Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Never seen rain?

Old 06-27-2017, 05:00 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Some of you...need hobbies or something. Every car, I've ever owned has seen rain. Every car I've ever bought has also seen rain. Therefore, who cares?!?
Old 06-27-2017, 06:14 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

salt. Salt is the problem.

I would rather buy an inland car that saw rain, than a car that lived by the ocean and never saw rain.

darcy
​​​​​​​
Old 06-27-2017, 06:21 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

My car has never seen rain, but it has seen Mid-Ohio many times, Gingerman, and Pitt Race after this weekend, plus it has been close and personal with quite a few cones

Just kidding it has seen rain, heck it has seen rain on a race track!
The following users liked this post:
freq (06-28-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 06:33 PM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

Spray undercarriage with CRC, done. Apply every few years.

If I see a "never seen rain" ad I'll skip buying that car. Chances are it's a blu hair, the car was not broken in properly (old lady type driving), etc.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really sure why people would care if it was driven in the rain it's just a car. I understand not wanting the car to see salted roads or snow but rain will not cause you problems. Do you not wash your car then since it will get wet? I also get if you have multiple cars that you would rather take something else out. But to completely try to isolate yourself from it doesn't make any sense to me. I have driven all my cars M's, P's, and even F cars in the rain. Would I rather drive them on a sunny day sure, but they are still fun in the wet. For those worried about this try to loosen up, life is to short to worry about such meaningless things.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Not really sure why people would care if it was driven in the rain it's just a car. I understand not wanting the car to see salted roads or snow but rain will not cause you problems. Do you not wash your car then since it will get wet? I also get if you have multiple cars that you would rather take something else out. But to completely try to isolate yourself from it doesn't make any sense to me. I have driven all my cars M's, P's, and even F cars in the rain. Would I rather drive them on a sunny day sure, but they are still fun in the wet. For those worried about this try to loosen up, life is to short to worry about such meaningless things.
I wash my car twice a year. For me, seeing the car parked in my garage during snow and rain storms brings me joy. It makes me happy that I get to enjoy an almost brand new car every time I go out. I get an immense sense of gratification seeing my car buttoned up in the garage when it's raining and snowing. Similar to the feeling I got when I was younger....putting comics into comic bags, backed with cardboard or having a baseball card encased in plastic. I don't believe that the s2000 will be the next 67 Camaro. But it still brings me joy and makes my weekend rides with the wife or son that much more special. Treat something special, no matter what the value, it becomes special.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
My car has never seen rain, but it has seen Mid-Ohio many times, Gingerman, and Pitt Race after this weekend, plus it has been close and personal with quite a few cones

Just kidding it has seen rain, heck it has seen rain on a race track!
Pitt Race is a BLAST!!!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

So, driving the S2000 in the snow is not too common?
Old 06-28-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All of my sports cars I've owned have seen rain, snow, salted roads, and even *gasp* spray car washes.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
All of my sports cars I've owned have seen rain, snow, salted roads, and even *gasp* spray car washes.
My god man, how do you live with yourself?

Quick Reply: Never seen rain?