Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lincoln - What do you think?

Old 01-22-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts
Question Lincoln - What do you think?

I must say I really like the looks of Lincoln's current line up. By the far the most attractive looking portfolio of an American marque. How are they? Has anyone driven their current offerings? The Nautilus and Continentals are quite stylish.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:25 PM
CMK

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I haven't driven them, but hey, the new Conti will have a suicide doors option in 2019. Sorry, "coach doors."

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 12:30 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

I agree they look decent enough inside and out. But I gave Ford a chance not too long ago after being a pure Honda devotee for many years. I bought several Fords and I wanted to really give a domestic brand a chance. It became apparent to me that nothing has changed much on the domestic front, they still put cars on the road and then start their development work with the vehicle owners being the guinea pigs. After a couple years they seem to iron out some of the bugs but many owners become very frustrated with the process when new systems and engines don't work as expected. In terms of direct injected motors Ford probably had more than their share of issues compared to other manufacturers. I also found their brakes to be horrible, you may change brakes on a Ford 2-3 times as often as you might on a Honda. On my Fords the rear brake pads always wore twice as fast as the fronts as odd as that sounds. I loved the designs anf functionality of the vehicles but they just aren't as good as the good imports IMO.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:37 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

I like the looks of most Lincolns. I was behind a new Navigator yesterday and it looked pretty sharp from the back, and the side, when it turned onto a side road. The styling is on point - quite handsome for such a large vehicle.

Would I buy a new Lincoln? Nope - massive depreciation due to poor market acceptance. Used? Sure, if the price was right, but they wouldn't be my first choice. For family appliances (and that's what they are to me, even if they are "luxury" appliances), I'm going to stick with Honda/Acura/Toyota/Lexus every time, if at all possible.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:53 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I don't.

I think their product line is overpriced and aimed and non-enthusiasts and 100 year olds.

Only Ford product I have any interest in is the new Ranger.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:29 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

I'm not paying so many dollars for a car that is going to rust just like every other car out there living its life here in southern Ontario- whether you pay $10,000 or $100,000, oxidation is going to consume it eventually. It may be comfortable for the arthritis crowd, but its just not my style.

However, the exterior design is at least different and I do like that they are willing to not follow the crowd. I'd still autocross the hell out of it then bitch to the Lincoln dealer that the traction control kept getting in the way.

I have seen a few of the new Lincoln's cars on the road and they look nice (that behemoth navigator is just plain stupid), but they aren't meant to appeal to mental cases like me who only buy 3 pedal cars.
darcy

Last edited by darcyw; 01-22-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Tought question to ask on a honda s2k board. People here that are into an S2k or at one point owned one are usually not the buyers of such a non enthusiast luxury car. Typically they are more interested in BMW or audi.....more "sport focused" models. But Lincoln is making some good looking cars so it might be up your alley.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:39 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Last week I came out of a Lowes and see a Navigator parked next to a 90's Honda Civic hatchback, the juxtaposition made me do a double-take. The Navigator is just plain mammoth. I almost think it is a dinosaur so early after coming to market, if fuel prices inch upwards by any decent amount that thing will be dead in the water. It's a damn bus.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:48 PM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

They have some nice design touches, like how the door handles are integrated into the sills, but for the money, I think the G90 is a better car.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:53 PM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

They're the American version of Acura.
The following users liked this post:
cbehney (01-25-2019)

Quick Reply: Lincoln - What do you think?