Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Chart of GM/Toyota Sales

Old 12-01-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chart of GM/Toyota Sales

Not sure where to post this, but does anybody know where I can get a chart (pie/bar/line) of say the entire sales for GM and Toyota narrowed down by models and makes.

Also I tried searching for a chart of "quality" between the two companies but was unsuccessful.

Lastly, I've been trying to locate some published articles for the longest times that believe that GM has way too many brands....

Anywho thanks in advance.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:57 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

You can get the numerical data and enter it yourself...
Old 12-02-2008, 06:43 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Isn't it Autoweek that posts most of the industry figures????
Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by vader1,Dec 2 2008, 07:43 AM
Isn't it Autoweek that posts most of the industry figures????
Thanks .. i'll look into that.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Toyota sales were UP 1.9% in Canada for November. They're having a record year there yet again.

Honda sales were up as well this year, as were a few others, I believe.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Dec 2 2008, 01:46 PM
Toyota sales were UP 1.9% in Canada for November. They're having a record year there yet again.

Honda sales were up as well this year, as were a few others, I believe.
You realize the Canadian market is TINY and Canadians buy predominately small cars which are very low profit for their manufacturers right?

GM's sales fell 41 percent, while Chrysler's dropped 47 percent. Their overseas rivals posted abysmal results Tuesday as well. Toyota's November U.S. sales tumbled 34 percent, while Nissan's dropped 42 percent and Honda's fell 32 percent.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081202/auto_sales.html
Old 12-02-2008, 03:27 PM

Actually guys .. let me rephrase a new question ... I'm having difficulty finding what EACH GM brand is targeting ..

As for example Toyota has Lexus (upper class), Scion (students and cheap, and Toyota (smack in the middle)

Can someone give me a link or something that tells in detail(s) what each of the GM brands target? Or rather, why do they have them ....

THANKS AGAIN
Old 12-02-2008, 03:51 PM

There isn't really, it's just a semi-random collection of brands they've bought over the years and decided to keep for what ever reason. For example, Buick. They make some decent cars and are the original brand of GM but at this point they should be killed immediately as no one who is not a retired pasty white bible thumper in their 80's will touch one with a ten foot pole. Which is a shame considering you can pick up a year old Lucerne CXL with low miles for like 18k (previous owner, 6 feet under). Which is quite a steal... you'd have trouble picking up a Civic EX for that little.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Anrosphynx,Dec 2 2008, 02:51 PM
You realize the Canadian market is TINY and Canadians buy predominately small cars which are very low profit for their manufacturers right?

GM's sales fell 41 percent, while Chrysler's dropped 47 percent. Their overseas rivals posted abysmal results Tuesday as well. Toyota's November U.S. sales tumbled 34 percent, while Nissan's dropped 42 percent and Honda's fell 32 percent.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081202/auto_sales.html
To be correct, Canadians buy more smaller cars as a percentage of their population than Americans do.

Predominantly they still purchase more mid size, full size, pickup trucks and SUV's than they do economy or small cars.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Malloric,Dec 2 2008, 04:51 PM
There isn't really, it's just a semi-random collection of brands they've bought over the years and decided to keep for what ever reason. For example, Buick. They make some decent cars and are the original brand of GM but at this point they should be killed immediately as no one who is not a retired pasty white bible thumper in their 80's will touch one with a ten foot pole. Which is a shame considering you can pick up a year old Lucerne CXL with low miles for like 18k (previous owner, 6 feet under). Which is quite a steal... you'd have trouble picking up a Civic EX for that little.
Buick also happens to be the top selling brand under the GM umbrella.
Killing Buick off would be retarded.
These figures are all easily obtainable. Take two minutes and research before posting.

And by the way, in the last JD Power ratings, that crappy Buick happened to score better than Honda.

Quick Reply: Chart of GM/Toyota Sales