Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Looking for a new car...

Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might be a stretch in terms of distance from you guys, but if you are interested in M cars, there's a dealership I always drive by with a large selection of them, including a few M5's and M coupes. There seems to be a few on their website around your price range.

Here's their website http://enthusiastauto.com/
Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 AM

I'd definitely pick up a really low mileage C5 z06 for that price.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:40 AM

We like the Z06 but the interior is absolutely vomit inducing. We looked at an '01 and the interior was a Tupperware greaseball. I like some of these suggestions..
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k34
Might be a stretch in terms of distance from you guys, but if you are interested in M cars, there's a dealership I always drive by with a large selection of them, including a few M5's and M coupes. There seems to be a few on their website around your price range.

They have a nice collection but the prices are insane.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k34

read good things about these guys on the bmw forums when i was looking at e36's. If I was ready to buy one I wouldnt bother trying to scope out private sales to find a car that was in good shape, I'd just pay the extra to know it was looked over buy professoinals who are passionate about the brand. but thats just me

the prices are on the high side, but they look for high quality , and usually lower mileage cars, and do all the preventative maint. before putting it up for sale. You're buying the car in the best shape it can be in for the long haul without having to go "well in the next 5k miles this this and this are likely to fail and i'm definitely going to need to replace this when i get the $$ to do so. Idk if i would describe it as convenient, but it brings a lot of piece of mind where you can just get in an enjoy it rather than always knowing something could break within 100 miles of purchasing

back to the topic - looks like most of the cars you listed are older and on the more expensive side of the maint. spectrum. what about like a mazdaspeed3 or something? brand new they low-mid 20's?
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by rnye
We like the Z06 but the interior is absolutely vomit inducing. We looked at an '01 and the interior was a Tupperware greaseball. I like some of these suggestions..
LOL Yeah, because with your budget you can totally afford cars with much better interiors

You might consider how it comes across when you share your opinions on the design quality of the CTS or C5 Z06 interior and whether it is appropriate for the price of the car considering you could barely afford either, even used.

I think it's great that you two are being smart and looking at used cars to get the most for your dollar, but you've got a budget of $25K. You're not in the Champagne and caviar set. Don't like the interior of the Z06? Fine, but it's not like you can afford the interior of new 911.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

could pick up a very low mileage s2k, drive it for a few years and then resell it and get all money back or even more.

other choices; used ms3, STi, EvoX, etc etc
Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Originally Posted by rnye' timestamp='1351791639' post='22123264
LOL Yeah, because with your budget you can totally afford cars with much better interiors

You might consider how it comes across when you share your opinions on the design quality of the CTS or C5 Z06 interior and whether it is appropriate for the price of the car considering you could barely afford either, even used.
Stupid post but completely expected from someone that is used to looking at this:

Here are pictures of the actual vehicles we looked at:

VS

If you don't understand or appreciate the aesthetic appeal of the German counterparts listed, then so be it.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM

I've driven and owned all sorts of sports cars and for 25K, IMHO, the most fun you can buy is a Z4M in Coupe or Roadster for or a 2005-2007 Boxster S (or maybe a higher mileage 2006 Cayman S).

I'd also look into a 2002-2003 911.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:34 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

IMHO all the cars u are looking at have crappy interiors. BUT who cares? Their fun as hell to drive.

I'd either go e46 m3 or z4m

Quick Reply: Looking for a new car...