Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New GM trucks will OWN everything - NEW PICS

Old 08-01-2006, 12:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ruexp67,Aug 1 2006, 04:23 PM
Like the NSX for example?

I don't expect truck buyers to buy a new truck every two years. Truck owners want to keep their trucks for a LONG time. Not having it look outdated the day after you buy it is a nice feature too. There is something to be said for "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

No, but while a vent may not be "stylish or trendy" it's a LONG way from ugly. It's also a LONG way from upsetting the entire interior.

I understand your point, but overall it looks VERY nice. My point is if they dipped into some exisitng parts bins for some as innocuous as a vent, who cares?
If you are referring to my post, you will note that I posted the OTHER interior, not that one. My beef was that the 1995 and 2007 dashes are almost identical, and it was pointed out that the 1995 dash was not much different from even earlier ones.

That interior looks fine to me, although it does have the typical GM/Chevy Lumina blandness.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:10 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

[QUOTE=ruexp67,Aug 1 2006, 03:23 PM]Like the NSX for example?

I don't expect truck buyers to buy a new truck every two years.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Fair enough. All I am saying is when I shop for a truck the first thing I look at towing capacity.

The first thing I look at when I am shopping for a luxury sedan (if I ever did that) would be to look at the interior.

Complaining about the interior on a pickup truck is AS relevant as complaining about the poor towing capacity on a luxo sedan.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ruexp67,Aug 1 2006, 04:38 PM
Complaining about the interior on a pickup truck is AS relevant as complaining about the poor towing capacity on a luxo sedan.
...to you. Most people don't tow very often at all, much less anything over a few hundred or thousand pounds. Just about any midsize vehicle can tow 2000 lbs if needed (though not exactly recommended).

Face it - most people aren't working their trucks, they're just driving them daily. The people towing and hauling on a regular basis are in the minority, especially in the half-ton market.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like any of those GM trucks...

The F 150 looks much nicer
Old 08-01-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Aug 1 2006, 03:10 PM
Not sure what the NSX has to do with the discussion. It still has a nicer interior than a C6 (a car that was designed 15 years later).
Not sure what the C6 or NSX has to do with this discussion but, the C6 is $30K-40K less than an NSX. The C6 smokes the NSX by a lrge margin in any performance category and IMO the C6 has a much nicer looking interior than the NSX. The NSX having a nicer interior than the C6 is your opinion, thats it.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by candyass,Aug 1 2006, 07:03 PM
Not sure what the C6 or NSX has to do with this discussion but, the C6 is $30K-40K less than an NSX. The C6 smokes the NSX by a lrge margin in any performance category and IMO the C6 has a much nicer looking interior than the NSX. The NSX having a nicer interior than the C6 is your opinion, thats it.
EDIT: Nevermind. I have no axe to grind and you own a C6. Great car, good choice. I don't blame you for liking it, considering how much you got for your money.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

My latest MotorTrend says that ugly dash is only for the 6-passenger version, which will most likely be for industrial use.

Ergo, I retract my criticism, as ugly/industrial is fine on a commercial vehicle.

Good luck with the trucks, GM.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:23 PM

I had to buy a truck last month to carry my sons karts to the track. I don't give a squirt of piss about looks, shlt it's a truck not a sports car. I see a crap load of Ford trucks everywhere so I figure if it's good enough for Joe Six Pack it should be okay to carry their karts, carry my surfboards, take me and my guns to kill God's tasty and delicious animals in the woods.

I park the car walk up and see a huge row of trucks. I stand in front and look at them and wonder how did it come to this, WFO Racer buying a fvcking truck. One thing catches my eye. The front bumpers are crooked. WTF? I walk up to one, and under the left headlight I can slide my hand between the bumper and panel, yet under the right headlight I can barely fit my pinkie. I go to the next truck same thing, another truck same thing. I assume this is by design. Nope on the sixth truck it is reversed, damn there goes my theory.

Now here comes the typical So Cal salesman, a middle easterner with a thick accent. Not good for me. If I have to part with a big chunk of cash I would prefer to stare at large female breasts during the exchange. He wants to shake my hand , I tell him no I don't like touching other guys. He starts right up with how wonderful his product is, no shlt dude what are you going to tell me that they suck? He starts up saying its the best selling, blah ,blah, blah. Then he tells me about Ford quality, I ask him why our friends at Ford cannot hang a bumper correctly, he has no answer. I tell him if this is the quality he blabs about, how bad are the things that are not visible. I buy my vehicles on the last day of the month or quarter end or fiscal year end , so I know they need to make their numbers. I tell him his country men had set the price of oil that day at a all time high. So that is hurting his sales, he knows it and so do I. I get in for a test drive and mention the plastic trim is already fading on a vehicle manf. just 40 days ago, WTF ? The drive does not go well and we part ways.

I go next door select a Tundra , put together much better than the ford but than again this truck is priced 9K more than the Ford. I dismiss the sales guy another middle easterner,and approach the sales manger. We hammer a price and I leave 45 minutes later.

I can see why Toyota is taking sales after my brief encounter.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:59 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I looked at the Titan when I bought my '02 truck (I no longer have it.) I didn't like the design of the bed. The box was too shallow, and they bolted it down THROUGH the center of the bed. There were four HUGH bolt heads sticking up through the bed. That would have gotten annoying in a hurry.

The Titan, now that is a foriegn car maker that has NAILED what it is to be a pickup truck.

Quick Reply: New GM trucks will OWN everything - NEW PICS