Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Picking up a new daily from good ol Cadillac!

Old 09-12-2017, 09:18 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes it is frustrating for sure. Unfortunately I had to make an emergency trip to Florida on Sunday so I won't be able to get the car into the dealer until next week. I am debating if I should have them buy the car back or see if I can get them to replace the engine and turbos. I wouldn't even know where to start on a buyback and I am sure I will loose a bunch of money from the few upgrades I have already done to this car. Sad part is I have been eyeing a few used F80 M3's already but considering the closest dealers are 360 miles away and probably very little remaining warranty left I'm not sure that would be a smart move either.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:46 PM

Just an update, I have an appointment to drop the car off again next week. Dealer said GM will approve for a new engine but they will have to retest the current engine again to make sure it’s the same problem. I guess if they replace the motor we should be good, I think if I have them buy the car back I may loose money on the deal as I can not find another new one for the price I paid. Any thoughts?
Old 09-29-2017, 01:50 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Would they pay you what you paid or would they pay you what a replacement costs?
Old 09-29-2017, 02:00 PM

I am not too sure. I guess that would be my question too
Old 09-30-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Have them put you in a new car instead of exchanging cash.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:24 PM

That is what I want them to do. I sent an email to the customer service rep to request just that so we will see what happens. Seems like some people are getting cars replaced for far less issues than what I am having.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:06 PM

Well GM has lost all my respect as far as customer service is concerned. Not one person from management nor district rep has even the slightest concern about there customers. They would rather just not talk to you. The poor service rep has to hear me and not much he can do. The car is still at the dealer waiting for an engine with no ETA. This will be over 60 days in the shop so far. In any event I have reported them to the BBB and the state and will start the lemon process.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:20 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Ugh sorry to hear that. I assume you have tried contacting customer service at a high level? I know corvette guys have some success when they start making noise further up the chain.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:57 PM

I did contact someone in the executive offices customer service line, but they were just as useful as the rest. All they asked if I wanted to lemon it, if so contact BBB. The only real guy who is apologetic for the situation is my service advisor, nice guy who is a car guy. Lol he told me the area rep said he doesn’t need to talk to me because I am getting a new engine so I should be happy with that. Granted they have no eta so it could be a few months before that comes. It’s a shame too because this car is great in all aspects. I am surprised they don’t have a V customer service line to give there best service for there highest performance cars.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:38 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSAK
Well GM has lost all my respect as far as customer service is concerned. Not one person from management nor district rep has even the slightest concern about there customers. They would rather just not talk to you. The poor service rep has to hear me and not much he can do. The car is still at the dealer waiting for an engine with no ETA. This will be over 60 days in the shop so far. In any event I have reported them to the BBB and the state and will start the lemon process.
Lemon law it now. That car is trouble.

Quick Reply: Picking up a new daily from good ol Cadillac!