Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

5 Things You Never Knew About Honda

Old 06-27-2018, 08:01 AM
IB Staff

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Default 5 Things You Never Knew About Honda

5 Things You Never Knew About Honda
By Christopher Hurst

Honda has a history that spans far beyond what most enthusiasts think of. Here are 5 incredible facts you never knew about the company…
Old 06-29-2018, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you don't know but the CEO of Honda - Mr Soichiro Honda was a CEO without any formal education. He decided to work as a mechanic in an auto workshop in Tokyo, then come back to his village to start his career.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:24 AM
IB Staff

I didn't know that one about Soichiro Honda. That's quite the feat. There is something to be said about a CEO who upon discovering that buyers in the US are experiencing rusting problems due to salt on the roads, buys defective cars back and doesn't fix them. Instead, they crush the cars and discover a solution to the problem.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:03 PM
nvK

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamieconway88
Maybe you don't know but the CEO of Honda - Mr Soichiro Honda was a CEO without any formal education. He decided to work as a mechanic in an auto workshop in Tokyo, then come back to his village to start his career.
I didn't know that about Soichiro Honda! Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor
I didn't know that one about Soichiro Honda. That's quite the feat. There is something to be said about a CEO who upon discovering that buyers in the US are experiencing rusting problems due to salt on the roads, buys defective cars back and doesn't fix them. Instead, they crush the cars and discover a solution to the problem.
Your comment about buyers in the United States experiencing rusting issues with their Hondas intrigued me, so I looked into it for myself.

Learning about Honda's response to the rusting issue makes me love Honda even more. Truly a class act!
Old 07-03-2018, 08:37 AM
IB Staff

It really says a lot about a company who unlike some brands who have to be publicly shamed before they'll issue a recall on defective vehicles.