Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The new Accord is not selling!?

Old 04-18-2018, 12:24 PM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by CMK
Can't help but wonder: Will we look back on the USDM and ask why the sedan was EVER popular? For the typical American consumer, you get more practicality out of a crossover with the hatchback, and a staggering amount of people put a "higher seating position" near the top of their list of priorities.

I assume I'm like many on this forum: I'd much rather have a mid-size or full-size wagon rather than a crossover, since I find the height and weight increases aren't worth it, but we're a minority. So is it any surprise?
Crossovers many times are also extremely fugly, which pushes some away. I can say that the Crosstour (I think that was what it is called) is one of the ugliest things on wheels to me.

And this Accord, like others have stated, is simply unattractive, which is not helping things any :P I am finding lots o the new hondas ugly. I dont even care that much for the new civics in the looks dept.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:54 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Top 30 Best-Selling Vehicles In America – March 2018 | GCBC

US sales numbers for March 2018. Honda has 2 vehicles in the top 10.

I'm seeing more 2018 Accords on the road here in SoCal, looks fairly normal to me in real life, the Sport and 2.0L Turbo models look aggressive with the big wheels.

3 Toyota
2 Honda
2 Chevrolet
1 Nissan
1 Ford
1 Dodge
Old 04-19-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I have seen a few more up close. I don't want one but they are not nearly as ugly as I thought or from what you see in the magazines. Wide and low, look kind of mean for a family sedan. Still has a couple bad angles though.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cdelena
We have been in the market to replace the family car (Sonata turbo) and have looked at a dozen cars. After driving the top six or so the choice is a Mazda6 (now has a turbo). The Accord was good but after a test drive not compelling.

Our revised budget (I was open to 50K but turns out the spouse is not), requirements, and just plain preference has pushed us to the Mazda... not perfect but every decision requires a sorting of priorities. We have no need for 4WD or a SUV.
What model Mazda 6 did you wind up getting? I can't figure out what I want next, but it's on the list. Likes/Dislikes so far?
Old 04-20-2018, 06:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by erik
What model Mazda 6 did you wind up getting? I can't figure out what I want next, but it's on the list. Likes/Dislikes so far?
Bought the Signature model as a way to get all the options and upscale interior. Really like the quiet performance with good handling and refined driving dynamics. The compromise we accepted is a little tighter back seat. We tested over a dozen cars and this meets our needs and was a winner as bang for the buck (I really like the MB E43 but at 81K our 34K on the Mazda made more sense).
Old 05-01-2018, 12:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new Camry is very attractive. Especially in white.

I like how it doesn't have the fake exhaust openings on the bumper and has quad exhaust tips. Good move!
Old 05-01-2018, 03:06 PM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Da New Yawka
The new Camry is very attractive. Especially in white.

I like how it doesn't have the fake exhaust openings on the bumper and has quad exhaust tips. Good move!
And how, on the SE models without the quad exhaust, it just has a blank opening on one side? Just below the fake vent that is supposed to look like it's venting... not sure what exactly? Can't say I agree with you.

This seriously looks like a whale. With a black speedo on its face.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by white98ls
And how, on the SE models without the quad exhaust, it just has a blank opening on one side? Just below the fake vent that is supposed to look like it's venting... not sure what exactly? Can't say I agree with you.

This seriously looks like a whale. With a black speedo on its face.
you have GOT to warn people. I just about vomited on my lap top!

darcy
Old 05-02-2018, 04:12 AM
CMK

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I simply cannot understand how someone can think that looks better than the new Accord. This is what I think of:

The following users liked this post:
JonBoy (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 08:45 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CMK
I simply cannot understand how someone can think that looks better than the new Accord. This is what I think of:

x2

People say the Accord is so ugly that people won't buy it. Umm, they're buying the Camry, and to my eyes the Accords looks WAY better than the Camry, in any trim.

Don't get me started on the new Avalon!

Quick Reply: The new Accord is not selling!?