Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda Fit sucks

Old 08-02-2006, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with no problems found with cars bound for the U.S. or other overseas markets.
Um... this doesn't affect us.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Saint_Spinner,Aug 1 2006, 09:04 AM
Except if your from Okinawa.
You beat me to it
Old 08-03-2006, 07:21 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002S2K,Aug 2 2006, 03:14 PM

Tundra - to tow our boat and for my real estate business stuff...

I am also considering a new Liberty instead of the Tundra , we have one now and like it, the new one ups the towing capacity which would be cool too...
If you need to tow less than 2700 lbs (my boat is only 2000 lbs) look at an Outback Turbo.

Can be had with five speed, decent capacity for stuff inside, tows 2000 lbs, better milage than what you mentioned, 5.5 seconds to sixty with availible five speed and AWD. Its fun.

I checked out Liberty articles and it was either C&D or Edmunds who claimed that they have never done better than 16 in a Liberty and that includes the Diesel. Yikes. Thats too low for such a small, slow car.

By the way, just to stay on topic, CNN Money has an article about the recall of another 1.2 million vehicle for fire danger.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:30 AM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX,Aug 2 2006, 05:10 PM
Holy smokes 13 mpg ! Hell I think the smart thing to do would be to get rid of the gas guzzler now and get Civic or Fit then when gas goes to 4 or 5 or 6 dollars a gallon they will be giving those 4x4's away for almost nothing!! Replace the 4wd then. Dealer lots are full of em now!
It's been paid off for a while and he likes the ride and versatility of it. He just got new shocks and new Michelins with 55k miles. It really is the nicest riding 'truck' I've ever been in.

I agree the mileage blows, but I guess the pros outweigh the cons for him.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

egads, I knew someone that lost their house to the F-150 spontaneous combustion. Not funny at all.

I saw a Dodge Ram catch fire across the street from my office one day. At first I thought someone was smoking, then I noticed there was no one in the truck. I called the fire dept, they were there in about three minutes but by that time the whole truck was toast. That is some seriously scary shit.

I like the Fit though, I wouldn't mind having a slammed Fit with dark window tint as a beater. Don't have any more garage space though.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:04 PM

Well our boat weighs in around 3500 or so and then the trailer is 1200 so I need to have 5000 or more...

I will also look into the Yaris, but it almost makes the Fit look big. I do want the economy, but am concerned with safety as well. I think we may go with the Civic Coupe over the Fit due to higher mpg and higher safety ratings, it just doesn't have the cool versatility of the Fit...we are going to test drive this weekend, I will post my reviews then.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Aug 3 2006, 08:30 AM
It's been paid off for a while and he likes the ride and versatility of it. He just got new shocks and new Michelins with 55k miles. It really is the nicest riding 'truck' I've ever been in.

I agree the mileage blows, but I guess the pros outweigh the cons for him.
New shocks? How old is this vehicle ? My 91 Nissan truck went TWELVE years before it needed shocks ! Another reminder why I do not buy GM
I see these people at the gas station with the Big suvs and wonder "Do these people have as much money as Bill Gates or Warren Buffet?" I do not see how they afford this ! I have filled the Civic twice and the S2k once for a grand total of 94 bucks in the last two weeks . Holy smokes the Insight is looking real good to me right now.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002S2K,Aug 3 2006, 05:04 PM
I will also look into the Yaris, but it almost makes the Fit look big. I do want the economy, but am concerned with safety as well. I think we may go with the Civic Coupe over the Fit due to higher mpg and higher safety ratings, it just doesn't have the cool versatility of the Fit...we are going to test drive this weekend, I will post my reviews then.
Believe it or not, the Fit has a bigger interior space than the new Civics. Are you sure about the safety ratings? It comes with side curtain airbags standard, and rated 5 stars by the NHTSA. Also, the Yaris is EXTREMELY slow, which does not justify the 40 mpg.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/awards...lName=Fit&Num=0

My brother has a Fit. It may have an outdated engine, but it has more versatile and practical than a Civic IMO.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Aug 1 2006, 08:39 AM
That's it - I'm selling my Honda. I suggest you do the same. I'm going to buy a properly lubed Chevy Impala.
Well it looks like with even a recall it beats your Impala
Honda Jazz crowned Most Reliable Car
Old 08-04-2006, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lice Locket,Aug 4 2006, 01:20 AM
Are you sure about the safety ratings? It comes with side curtain airbags standard, and rated 5 stars by the NHTSA. Also, the Yaris is EXTREMELY slow, which does not justify the 40 mpg.
NHSTA Safety Ratings:

Front Driver / Front Passenger/ Front Side / Rear Side / rollover

FIT:
5/5/5/3/4

CIVIC:
5/5/4/5/4

So technically, according to the scores the Civic is a safer car. Sorta. But overall, both cars are safe cars, especially for their class.

About the Yaris. It has around the same power/weight ratio as the Fit. I thought the Yaris LB 5MT was just as slow as the Fit Sport 5MT.

Quick Reply: Honda Fit sucks