Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New SUV pick up - Jaguar F-Pace

Old 06-02-2016, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New SUV pick up - Jaguar F-Pace

No exciting S2K news...do miss her on beautiful days here in sunny FL...but the Audi S4 is a blast in its own right.

Did pick up a new vehicle to replace the Prius V since its not really needed for long commutes or travel anymore. Did a lot of test drives over the span of 4 weeks and narrowed it down to the Audi Q5, Audi SQ5, Infiniti QX70S, Land Rover Discovery Sport, Porsche Macan, Porsche Macan S and Jaguar F-Pace.

I would liked to have gone with Audi, but the SQ5 was difficult to get unless used (and still overpriced at that) and the interiors and tech were not up to date compared to competitors. Would have had to wait till next year or longer to get the newest version (Q7 just came out so Q5 is right behind) and I didn't want to wait that long.

Porsche was a great drive, especially the S model, but the cargo space was very lacking due to the sharp angle in the back. Back seat wasn't as spacy and roomy as compared to the others, even the Q5.

The Infiniti was powerful and a bit sporty, but otherwise didn't have a wow factor. Interior was nice and back seats were roomy enough, but it didn't 'grab' me.

The Land Rover Discovery Sport is a great vehicle - a lot of room with a third row seating option (called the 5+2 configuration). It was great looking in the white with black pack option and I almost bought it about 2 weeks ago - but they had a stop sale and recall go into effect that day for a rear license plate LED light vibration issue. The only drawback was that it was 'slow' in comparison to the others with "only" 240 hp - so used to driving the S4 and having power available that it's sort of a must (or a high need) for any vehicle I drive now.

I drove the F-Pace at the same time I did the Discovery Sport...and while impressed with the performance and interior, they didn't have any good looking ones on the lot - all were very base level models without any real upgrades. When I went back last week to make sure the Discovery Sport was the one I wanted and that the recall fix would be available by the end of the month, I decided to give the F-Pace another look. When I drove it back to back with the Discovery Sport, I absolutely loved the performance and drive of the F-Pace so I decided I would see if I could get one how I wanted.

They had just gotten in an Ebony Black F-Pace Prestige with jet leather interior and tan stitching with the:

Vision Package (LED headlights, LED fog-lights, J-Blade DRLs, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Traffic Detection and Automatic High Beam Assist and Adaptive Headlight Technologies)

Comfort and Convenience Package (climate front seats - the cooled seating is spectacular and almost a must for FL summers, heated rear seats, electronic recline rear seats - really neat for snoozing on trips if you don't have to drive, upgraded perforated leather - very comfortable to sit on, gesture tail gate - works very well, and activity key which is neat for those times when you don't want to carry your keys)

Technology Package (including the digital and customizable drivers cluster - freaking awesome and can even show navigation on there, larger 10.2 inch touchscreen for the center console, upgraded 825W Meridian sound system - pretty good really and comparable to the Bang & Olufsen upgraded system in the S4)

Heads-Up Display (laser based so polarized glasses aren't an issue and even shows navigation when turns are coming up)

I had them add the Black Package (which makes all the outside chrome accents into black accents including the window molding, front grill, side vents and wheels to gloss black double spoke venoms) and then worked out the pricing. All said and done, I walked away with a brand new 2017. It is at Jaguar getting upgraded with the black package and the dealership threw in full legal dark tinting and the interior/exterior protection packages so that is getting done as well. Should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

I looked at a wide variety of other SUVs - Lexus NX, Lexus RX, Volvo XC60, Volvo XC90, Acura RDX, Acura MDX, BMW X3, BMW X4, BMW X5 and Audi Q7 if anyone wants some information and feedback on those. Didn't need the larger, full size SUVs so those came off the list pretty quickly even if I did go look at them for a bit.

Quickly - the F-Pace is a 340hp supercharged V6 with 318ftlbs of torque, AWD and lots of goodies.

UPDATED!!! They blacked out the jaguar symbol in the back and front as well as removing the F-Pace and 35t AWD badges in the back. Jaguar even threw in the black lugnuts. Tinted (legal limit in FL), protection applied and the only silver left on the car is on the tailpipes and the rim cap.

Video attached:

Old 06-02-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Probably the nicest looking medium-sized SUV in the market. Really nice! Enjoy it to the fullest.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

That's a really nice SUV, are the tail lights a direct swap from the F type?
Old 06-02-2016, 03:37 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats, it's the only cuv/suv that I actually want!
Old 06-02-2016, 03:58 PM

Received 1,185 Likes on 913 Posts

How much?
Old 06-02-2016, 04:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is one handsome SUV, congrats
Old 06-03-2016, 03:31 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Being a big Jaguar fan, I obviously think you made a wise choice!

Is this your first British car?
Old 06-03-2016, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by myclue
That's a really nice SUV, are the tail lights a direct swap from the F type?
It is inspired by the F-Type, so probably close with a few modifications.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by The Raptor
How much?
With all the packages and upgrades, we finished at $63k - which is what I get when I go online and build it. Got some stuff thrown in for free so not unhappy with the deal overall. Apparently they are low production on all of their vehicles so not very willing to go much below sticker.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Being a big Jaguar fan, I obviously think you made a wise choice!

Is this your first British car?
It sure is! And we have been very impressed so far. Almost bought the Land Rover Discovery Sport instead and even now I am contemplating trading in the Audi S4 for a Jaguar XE or perhaps even that Discovery Sport since my family situation is changing (in about 8 months haha )

Quick Reply: New SUV pick up - Jaguar F-Pace