying with the idea of test driving one to see what they're like.
In this day and age the expectation should be that ANY car is 100% reliable with only 17k miles. I get a kick out of people who brag about reliability on vehicles under 5 years old and under 50k miles. Report back once you hit 100k miles...if you keep it that long.

Quick Reply: 4C vs F-type vs Evora vs GT350