Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Anyone in San Diego want to drive a Z

Old 08-23-2004, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shift_S2K,Aug 23 2004, 11:45 AM
If your pussyness prevents you from taking advantage of driving a car you want to try that's your problem but don't speak for everyone else.
Wow, three days on the board and calling people pussies. How do you think you look to the rest of us now? Keep talking like that and I would guess your time here will be short. To me, someone who justs pops up on this board asking to trade cars sends up a huge RED FLAG. Pussies = NO, Not Stupid= YES

Personally, the last thing in the entire world I would do is lend my car to a complete freaking stranger no matter how expensive your rims are or how much you paid for that Nissan. How do I know you will not be drop the clutch 10 or 15 times etc.? You will find that a huge population of people on this board do not let anyone else drive their cars, not even valet. Go rent one and save yourself the trouble.

Oh yeah, trying respecting peoples opinions/concerns instead of making yourself look like a complete jacka$$.

Ryan
Old 08-23-2004, 01:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You mean the way he respected me...

All I did was make an offer, If someone came to the 350z board and made the same offer obviously I would take it.

Obviously there is risk in letting others drive your car and if i'm willing to take that chance obviously others will be too. Therefore my statement about not speaking for others.

If this will appease anyones fears, maybe we can do a half hour drive in my car with you driving and me as passenger then a half hour drive in your car with you as passenger.

Oh, and to the two who have nothing better to do but get on peoples threads and pick fights, do you guys even live in SD, and if you do but in no way would trade cars, what are you even doing posting on this thread...
Old 08-23-2004, 02:21 PM

As a matter of fact, I DO happen to live in the San Diego area....

I simply stated the facts of why there is barely any interest in doing this with you. Surely, I think that I speak the minds on most of us on this board... maybe not all, but, everyone is entitled to their own opinions..

Also, I should point out that at no time did I make a direct attack on you, as you did to me... I just simply stating the facts of the matter.

Just like Ryan stated, it isn't about "pussyness" its simply about the fact that people around here dont just lend their cars to anyone. Posting in a board for a while DOES make a difference since it shows people what type of person you are and attitudes that you take towards the "community" as a whole. Something that you already seemed to start showing. (yes, that last time WAS, indeed, directed towards you specifically)
Old 08-23-2004, 03:37 PM

dude, stop being a crybaby. he asked to trade cars for a quick drive. its not out of the question or a crazy idea......meet up, switch, cruise the freeways, have fun driving something new, switch back, continue on living your life......
Old 08-23-2004, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ksdaoski,Aug 23 2004, 03:37 PM
dude, stop being a crybaby. he asked to trade cars for a quick drive. its not out of the question or a crazy idea......meet up, switch, cruise the freeways, have fun driving something new, switch back, continue on living your life......
i agree...the poster just stated he would like to trade cars...no need to post negative comments if you aren't down to trade cars....i'm sure there is at least a few people that would take him up on his offer....if one's scared that his S2000 might be abused, he can ride shotgun

it's just a car...the S2000 isn't a McLaren
Old 08-23-2004, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Shift_S2K,Aug 20 2004, 01:53 PM
If anyone in San Diego either in OB or Mira Mesa areas would like to race or trade cars for a few hours let me know.

I'm thinking of selling the Z and getting an S2K but I'd like a better test drive than what I can get at the dealer's.
if I was near SD i'd take you up on this offer, but alas, I am in the SF Bay Area
Best of luck finding an S to test drive
Old 08-23-2004, 06:06 PM

My sentiments exactly, I extend my gratitude to the last three posters.

Also however, I apologize for the pussiness comment I can see how that might have been a little much. I don't want to get started on the wrong foot.

I still have no idea what the point of the post was though since I was asking if anyone wanted to trade cars, not if anyone didn't.

Also, I wouldn't just let a total stranger drive off in my car, but that seems OBVIOUS. What I suggest is meeting first, checking out each others cars and we'll go from there.

For those who want to know, it's a 2003 touring (Leather, bose, diff) and it's stock except for some lightweight 19's (I realise that this can sound contradictory but by that I mean lighter than the stock 18's). Oh, and it's a 6 speed manual.

About myself if it matters, I'm 30, work for a video game company and am pretty uptight about my car so you don't have to worry about me doing donuts in a parking lot with yours.

I look forward to hearing from any takers.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:29 PM

thats what i mean... believe me, Im not one to jump threads to start problems or anything. I was just stating that the way the proposal was brought on, it would probably not create a lot of interest. My suggestion to you Shift_S2K is for you to go to the SoCal forum and see when someone is having a meet. Go there, meet some people, and more than likely, you will get your wish there. I find that to be one of the best ways of getting things like this done.

That's how I got the oportunity to drive a STi, which then, made me decide to purchase one.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:56 AM

I gotta agree with some of the above posters... you guys need to chill. The guy just wants to get a feel for the S2000 before he decides if he wants to buy one. Hell, I wish that was an option when I bought one. Instead, I was stuck with a stuff saleman that got his panties in a twist if I revved to much..

Moreover, if you don't want to lend your car to the guy, then don't. That is your option. But for you to come on this thread and post what you guys posted is not right..

Jsalicru, you don't speak for everyone on the board and to make that assumption was wrong. ------"I think that I speak the minds on most of us on this board" ------ Moreover, I do not consider you to live in San Diego or in the area of San Diego. You live in Riverside/inland empire.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:02 AM

Yeah, I drove an STI, they are freaking awesome cars, just a shame they are so damn ugly, no offense.
If Subaru made an SVX on the STI platform and it actually looked good, I'd be all over it.

Quick Reply: Anyone in San Diego want to drive a Z