Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Clarksn review, Civic Type R

Old 12-14-2016, 11:13 AM
CMK

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Call it "damning it with faint praise." Slightly better than hot garbage is still garbage.

Although I didn't realize until just now that it has three exhaust outlets.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:49 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Clarkson is a dunce. Luddite that's made a career out of meandering aimlessly between absurd contradictions.

He's Trump without being composed solely of Cheeto dust.

Last edited by TsukubaCody; 12-14-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
Clarkson is a dunce. Luddite that's made a career out of meandering aimlessly between absurd contradictions.

He's Trump without being composed solely of Cheeto dust.
It must be just sheer luck then that these two dunces are wildly (and I mean WILDLY) more successful than the average person taking shots at them on S2ki.
The following users liked this post:
WolfpackS2k (12-15-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by vader1
It must be just sheer luck then that these two dunces are wildly (and I mean WILDLY) more successful than the average person taking shots at them on S2ki.
I'm sure both being born into significant amounts of wealth has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Firebase (12-14-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
I'm sure both being born into significant amounts of wealth has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Sure, they have nothing going for them outside of a head start. It is just sad in the car board when you get the comedians who try every punchline as "George Bush" or "Donald Trump" as if it is witty or somehow relevant to anything except that their political bent is not getting advanced at present.

"Blah blah blabity blah GEORGE BUSH!!!!" (insert laugh track at gut busting hilarity) Oh, the next several years of the same but with "Donald Trump!" is sure to produce many a knee slapper. It is such creative comedy. And so original too.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:49 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

What I admire most of Clarkson is that he is a car guy doing a superbly fun car oriented job, what I admire most of Honda with their Civic type R is that they are trying to get their mojo back.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by hirev
What I admire most of Clarkson is that he is a car guy doing a superbly fun car oriented job, what I admire most of Honda with their Civic type R is that they are trying to get their mojo back.
I agree with your points but I really wish Honda would take the Type R as a base car/platform and make a tasteful looking sports coupe for Acura again like the RSX. And I know tasteful looking and Acura have not gone hand in hand in recent years with the front beak and all.
WolfpackS2k (12-15-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by vader1
Sure, they have nothing going for them outside of a head start. It is just sad in the car board when you get the comedians who try every punchline as "George Bush" or "Donald Trump" as if it is witty or somehow relevant to anything except that their political bent is not getting advanced at present.

"Blah blah blabity blah GEORGE BUSH!!!!" (insert laugh track at gut busting hilarity) Oh, the next several years of the same but with "Donald Trump!" is sure to produce many a knee slapper. It is such creative comedy. And so original too.
Clarkson & Trump are both confrontational pricks who speak out on topics they have little/no understanding in, consistently contradict themselves (occasionally in the same outburst), showcase a hate/distaste/fear of skin colors/cultures they do not understand and have never done an honest day's work in their lives. I'm not trying to be funny, I see legitimate parallels between the two.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Clarkson is truly witty and funny. Trump is...well he's not.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:21 PM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

So I don't have to remove off topic posts, let's get back on topic, and talk about how lame the Civic is.

Honda will sell this in small enough numbers that it will be able to call it a success, but I just find it uncompetitive and, being fwd, not worth the money.

Quick Reply: Clarksn review, Civic Type R