Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Parking Spot at Mall - etiquette ?

Old 12-18-2012, 11:48 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

i hvae a store at the mall and now that the holidays are here it is packed in every part... normally i just park out away from people.... now those spots are full so you just have to either find a spot or make a spot where there isn't parking..... it gets so busy that all of the non spots / fake spots are all gone too so you are stuck waiting for a-holes to leave....

I think i remember a study that someone did where they timed how long it takes... if no one is waiting the person leaving leaves much faster..... we are a *f@#k you* type of nation apparently..... Andrew Dice Clay should be proud...
Old 12-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by F20AP1
Everytime I start my car I let it fully warm up, I walk to the person waiting and tell them it's gonna be a wile my car needs to warm up...
It's better to drive your car gently to let it warm up than to let it warm up at idle. The less time spent in colder than operating temps, the better.

I dont really have any experience in mall parking lots, but this happened ALL the time on campus trying to find a parking spot to go to class. I usually try to hurry up and get moving because I HATE when theres a 10 car line waiting for some asshole to finish doing their makeup before backing out of their precious spot. Some of us have to walk across campus (.8 miles) to get to class and don't have time for that. Unfortunately the parking lots are always crazy like this and rarely have empty spots
Old 12-18-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A sometimes B
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scot
So if you see someone waiting for your spot do you....

A - hurry up a little, get in and get moving so they can have the spot
B - take your time but still exit within reason
C - Start your car then Txt a few people, maybe play with the radio for a while then finally back out
D - Start the car, call someone on the phone and wait until the person waiting beeps, flashes their lights and not back out of the spot until after that guy waiting has left.

Mall Season right now... people suck.... I always try to hurry and be courteous.... these f@#king assholes who light their cigs, txt then as soon as you drive off the f@#kers leave.... I always hope they wreck into a utility pole as part of their karma.
Usually b,c,d. I could give a f@#k less about the asshole waiting, go find a different spot.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

E) Depends how cute she is!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A or depending on my mood... and of course ALWAYS E^....when applicable
Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm really struck by how many people automatically categorize anyone waiting for a parking spot at the mall as an asshole.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbehney
I'm really struck by how many people automatically categorize anyone waiting for a parking spot at the mall as an asshole.
Not anyone. How about the buttheads that are nudged up so close that you can't get out of the space they so desperately covet? And then someone else rolls up nose to butt with them and they can't back up. But they won't move on because that would mean letting someone else have the spot. Within seconds, you've got total paralysis in that parking lane. Now that pisses me off. If I'm being held hostage in a mall parking spot then fvck them and their irrational lust for my spot..
Old 12-19-2012, 06:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Originally Posted by cbehney' timestamp='1355970603' post='22220844
Not anyone. How about the buttheads that are nudged up so close that you can't get out of the space they so desperately covet? And then someone else rolls up nose to butt with them and they can't back up. But they won't move on because that would mean letting someone else have the spot. Within seconds, you've got total paralysis in that parking lane. Now that pisses me off. If I'm being held hostage in a mall parking spot then fvck them and their irrational lust for my spot..
Yeah in that case I'd agree with the characterization. They've earned the asshole tag. But if someone is just waiting for your spot, that doesn't automatically make them an idiot or a asshole or evil or whatnot.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Originally Posted by Scot' timestamp='1355769823' post='22215530
So if you see someone waiting for your spot do you....

A - hurry up a little, get in and get moving so they can have the spot
B - take your time but still exit within reason
C - Start your car then Txt a few people, maybe play with the radio for a while then finally back out
D - Start the car, call someone on the phone and wait until the person waiting beeps, flashes their lights and not back out of the spot until after that guy waiting has left.

Mall Season right now... people suck.... I always try to hurry and be courteous.... these f@#king assholes who light their cigs, txt then as soon as you drive off the f@#kers leave.... I always hope they wreck into a utility pole as part of their karma.
Usually b,c,d. I could give a f@#k less about the asshole waiting, go find a different spot.
Pretty much this. I mean if the parking lot is jam packed then A or B since I feel bad for the people stuck behind the asshole that's just sitting there, as I've been in this situation lots of times before, but honestly who's to say just because I came back to my car that I'm actually leaving? What if I'm with someone who's not done and I just felt like coming back to the car? Besides 9 times out of 10 the people who park their ass by someone they think is leaving does it when there's plenty of spots available farther back. Do a little walking.

Quick Reply: Parking Spot at Mall - etiquette ?