Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

BMW M1/1M hits the 'RING!

Old 04-21-2010, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeJewler,Apr 21 2010, 08:00 AM
Regardless of trim or performance? So I'm guessing a prerequisite for being an auto enthusiast is being an expect in high fashion and style. I'm glad you proved that you really care what other people think. If its your money, then who the F cares?
What makes you assume caring about how your car looks has to be about what other people think?

I'm sure every one of us here has had the experience before where when walking away from your vehicle something makes you take a quick glance over your shoulder just like you would when parting ways with your new girlfriend. That's something I've gotten used to, and part of the appeal when buying a great looking car.

I can't see myself ever doing that with a 1 series, no matter how fantastic its performance.

Unless of course I was bulimic and wanted to purge my last meal.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:14 AM

Not a big 1 series fan but I think the hatch sold in Europe, Africa & Asia is superior to the ones in N. America

Old 04-21-2010, 06:00 AM

I could go either way with the actual look of the car, but the wheels on that test mule are amazing looking.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mother,Apr 21 2010, 04:43 AM
What makes you assume caring about how your car looks has to be about what other people think?

I'm sure every one of us here has had the experience before where when walking away from your vehicle something makes you take a quick glance over your shoulder just like you would when parting ways with your new girlfriend. That's something I've gotten used to, and part of the appeal when buying a great looking car.

I can't see myself ever doing that with a 1 series, no matter how fantastic its performance.

Unless of course I was bulimic and wanted to purge my last meal.
That is a fair question. He said "Glad to see." That is where I deduced my assumption. I feel the same way towards your Subaru. It is an ugly immature looking car. I would still love to drive one again because I can appreciate its performance. If the price was right I would own one and gladly look back at the badass car that I own even though its not in anyway pretty.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by JakeJewler,Apr 21 2010, 06:00 AM
Regardless of trim or performance? So I'm guessing a prerequisite for being an auto enthusiast is being an expect in high fashion and style. I'm glad you proved that you really care what other people think. If its your money, then who the F cares?
Of course I value the opinion of others - even yours - THATS WHY WE'RE HAVING A DISCUSSION ON AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD and thats why I am replying to your post. If I based everything on my own perceptions and interpretations without outside influence whats the point? Why even post in "car talk"?

We get it - you like the 1 series. Great. Some people agree with you.

I think its hideous - more people agree with me. Awesome!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Apr 20 2010, 06:06 PM
Does your sales sheet show you that the 1 series met its sales goal that BMW expected? I dont understand what you said. You state a fact and then argue against it. You said it never has and will compete yet its selling over 40k? I would agree that the 1series really does not have a direct competitor.
I said many were selling over $40k, but I did not elaborate on how well. In fact, my sample revealed the 1 series sold the fewest units out of all other models.

And stating the 1 series exceeded its sales goals is extremely subjective. If the goal is to sell a handful of units, then the product could be deemed a remarkable success. Exceeding a goal does not mean something is successful, popular, profitable, etc.. My sample revealed the 128i was actually a money loser while the 135i generated an average profit.

And if you would have noticed the conclusion was paying over $40,000 for an immature, unrefined car is moronic at best. Which is probably why it sells the least volume.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by OverBooster,Apr 21 2010, 11:41 AM
I said many were selling over $40k, but I did not elaborate on how well. In fact, my sample revealed the 1 series sold the fewest units out of all other models.

And stating the 1 series exceeded its sales goals is extremely subjective. If the goal is to sell a handful of units, then the product could be deemed a remarkable success. Exceeding a goal does not mean something is successful, popular, profitable, etc.. My sample revealed the 128i was actually a money loser while the 135i generated an average profit.

And if you would have noticed the conclusion was paying over $40,000 for an immature, unrefined car is moronic at best. Which is probably why it sells the least volume.
I'm sorry but you are lying or very misinformed. The 1 series is NOT BMW's least selling car volume wise in North America. I have the documents to prove it. In fact, I'm very good friends with a man that runs two dealerships in the state of Florida.

You dont have to post the alleged document but what exactly is the number? Please include year to date.

**I'm not even going to argue the "immature and unrefined" comment.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Since we're talking volume:

The 1 series has consistently outsold the Z4, X3, 6 series, and X6.

Not to mention it sells more than the MINI Cooper Conv and Clubman/S/Conv combined.

The numbers aren't subjective.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:24 PM

It scares me to know there are that many blind people on the road.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mother,Apr 21 2010, 12:24 PM
It scares me to know there are that many blind people on the road.

Quick Reply: BMW M1/1M hits the 'RING!