Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

GT4 players

Old 02-28-2005, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4 players

gt4 envy has infested me

overall the game is nothing extremely special unless you are a car fanatic like me. but if u liked the other ones u will love this. there is plenty of new things to do. i started with 110,000 transferred credits so i got to jump right into an amuse street s2000! ahh sweet ass ride.. even comes with the ce28n's!! i feel bad if u had to start with a used car.. u should have played gt3! anyways i've got about 50 cars already.. theres so many crazy cars in this shit. i have a nike prototype from 2022 that i can't even use for races. what the hell. i guess the fastest cars i have now are the caddy cein and the ford gt (man the ford gt is nice in this game.. nice). i haven't really concentrated on supercars yet i'm trying to get all the japanese sports cars and 'tuner village' cars. anyways heres a hint in case u are having trouble finding a money maker in the game...

get a decent car (at least 350 hp and good handling) and play the special condition events races. the first rally on the list will give u the v12 cadillac cein and the second rally down on the list will give u a toyota race car that is alright for dirt and snow but ultimately is a great car to sell as it will yield you 265,000 credits. u have to clear the results for the races in order to replay them and win the prize car over and over again but it is such a quick way to make money. also the cein is great car to use to cream the competion in the second rally.

anybody else here playin this game? let me know what u guys think of it and post any tips or cool things u have found in the game. peace brethren.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:13 PM

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Hey... i got this game the day it came out.. I LOVE IT!!!... i like the new driving sim, not too much different, but diff enough. Anyways..

IF you need money, save up and buy the AUDI TT TOURING CAR - 450,000 i think. Go to the European events and race the German Touring car race. Save up about 550,000 so you can get the big turbo and rigidity. youll need it.

While racing this.. Race in B spec mode, put it on "push" and "overtake".. Soon as the car gets itself into first place put it on "fast" and off of overtake.

After youve done this, Press R1 to get to the "race monitor" and then hold L1 while pushing right twice on the D pad. This accelerates the simulation rate 3 Times.. You should see a 1 then 2 then 3 at the top section of the screen. DO NOT try to hit R1 and get back into watching the race because it automatically puts it back to normal simulation rate. SO just stay at race monitor.

Doing this, you can race 6 lap races in about 2 minutes. Since this is a 5 race series.. you only have to race 4 if you place 1st in all of them because of the points. After the 4th race, proceed to the 5th race.. go into A spec mode and as soon as the race starts.. just hit start and exit.

You win 75k.. and then 15k per race. AND THEN> you win a MB CLK GTR race car.. worth 743k to sell!!.. you can do this whole process in under 15 mins.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dizings2k,Feb 28 2005, 05:13 PM
Hey... i got this game the day it came out.. I LOVE IT!!!... i like the new driving sim, not too much different, but diff enough. Anyways..

IF you need money, save up and buy the AUDI TT TOURING CAR - 450,000 i think. Go to the European events and race the German Touring car race. Save up about 550,000 so you can get the big turbo and rigidity. youll need it.

While racing this.. Race in B spec mode, put it on "push" and "overtake".. Soon as the car gets itself into first place put it on "fast" and off of overtake.

After youve done this, Press R1 to get to the "race monitor" and then hold L1 while pushing right twice on the D pad. This accelerates the simulation rate 3 Times.. You should see a 1 then 2 then 3 at the top section of the screen. DO NOT try to hit R1 and get back into watching the race because it automatically puts it back to normal simulation rate. SO just stay at race monitor.

Doing this, you can race 6 lap races in about 2 minutes. Since this is a 5 race series.. you only have to race 4 if you place 1st in all of them because of the points. After the 4th race, proceed to the 5th race.. go into A spec mode and as soon as the race starts.. just hit start and exit.

You win 75k.. and then 15k per race. AND THEN> you win a MB CLK GTR race car.. worth 743k to sell!!.. you can do this whole process in under 15 mins.
sweeeet thanks.. i've been messing with the b-spec mode for a while and at first i got sooo annoyed the driver seemed like a complete waste of a driver he couldn't pass anything and i've put him in easy races and in all different cars.. races i've driven and lapped cars! i've kind of gotten used to when to tell him to push and overtake and when not too but he still can't drive for shit on some courses.. even when he gets way out in the lead and i tell him to 'cruise' or 'steady' he will run straight into walls and completely stop and get passed!?! and once that happens its impossible to catch back up.. i don't know how a-spec points and b-spec skill work but i guess the more practice u give your b-spec driver the better he will get? he doesn't seem to want to open the cars up at all.. i drive 200000x more aggressive than the ai. i wish they would have spent more time making the ai better.. its still pretty lame the way the other cars don't even try to avoid running into you to stay on their perfect lines too.. i wonder if the b-spec skill is related to your highest a-spec skill if its by each individual course or if its just overall driving skills. anyways thanks again for the tip about the euro races.. i'm definetely gonna check that out when i get home from work!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the B-spec money tip. So far I've resisted importing my GT3 status so I'm still wrestling with the Lupo and some other crappy cars in the beginner races, scratching for cash. I'm using my GT3 Logitech wheel and pedals. And I'm leaving it on manual shift. It is MUCH easier to race with the stock hand controller and auto tranny but where's the challenge in that?

