Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

home made lamborghini

Old 05-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deathsled,Apr 30 2010, 01:33 PM
Impressive.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that's ghey.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 AM

lol
Old 05-03-2010, 08:11 AM

I admire the creator's attempt at creating a replica Lambo - the only reason why i found this "newsworthy" is that it doesn't really look much like a Lambo at all.... and yet, it's still considered a "replica".

That's what made me laugh.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:08 PM

yeah, how the hell can you even think of lambo when you see that thing? because it has vertical doors? christ! if that's the case, every douchy kid who buys a lambo door kit for his civic suddenly has a lambo replica.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by AP2 S2K,Apr 30 2010, 12:22 PM
its an 8bit lambo!

if you squint really really hard....
Old 05-03-2010, 01:19 PM

The guy built a car complete from scratch. What have we done lately?

The car doesn't look like a Lambo and the builder doesn't claim it to be a replica of one. It's just a cool homebuilt kit car that he built for $3,000. We spend more than that on wheels that we had nothing to do with on design or construction, slap them on our cars, and proudly post pictures on the gallery where we get nothing but compliments (mostly). Nothing wrong with that (I'm in that group), but how does that makes us bigger enthusiasts? Can we really make fun of this guy? He's more gearhead than 99% of the people in here.

The whole "Lambo" replica spin was put by the journalist for shock value (if you can call someone that writes with run-on sentences and lack of capitalization a "journalist"), who probably has done little more in his life than write elementary school level online blogs criticizing other with more talent than him.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:44 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by X4DLuvOfSpeedX,May 3 2010, 03:19 PM
The guy built a car complete from scratch. What have we done lately?

The car doesn't look like a Lambo and the builder doesn't claim it to be a replica of one. It's just a cool homebuilt kit car that he built for $3,000. We spend more than that on wheels that we had nothing to do with on design or construction, slap them on our cars, and proudly post pictures on the gallery where we get nothing but compliments (mostly). Nothing wrong with that (I'm in that group), but how does that makes us bigger enthusiasts? Can we really make fun of this guy? He's more gearhead than 99% of the people in here.

The whole "Lambo" replica spin was put by the journalist for shock value (if you can call someone that writes with run-on sentences and lack of capitalization a "journalist"), who probably has done little more in his life than write elementary school level online blogs criticizing other with more talent than him.
I've designed a new pumping unit to replace one that hadn't been significantly updated in 50 years because "it couldn't be done" without costing a ton of money.

I've designed and built FSAE cars.

I've changed the oil in my lawn mower.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Building a car that looks like crap for cheap is hardly an accomplishment. If that is worthy of congratulations, I'm going to uglify everything I own and make it nearly useless. I can do it for a lot less than $3000 as well.

I can absolutely make fun of someone that makes a piece of junk with no aesthetic or performance appeal. It's slow, I guarantee it doesn't handle well, it looks ugly, and its only redeeming quality is that it'll stay in China instead of coming over here and cutting a pedestrian in half.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,May 3 2010, 06:44 PM
Building a car that looks like crap for cheap is hardly an accomplishment. If that is worthy of congratulations, I'm going to uglify everything I own and make it nearly useless. I can do it for a lot less than $3000 as well.

I can absolutely make fun of someone that makes a piece of junk with no aesthetic or performance appeal. It's slow, I guarantee it doesn't handle well, it looks ugly, and its only redeeming quality is that it'll stay in China instead of coming over here and cutting a pedestrian in half.
100%

if i didn't do anything but sit on the couch for the last month and watch tv i'd feel more accomplished than if i built that piece of sh!t. at least i wouldn't have wasted $3000 on scrap metal.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,May 3 2010, 05:44 PM
I've designed a new pumping unit to replace one that hadn't been significantly updated in 50 years because "it couldn't be done" without costing a ton of money.

I've designed and built FSAE cars.

I've changed the oil in my lawn mower.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Good for you. You obviously do a lot more than buy pretty wheels and fall in the other 1%. My comments obviously don't apply to you. Get your panties out of a bunch.

Quick Reply: home made lamborghini