Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lamborghini ownership costs

Old 09-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lamborghini ownership costs

I'm looking at getting a 911s cabriolet or maybe a c4s cabrio. In the price range of 80+ k.

I see the Lambo gallardo's from 2005-2006 can be about 100k. I'd love to own one of those. I do wonder though then what the ownership costs are in those cars. Is it Ferrari like break the bank maintainence, or is it porsche like only hurt the bank maintainence.

Anyone know? I've always wanted to own a Lambo. I know i'm a poseur, but f-it it's my money biatch. So what if a million cars and outperform it. I don't care.

Any helpful info would be appreciated.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

The guy I know that owns a body shop does all the work for Ferrari of Dallas and the Dallas Lamborghini dealer. I guess he makes decent money because he buys a new Lambo every couple of years now (slightly used to save $). According to him, and I asked him the same question you are asking now, they are pretty reliable, and heaps better than the old school ones. He also says he prefers them to Ferraris (he has owned those as well) due to the lower running costs. You need to find a Lambo forum and get to work, not much help you'll get on these forums, we are ordinary fools
Old 09-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito,Sep 26 2007, 10:50 AM
The guy I know that owns a body shop does all the work for Ferrari of Dallas and the Dallas Lamborghini dealer. I guess he makes decent money because he buys a new Lambo every couple of years now (slightly used to save $). According to him, and I asked him the same question you are asking now, they are pretty reliable, and heaps better than the old school ones. He also says he prefers them to Ferraris (he has owned those as well) due to the lower running costs. You need to find a Lambo forum and get to work, not much help you'll get on these forums, we are ordinary fools
That was my next step to find a lambo forum. I'd feel like an interloper. I feel more comfortable here as I'm an s2000 person who had a streak of good luck. I knew some of my s2000 brethren would have some information for me. There's a Lambo dealer close to here i've been meaning to check out, maybe i'll ask them about maintainence to get some idea.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 AM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

I don't know why you are fukin with any of it. You know, judging by the forum, that you should be buying a GTR instead.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear it eats clutches, like a high hp awd car would. But its a costly clutch. 6speedonline.com is a good source. There is also lambo power.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by SavesTheDay,Sep 26 2007, 10:56 AM
I hear it eats clutches, like a high hp awd car would. But its a costly clutch. 6speedonline.com is a good source. There is also lambo power.
thanks.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was thinking about an used gallardo
before i decided to buy my current car.

as far as gallardo reliability goes,
you can safely say
it's just like audi cars.
you'll have some electrical glitch here and there
(but not all cars...)
but they are above average.

of course it'll cost you a lot more than running an audi,
oil change the dealer told me was somewhere around $600
if i remember correctly.
a lot of owners i talked to say yearly ownership cost is around $4000.

i love good- ol' stick shifter
but this car i will have to get dsg.
if you think the same you won't have to worry about the transmission part too much.

take a look at this link also,
it won't be a huge help but you'll get the general idea.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/sh...read.php?t=6672

also think about the depreciation.
low- mileage '05 already as low as 100 k, is insane and it means something-
this is not a timeless car that you wanna keep for a long time.
this is also a kind of cars that bragging playboys buy,
when they can't afford "true" exotics but need more than boring porsches.
imo, too many on the road that will be on sale the next month.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Former Moderator

I went to 6speedonline and learned less than what Seung told me. I made a mistake in the pricing ( an 05 is more like 160 k) and was raked over the coals by those aholes, expecially some new york watch seller.

I probably shouldn't get a lambo, I'm not enough of an ahole.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:54 PM

It's all relative. People say their Audi is cheap to maintain at 2k a year because it costs them 4k a year to keep their W140 S class MB going.

People say their lambo is is expensive to maintain because it's 5 times more than their modded s2k.

People say their lambo is cheap to maintain because it's half as expensive as their 512 Ferrari.

What you need to look for is figures. Expect a few grand a year if you take it easy and don't drive it much. I'm familiar with Ferrari figures but not with the new Audi's badged as Lamborghini's.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:23 PM

from what i remember, the 04-05 gallardos had tranny issues. they've been fixed since. i could be wrong with those years but it rings a bell.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini ownership costs