Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Parking Spot at Mall - etiquette ?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Option B. Your decision to camp out and wait for the THE particular spot I'm occupying has no impact on the pace at which I exit that space. In fact, if there are beaucoup spots available elsewhere I'm even less motivated. Take a little walk, it might do you some good. My wife is a parking space stalker. It drives me nuts. She will spend ten minutes in a parking lot trying to get THE space. Either cruising up and down, camping out behind someone getting in their car, or rolling slowly behind a likely target walking to a car in the RIGHT area. Not me. I drive right to the wide open spaces, park within a few seconds, and walk. I can't stand people who sit there blocking traffic fixated on one space when other spaces are available.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:51 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fishfryer
I buy online. Malls are for teenage girls.
+2 Thanks for Amazon Prime
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Option B. Your decision to camp out and wait for the THE particular spot I'm occupying has no impact on the pace at which I exit that space.
Same here. Not that I take forever to get going, but I am not "rushing" to give them a space.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 AM

Everytime I start my car I let it fully warm up, I walk to the person waiting and tell them it's gonna be a wile my car needs to warm up... Most elder people get offended and furious. The younger crowd will just sit still in there car blasting music hoping hot chicks/guys will walk by and notice them... People these days need to find something better to do in their "free" time...

Usually I park way in the back away from other cars because I hate door dings, but there is always that asshole that parks as close as humanly possible no matter how many vacant spaces are available within a 647 mile radius....... -____________-
Old 12-18-2012, 07:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

E- Walk around like you forgot where your car is and wait till the stalkers drive by.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 AM

Mostly B or A. However, like a lot of folks on this board, I'm far enough away from the entrance that few if any want my spot anyway. If I do end up at the mall, I try to take the Suburban and look for an S2K to park next to.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont willingly park near other cars at all and if I am forced to do so then I park super close to the curb in corner spots.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

B.

I used to lean more towards A, but then I came to the conclusion that people in general suck pretty hardcore - so I go about my business as normal even if someone is waiting on me.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM

If the lot is not too busy I try and wait until no one is around looking for a spot before approaching my car. That way I'm not rushed to get out.
But if there is someone waiting I make an effort to get out fairly quick.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Banned

^ Same, but to throw off those who deliberately take their sweet ass time, I hit reverse and act like I found another spot. This almost always causes them to move their asses. Online FTW though, I cant stand the hoards of disgusting mobs that is todays public... alotta people these days dont understand personal space, personal hygeine or how to use a breath mint. Had some middle aged mommy about a week ago came up to me at the counter, stood so close she hip checked me and threw her garbage up with mine. I brushed it to the floor and asked her why she feels entitled enough to assault me, she unleashed a boatload of profanities at me, the cashier and the other customers looking at her and then she left. F entitled people....

Quick Reply: Parking Spot at Mall - etiquette ?