Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

for people who think the S2k can hang with a c5...haha

Old 01-28-2002, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did i make fun of the S2000? i was making fun of people saying that a stock S2000 can hang with a C5....if you aren't one of those people...I don't see the problem here. I was shocked at how the c5 pulled on the SC S2000. I found out that the C5 had a rear end gear reduction also. Also, this is the "car talk" forum...so I was talking about a different car, again how is this making fun of the S2000? I have one for pete's sake!! There have been posts on this board about the S2000 hanging with or beating a C5 at speed (not even at a launch). This was in response to those posts. If you didn't make those posts, or know that a C5 is faster car....then this post was not directed at you at all....other then the cool video. Man this is one touchy board.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:11 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since "you pick performance greatly over style/looks anyday", when are you going to give your S2000 to someone who is more deserving and buy a C5?

You still haven't answered me. Or maybe you're just a Vette-wannabe?

Maybe many of us here don't feel like constantly hearing about how a C5 is so much faster and better nor do we care, at least I don't, especially from you. This is s2ki.com or c5isaoverglorifiedPOS.com. So post this shit somewhere else...
Old 01-28-2002, 12:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
[B]Since "you pick performance greatly over style/looks anyday", when are you going to give your S2000 to someone who is more deserving and buy a C5?

You still haven't answered me.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by mav
elanderholm , not to start anything with you but why are you always dissing the S2000?

If you love the Vette so much, then give your S2000 to a more deserving person and get that GM POS!
I can tell you didn't want to start anything with a comment like that!! "more deserving!" I am glad all S2000 owners aren't egotistical maniacs like yourself.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:39 PM

THis is funny, its like you look into yo draws and say, OMG I have small ballz! Why not just cut is off and get a bigger one? You dont like your S2K because is slow? You get what u pay for 35k. I think to me my 35k is well spent...but sell your small balls and cash out!

DaRKCrow
Old 01-28-2002, 12:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DaRKCrow
[B]THis is funny, its like you look into yo draws and say, OMG I have small ballz!
Old 01-28-2002, 12:46 PM
mav

To clarify my comment... I don't think you deserve the S2000 since you are constantly comparing it to a C5, belittling it and making fun of its lack of performance compared to a C5. Why own a car that isn't up to your personal standards? You desever the C5 clearly.

So why must you avoid my question? When are you going to give your S2000 to someone who is more deserving and buy a C5?
Old 01-28-2002, 12:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
[B]To clarify my comment...
Old 01-28-2002, 01:01 PM
mav

Good for you! Make sure you come down to South Florida so I can school you and your Vette.

Oh yeah, you did hurt the car's feelings. Please go and apoligize to it and beg for forgiveness. Give it a kiss, just don't mess up the paint job!
Old 01-28-2002, 01:06 PM

the s2000 is a quick car, but not even close to the perfomance of a C5
That's f@cking bullshit. Sell your S right now if you feel this is true because you don't know how to drive it worth sh!t. What's performance? When you say perfomance I think braking, cornering, and accelerating altogether, not just mash on the gas. A road course tests true overall performance of a car, and guess what? Two professional drivers running on nurburing, and the s2000 flat out beat the C5, and it did it with 105 less hp. LOL which is the better overall performing car? gee, no brainer.....btw I agree 100% with mav, comparing the fine S to a C5 is garbage. If you like bulky cars that make you feel like you're navigating the queen mary on NOS then you shouldn't be driving an S. It's the wrong car for you. It's the people that say "wow, I know what this car can do and I would easily take it over anything below $60,000" that truly appreciate the honda and get full enjoyment out of driving it. After driving the S around for two months, I would not switch to a brand new C5 if they gave me a straight up trade, or even a straight up trade plus $5,000 on top CASH.

Quick Reply: for people who think the S2k can hang with a c5...haha