Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The new Accord is not selling!?

Old 03-15-2018, 10:49 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

I still think it's pretty dumb. In most cases we're talking about a sight line difference of 6 inches. Especially given that so many sedans these days are as tall as CUVs, thanks to stupid pedestrian crash regulations. I'm not denying it though...
Old 03-15-2018, 10:54 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by termigni
not selling because it's simply ugly
I really like how it looks. It has a few odd details (the hood front cut line is horrible) but overall, it looks pretty sharp to me. The interior is excellent as well. It also looks better in darker colors, in my opinion.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:58 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

It's pretty hard to say this car is ugly, when on the showroom floor it literally sits next to the ugliest car currently available for sale (Civic).

It's the ugly girl effect.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
I still think it's pretty dumb. In most cases we're talking about a sight line difference of 6 inches. Especially given that so many sedans these days are as tall as CUVs, thanks to stupid pedestrian crash regulations. I'm not denying it though...
Well kinda. I much prefer driving a small car. Even REALLY small cars, but having owned SUV's, the ability to see better, at least see forward better, is much better. I just don't care enough about that aspect to want to drive another Highlander.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:06 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
I'm agreeing with you on them wanting the higher seating position.

I'm just saying visibility as justification is what the idiots call "fake news."

Ok. Gotcha. I begged my sister to look at an Accord which she could got pretty loaded for the same price as her RAV4 with few features and plastic and vinyl, but she is not just kinda dumb, she is kinda dumb AND stubborn. Would not even look. Her reason was "I can't seee! I don't feel safe!!!!" She will probably roll the thing and get killed. But then I can sit at her grave and say "I told you so."
Old 03-15-2018, 11:08 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

I mean, let's hope not.

But yeah, that is stubborn. The world would be a better place if more people drove cars than SUV/CUV.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:19 AM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Higher up, better ground clearance, practical huge hatch, good mpg now, don't have to bend over as much to put your kids into the back seats, equal if not small footprint, etc etc etc. Lots of reasons to want a cuv over a sedan.
Yes sedans drive better, but is it that much better to overcome all the benefits listed above? Nope.
And the accord is ugly and expensive and the civic is huge now.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been wanting to test drive a EX-L 2.0T 10-Speed Automatic with Navigation , a Mazda6 with the turbo, and a Regal GS but none of those cars are available.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:52 PM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

The current Accord is a really sharp looking car, but it's a crowded space with other reliable cars that offer plenty at competitive prices. I would take a top flight Accord over a similarly price Acura sedan (shooting from the hip).
Old 03-15-2018, 01:19 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

I'm not sure about American buying preferences but they sure seem to like their pick-up trucks and SUV's. My last trip through the US saw very few sedans on the roads compared to trucks and SUV's. That may change if fuel prices rise.

With the Accord, it is a nice redesign, but the Civic is also larger now and offers almost as much as the Accord, I think Honda took a risk making the Civic larger and more upscale, I own a Civic Touring and love it. I was also interested in the Accord but went with the HRV for the awd option and winter use preferences. Laslty, the new Camry is much sporty now compared to past models, they did a nice job on the Camry in recent times, always a bit competitor for the Accord. Honda is always lacking in the incentives department, not nearly as competitive as other brands.

Quick Reply: The new Accord is not selling!?