Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Hungarian F1

Old 08-06-2006, 11:17 AM

Received 81 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by candyass,Aug 6 2006, 10:40 AM
You should take it out of the title, thanks for ruining the race for me.
The thread starter just ruined the race for me also. I was avoiding all forums discussing F1 this morning in case some dumb ass had created this kind of thread title. I didn't expect something to show up on Car Talk.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess the full size wind tunnel has already payed off.

Button!!! Marco, the day has come. Enjoy it!
Old 08-06-2006, 11:34 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waltk88,Aug 6 2006, 02:17 PM
The thread starter just ruined the race for me also. I was avoiding all forums discussing F1 this morning in case some dumb ass had created this kind of thread title. I didn't expect something to show up on Car Talk.
Thanks for calling me a dumbass

Topic changed again.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:47 AM

Received 81 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by bkw,Aug 6 2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks for calling me a dumbass

Topic changed again.
I apologize. It was an emotional response. I was looking forward to the race all weekend, after watching practice and qualifying.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:53 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no worries, it was my bad.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oshp515,Aug 6 2006, 07:59 AM
what the PHUCK are you smoking??!! rewatch the race....slower car???
I've been a F1 fan for years, and yes I watched the race.. but more importantly I watched practice and Qualifying. The reason Michael was losing so much ground was because he was on the same intermediate tires forever. I love Honda F1. For the most part I'm realistic to see the race for what it was, brilliant strategy, one hell of a drive by Jenson, some reliability and a little luck. I'm about the biggest Honda F1 fan there is, but this year Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes have better pace. Once the conditions dried up a little.. if you had your live timing up you'll notice that when Massa switched to dry tires, He did a lap about 2 seconds faster than Button's best. Now, oshp515 why don't you go back and re-watch the race, season and about 20 years of F1 and then we can discuss this on a level playing field
Old 08-06-2006, 02:05 PM

I loved the race too. It was nice to see Button get his first win in 113 starts. More improtantly, Honda has made great strides since France this year, and now that Rubino is getting used to the car, they are really looking better. It was also nice to see quick Nick on the podium for BMW.

However, I have to agree that while Honda is much improved, Ferrari is really setting the pace along with Renault. Today's race was clearly determined by the rain, with Michelin having the edge with their intermediate tires. As mentioned above, once Massa had dry tires, the times plummeted. I was stunned that Schui did note switch out his tires once Alonso was out- this really seemd like an error on all accounts. It ultimately lead to his contact with Heidfeld and the loss of a chance to close the gap on Alonso.

Also, lets not forget the fact that Button's Honda blew up quite dramatically in practice, with bits of metal (?pistons and rods) getting thrown out the back. Yikes.

Nevertheless, it has been a long wait, and hats off to Button and Honda!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:02 PM

It was a fluke victory but a victory nonetheless.

I don't understand how some of you guys get damn panties when it has taken Honda 8 FVCKING YEARS TO GET 1 VICTORY ! Plus a whopping 2 Pole Positions in all that time.

For a company that did so well during the Senna era this is pretty sad. Fire the staff and bring in people who can win.

EIGHT FVCKING YEARS AND ONLY ONE VICTORY AND 2 POLES, HOW SAD .

NOW WHAT ANOTHER EIGHT BEFORE THE NEXT ?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WFO Racer,Aug 7 2006, 02:02 AM
It was a fluke victory but a victory nonetheless.

I don't understand how some of you guys get damn panties when it has taken Honda 8 FVCKING YEARS TO GET 1 VICTORY ! Plus a whopping 2 Pole Positions in all that time.

For a company that did so well during the Senna era this is pretty sad. Fire the staff and bring in people who can win.

EIGHT FVCKING YEARS AND ONLY ONE VICTORY AND 2 POLES, HOW SAD .

NOW WHAT ANOTHER EIGHT BEFORE THE NEXT ?
-only 6 years, but in reality this is 1st year of 100% honda control, previously they were just an engine supplier then in 2005 took 45% ownership and included tranny work. Therefore in all reality, they got their 1st win 13 races into the Teams existance. Wow, their even greater than i thought!!!!!
-budget is NO WHERE near the top of F1, as a matter of fact, budget is only huge this year due to new wind tunnel
-Explain Toyota then
-Its called loyality
-No one starts at top
-competition is psycotically fierce
Old 08-07-2006, 03:52 AM

Quick Reply: Hungarian F1