Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

get a evo VII our S2000

Old 01-07-2002, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GTRPower
[B]As usual, the ones who can't back up their information allow the debate to degenerate into a name calling contest.

I've provided proof and points that "nine grand" can't refute.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:22 AM

The two are NOT "a shadow of each other". You haven't even driven these cars, what is your basis of comparison?

Before you shoot your mouth off again, you may want to actually drive the cars. These are not exotic cars as you claim them to be. These are priced at the same level as the S2000 in the country where I tested them.

A STi is a WRX variant, a WRX is NOT an STi variant. These are not the same cars, a point you have continued to cloud in a poor attempt to strengthen your desperate argument.

Why don't you tell us why you think they are alike? I guess it's because they aren't.

Originally posted by nine grand

... Are your still trying to tell me that the EVO series cars and the STI edition cars are not comparable? I'm not asking which is better, but that the two are not a shadow of each other? You seem to be the type of character who likes to run all over the net showing everyone how well rounded you are when it comes to tech. specs. on cars that are not in your possesion, so tell me how the WRX and EVO are not in direct competition with each other. This is my point and the motive behind my original suggestion. So go ahead refute my point "GTRpower".
Old 01-08-2002, 08:44 AM

OK
So a EVOVII is more comparable to what? A Murcielago? What the hell are you talking about?! Your just prolonging the argument! BOTH cars are AWD, turbo-charged, four door five passenger sedans with rally intent behind the design. THEY ARE IN DIRECT COMPETITION!!!!! Whether on the street or on the rally course they are designed to wage battle with each other. Nothing you can say can change this FACT. I don't care how many cars you think you have driven the automobile industry comes down to one thing, MONEY! This is a business. Subaru and Mitsubishi both recognize that there was and is a niche market for this type of car. Maybe you should consider picking up a pair of binoculars so you will be able to see the street from atop that pedestal of yours. If one had not been created then the other would not exist either. THAT IS COMPETITION. So go ahead, keep telling me that they're not comparable. You are truly foolish to keep arguing your ridiculous standpoint. And when I actually believe that you have driven both of these cars I might consider taking you slightest bit seriously.
Old 01-08-2002, 09:20 AM

GTRpower is taking this very seriously, I think you're getting a little too technical for what this guy needs. He's not gonna be lapping nurburing everyday, he's gonna be driving to work. I still say buy the s2k! You won't go wrong!
Old 01-08-2002, 09:28 AM

May be offtopic but I think Lancer EVO VII or the older EVOs are in direct competition
with the WRX STI cars. I know GTR come to HK often and next time when U come back.
Ask anybody who drive a EVO or STI they will tell you which car they will choose to street
race. (Evo driver likes to chase STI and Sti drivers like to chase EVO,too)

If those two cars are not comparable I don't know what two car are comparable
and near in the same class. OF course we know EVO have a slight advantage over
STI in stock form.

Once mits come out with a newer version of the EVO XXX, WRX will get a newer version
to compete with it. Agreed?
Even both car companies know they are in direct competition for sales.
Old 01-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Ice

I have to agree with GTRPower, you cannot compare a WRX to an EVO VII. WRX STi is a better comparison, although the European version is still lacking power (240 hp, EVO VII 280 hp).
Also why compare a EVO VII to a S2000?
I would've bought the EVO VII, but I really wanted a convertible. The transmission of the EVO VII is not as fast as it should be. STi's transmission is better.
What really impressed me are the curvespeeds the EVO VII is capable of.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:55 PM

wileecoyote-

Our dear friend "nine grand" is telling someone that the base WRX (not the STi) is comparable to the EVO VII.

I have some friends in HK that have both... and we play with them all the time, along with the other cars we toy around in. You and I both know HK is a slow place for car enthusiasts...

The EVO VII and STi are comparable. The WRX, on the other hand, is about 50 HP down on power right from the start, and has poorer braking capabilities. And, if the EVO VII has the optional titanium bladed turbo, the performance is even farther apart.

nine grand-

You can doubt all you want about what cars I've driven.

Quite frankly, it's not my problem. For a review on the STi that I did in April-

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...ghlight=WRX+STi

xpander4-

I agree that the differences are more performance oriented that anything else- however, "nine grand" insinuated that the WRX and the EVO VII were of similar capabilities, which I have refuted to no end in this retarded thread...
Old 01-08-2002, 03:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nine grand
[B] THEY ARE IN DIRECT COMPETITION!!!!! Whether on the street or on the rally course they are designed to wage battle with each other. Nothing you can say can change this FACT.
Old 01-08-2002, 04:15 PM

nine grand... at the risk of being sucked into this pointless debate, I'd like to point out something.

You stated that it's fair to compare the WRX to what the EvoVII will be like (even though we don't yet know what that will be.) You then went on in a later post to try and back that claim up by saying that they are both turbo, both awd, and both 4-door sedans.

I'd just like to point out how weak of an argument that is... That statement would be the same as saying - "If you want to know what an S2000 is like, just drive a Z3 3.0. They are both front engine, rear drive roadsters."

You just need to relax a little... we're talking about a car that doesn't even exist yet. Nick has provided nothing but facts and real-world experiences. Granted he did so in an adversarial way - but being the bigger man means *not* posting something like "someone needs their lollipop" as you posted. Each of your posts has clearly been intended to illicit a response from Nick, which he's unfortunately all too glad to give. Give it a rest, and *be* the bigger man and let it go.

To the original poster, get the S2000... the evo will be fun, but not have the quality fit/finish of the S2000. Just get in an Eclipse GSX. Can you say plasticy? The S2000 is more refined and top down driving is a joy!
Old 01-08-2002, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by GTRPower

a space shuttle compared to a glider.
The space shuttle IS a glider.

Quick Reply: get a evo VII our S2000