Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford Mustang GT350

Old 05-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah the voodoo engine definitely makes it more special and unique! Once they are available below msrp I'll probably get one.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:21 AM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Well tech package gt350s are all over auto trader at msrp, but considering the base price is going up to account for the track pack being stock, it's priced outside my reach. I don't see these cars appreciating anytime soon so maybe I'll sign one used. A base 2017 is all I need.
Meanwhile a gt like Moddiction is what I'm mulling over only I want the recaros and nickel rims, just waiting to see if a dealer stocks one in silver and is willing to deal on it.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:18 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1463601744' post='23970466
A reg gt with performance package is 35 and change, the Shelby base is pretty much a track pack because its own track pack has even more stuff, granted the standard cloth seat is the optional recaro, but the Shelby starts at 49, so of its 40 42 base that should work out, and keep in mind it won't have the flared body panels.

I got my base 16 GT with performance pack for 32.8k out the door brand new. I've really been considering the upgrade to GT350 but the price difference there are a ton of mods I can do. I think a centri blower would be great on this high revving engine!

I think i paid about the same for my 2015 GT with just the performance package. If you find a high volume dealer like in Atlanta they were selling the same car for $29,999. I found out after i bought mine. doh. I did the true car thing to make mine an easy purchase at a decent price. I think i traded it 3 weeks later for $27k. :fail:
The following users liked this post:
muggzy (04-16-2017)
Old 05-19-2016, 05:25 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1463513702' post='23969318
I want one in the worst way.
You and me both. I'm getting awfully tempted. I need to finish remodeling the house and it might be game on. I'd take this thing over anything under 150k due to that motor. At MSRP it is worth every cent.
You'd rather have a GT350 than a 991 GT3 or a Viper ACR?
Old 05-19-2016, 05:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know about Tommy but I'd take one over the Viper all day long and pocket the remaining cash. 991 GT3? Hell no. Porsche no question even with forced PDK.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by honda606
I don't know about Tommy but I'd take one over the Viper all day long and pocket the remaining cash. 991 GT3? Hell no. Porsche no question even with forced PDK.
For a track car you'd have to be crazy to take the GT350/R over the ACR. I think it's funny when the whole world loses it's mind when the R35 GT-R was 3,800 lbs but it's A OK in a Mustang. 3,800 pounds is hefty for a RWD sports car.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Scot
Originally Posted by Moddiction' timestamp='1463603809' post='23970508
[quote name='TheDonEffect' timestamp='1463601744' post='23970466']
A reg gt with performance package is 35 and change, the Shelby base is pretty much a track pack because its own track pack has even more stuff, granted the standard cloth seat is the optional recaro, but the Shelby starts at 49, so of its 40 42 base that should work out, and keep in mind it won't have the flared body panels.

I got my base 16 GT with performance pack for 32.8k out the door brand new. I've really been considering the upgrade to GT350 but the price difference there are a ton of mods I can do. I think a centri blower would be great on this high revving engine!

I think i paid about the same for my 2015 GT with just the performance package. If you find a high volume dealer like in Atlanta they were selling the same car for $29,999. I found out after i bought mine. doh. I did the true car thing to make mine an easy purchase at a decent price. I think i traded it 3 weeks later for $27k. :fail:
[/quote]

Not a fan of it? I've been really enjoying it. Did sway bars, springs, cradle lock kit and koni yellows are going on very soon. Intake exhaust and tune really woke up the engine as well.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:04 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Originally Posted by honda606' timestamp='1463665851' post='23971071
For a track car you'd have to be crazy to take the GT350/R over the ACR. I think it's funny when the whole world loses it's mind when the R35 GT-R was 3,800 lbs but it's A OK in a Mustang. 3,800 pounds is hefty for a RWD sports car.
Agree with you on all points.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:26 AM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Originally Posted by honda606' timestamp='1463665851' post='23971071
I think it's A OK in either case. I think some people are completely delusional at the track. If it's heavier but it still handles and puts the power down to the ground then what do I care about how much it weighs? Track is for fun, having a great time, enjoying yourself, and working on your lines and braking points. Nobody is getting paid at a track day except the people putting it on. So while your lap times are a neat thing you aren't getting paid for them. Maybe my take is different but I want something that works well at the track and well on the street. It will get driven for more on the street than on the track.

So A OK on the R35 and the 350. Interesting comparison because I think these exact two cars are the best bang for the buck performance cars I have ever seen in my lifetime. One is literally a supercar,M that has been revised every model year. The other is a pure muscle car, but handles quite well, has excellent brakes, good rack, so,I'd chassis, and the most marvelous motor on the market. F the weight. Weight is one component. You have to look at the entire package. If the entire package is solid then the weight is not such a big deal. It's fodder for Internet forums.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1463666220' post='23971075
[quote name='honda606' timestamp='1463665851' post='23971071']
I think it's A OK in either case. I think some people are completely delusional at the track. If it's heavier but it still handles and puts the power down to the ground then what do I care about how much it weighs? Track is for fun, having a great time, enjoying yourself, and working on your lines and braking points. Nobody is getting paid at a track day except the people putting it on. So while your lap times are a neat thing you aren't getting paid for them. Maybe my take is different but I want something that works well at the track and well on the street. It will get driven for more on the street than on the track.

So A OK on the R35 and the 350. Interesting comparison because I think these exact two cars are the best bang for the buck performance cars I have ever seen in my lifetime. One is literally a supercar,M that has been revised every model year. The other is a pure muscle car, but handles quite well, has excellent brakes, good rack, so,I'd chassis, and the most marvelous motor on the market. F the weight. Weight is one component. You have to look at the entire package. If the entire package is solid then the weight is not such a big deal. It's fodder for Internet forums.
[/quote]

It's not just about lap times. Heavy cars eat consumables at the track which are expensive. Tires, brakes, fluids all need to be changed much more frequently and cars this big and powerful use expensive parts. Also while the lap times can be fast they are not as enjoyable, you can feel the weight in every corner with the car fighting you. The only place you can really get away with the weight is acceleration because the cars have so much power and torque now.

I owned a R35 GT-R for almost two years, it got really old for track work pretty fast even though it ran some decent times.

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang GT350