You're right, nothing revolutionary here, maybe better drifting physics on dirt and snow? But I'm a Gran Turismo fan so I waited a long time for this one. I like having the new tracks -- never ran a sim on Infineon Raceway before.

Nurburgring is simulated well but the overall graphics run smoother and more film-like on XBox's PGR2 (comparing HDTV to HDTV component video, even bumping PS2 to 1080i). I notice slightly different sightlines too, like they digitized the track at a different elevation (shorter car?).
Old 03-01-2005, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Overall it's an awesome game, but the graphics aren't as good as I though they'd be. The cars look slick, but everything but the backgrounds flicker like confetti--no big deal except when it interferes with trying to figure out which direction the track is going.

Burnout 3 on the Xbox is WAAAYYYY Smoother. I guess we'll have to wait 3 or 4 years for GT5 on the PS3.

Other gripes--who the ffck selected the terrible soundtrack? Jesus Christ it's horrible. And even though you can turn most of the music off--you still get stuck being assaulted by some of it (like when you finish a license test). Sounds like Paul Schaeffer on a $45 casio keyboard.

And what's with all the cars you can't sell? The nike one? Or how about that smokin' 00 Mazda6 Concept? WTF? The difficult challenges (like pop ups and jaggies) I can excuse--but there's some retarded stuff like I've mentioned that should and could have been easily avoided.

But with all these gripes, it's still an awesome game that can teach you a hell of a lot about driving techniques. It's to a track day fiend what a flight simulator is to a pilot.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nobody,Mar 1 2005, 02:30 PM
Overall it's an awesome game, but the graphics aren't as good as I though they'd be. The cars look slick, but everything but the backgrounds flicker like confetti--no big deal except when it interferes with trying to figure out which direction the track is going.

Burnout 3 on the Xbox is WAAAYYYY Smoother. I guess we'll have to wait 3 or 4 years for GT5 on the PS3.

Other gripes--who the ffck selected the terrible soundtrack? Jesus Christ it's horrible. And even though you can turn most of the music off--you still get stuck being assaulted by some of it (like when you finish a license test). Sounds like Paul Schaeffer on a $45 casio keyboard.

And what's with all the cars you can't sell? The nike one? Or how about that smokin' 00 Mazda6 Concept? WTF? The difficult challenges (like pop ups and jaggies) I can excuse--but there's some retarded stuff like I've mentioned that should and could have been easily avoided.

But with all these gripes, it's still an awesome game that can teach you a hell of a lot about driving techniques. It's to a track day fiend what a flight simulator is to a pilot.
hahaha the music is terrible.. i only like one song on the list.. the roots. and the menus are pretty bad too but i think the music that plays when u fail a liscense test is pretty clever. i think i heard it in ferris bueller. hahaha. i really hate that u have to keep some cars like all the 'prototypes' too its stupid that they can't just give them monetary values like the previous games. not only can u not make money from them they clutter up my garage too. i hope i can trade them to someone else's memory card or something.. i think i have about 4 different mazda 6 variations that i can't sell.. i hate the mazda 6.

the best thing about this game is definetely the realism of the driving physics. cars are much more quirky about gripping the road and taking turns. going from a fwd to a rwd requires a whole new driving approach just like real life! i love it cause most people suck at the game and can't figure out why the car won't turn like they want it to.. great advantage for knowledgeable drivers like myself. i used to hate the guy who just rode the wall and beat me anyway.

ps2 is definetely showing its age tho graphically. i can't wait for the next generation of consoles.. the specs for the new 'cell' processor from sony have been released and they are talking about pushing crazy numbers. i think the clock speed is in the area of 4ghz and is capable of 256gflops. that is nice processing power. gt5 will be a whole new monster.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:17 PM

do they have anything similar to the Escudo PPV? Rally in GT3 was really easy so i beat that real quick with the 1060 hp Skyline and got this car, and did MANY of the regular series races with it. Also, do they have F1 cars? Like the F090/S in GT3, that car's sick too, beat many races with that.
-Chris
Old 03-02-2005, 05:49 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nobody,Mar 1 2005, 05:30 PM
Sounds like Paul Schaeffer on a $45 casio keyboard.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:34 PM

Does anyone know how the bspec skill points work??
Old 03-02-2005, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nobody,Mar 1 2005, 02:30 PM
Hell yes the soundtrack blows!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't stand it. I thought gt3 was kinda bad. But this is much much worse. I just turn it off and play my ipod.

And why couldn't they leave Moon over the Castle (GT theme song) in the US game for once?? I mean they have a classical version in the beginning, but that's it. Booo.

Otherwise though, an awesome game!!

Quick Reply: GT4 players