Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ish. New Accord

Old 07-21-2017, 10:50 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

The side profile isn't appreciably different on the MMC cars. It's the front end that has a bunch of chrome. Side profile is virtually identical, though - I'd have no problem owning an Accord Sport with the 6MT, that's for sure, for a daily driver...
Old 07-21-2017, 10:56 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

This car is ugly... I would take a new Camry over it in a heart beat.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:25 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Hakkaboy
I actually really like the sport/touring rims, especially with the side skirts on those trim?

I think he was more referencing the fact that no 4-cyl econo-family sedan needs 19" tires and their unnecessary weight, cost, and ride quality impact. The 18"s pre-MMC looked great, I thought, as did the front end without all that chrome.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
This car is ugly... I would take a new Camry over it in a heart beat.
You really think this is better?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:07 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Toyota's recent designs have been abhorrent, imo.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:30 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by electricmarauder
You really think this is better?
Yes because they didn't slap some chrome on the front grill.

When the beak came out some dealers were painting it. Was a very different looking car. You can see the difference on the TLs
Old 07-22-2017, 06:49 AM

Received 401 Likes on 222 Posts

New Accord will probably drive very nice. Wish the 2.0T wasn't rated at just 252hp, but I'm sure it'll feel nice around town with either transmission. Styling from certain angles is awkward and overwrought. Need to see it in person and give it some time.

I'd buy the CTR engine in the last gen Accord with a six-speed manual with no bling BS for $35k and I'd do it today. Give us older Honda enthusiasts a nice sleeper. Of course, Honda doesn't roll like that.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might have looked good as a 2 door ! Oh wait another 2 door car murdered .. What is up with all these automakers decision to kill the cars with style and yet we are left with another 4 door sedan . No wonder sales are going down . Everything looks the same almost nowadays . Dear Honda some of us do NOT WANT a 4 door . I had a 2 door Accord as my first car , next was 2 door Civic , then 2 door S2000 , and finally 2 door Prelude . See the pattern Honda ?

Last edited by Silverstreak HX; 07-23-2017 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-24-2017, 06:33 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX
It might have looked good as a 2 door ! Oh wait another 2 door car murdered .. What is up with all these automakers decision to kill the cars with style and yet we are left with another 4 door sedan . No wonder sales are going down . Everything looks the same almost nowadays . Dear Honda some of us do NOT WANT a 4 door . I had a 2 door Accord as my first car , next was 2 door Civic , then 2 door S2000 , and finally 2 door Prelude . See the pattern Honda ?
I can only assume you're in a small minority on this. Surely Honda isn't so dumb as to kill off well-selling model versions just for the hell of it? I suspect that the number of two-door Accords they sold was so small it didn't justify the design and manufacturing efforts to make a new one. Just a guess, though.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:39 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Yes because they didn't slap some chrome on the front grill.

When the beak came out some dealers were painting it. Was a very different looking car. You can see the difference on the TLs
That is the Camry SE/XSE, which has a pretty different front end from the other Camry's, with less chrome. The Accord Sport (equivalent to SE/XSE) has a blacked-out grille, so that point is moot.
Originally Posted by QUIKAG
New Accord will probably drive very nice. Wish the 2.0T wasn't rated at just 252hp, but I'm sure it'll feel nice around town with either transmission. Styling from certain angles is awkward and overwrought. Need to see it in person and give it some time.

I'd buy the CTR engine in the last gen Accord with a six-speed manual with no bling BS for $35k and I'd do it today. Give us older Honda enthusiasts a nice sleeper. Of course, Honda doesn't roll like that.
They ARE doing the 2.0T w/6MT in the Sport, which is the model between base LX and EX. So they're doing exactly what you have asked, and it will probably be closer to $30k. Sure it's not 306hp, but I'd imagine that wouldn't be hard to expensive to achieve. Just using premium fuel will probably get you a decent bump.

Quick Reply: Ish. New Accord