Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

poor camaro owner

Old 10-10-2012, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ikeyballz
Originally Posted by NuncoStr8' timestamp='1349823761' post='22070868
meh. I drive my car hard and don't worry about breaking it and it sucks it up and begs for more. You won't destroy a clutch failing at a burnout unless you hold it forever. That audio was so murky and muffled I couldn't tell what the complaint was about. I certainly didn't hear anything ridiculously out of line.

If the guy wants sympathy he's going to need something more than someone whining on tape. He does not come across as a rational individual with a clearly defined issue and proposed resolution. Rather, he seems to troll dealerships due to some persecution complex. But that's just what got from the rant on his youtube page.
You've obviously never driven a V8 car... One or two bad burnouts can and will destroy a clutch, especially an "OEM" one without a powerful pressure plate. Its so easy to get the tires AND the clutch spinning at the same time because of the pure amount of torque.

Also, Nuco can I borrow your car for a day or two? I do clutch changes on S2000s too...
He drives a 2003 Mustang.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
meh. I drive my car hard and don't worry about breaking it and it sucks it up and begs for more. You won't destroy a clutch failing at a burnout unless you hold it forever. That audio was so murky and muffled I couldn't tell what the complaint was about. I certainly didn't hear anything ridiculously out of line.

If the guy wants sympathy he's going to need something more than someone whining on tape. He does not come across as a rational individual with a clearly defined issue and proposed resolution. Rather, he seems to troll dealerships due to some persecution complex. But that's just what got from the rant on his youtube page.
Your car doesn't have 426 hp. Your car doesn't weigh nearly 3900 lbs. Your car isn't a Camaro. Your car wasn't dropped off with two idiots so they could hammer on it for a while.

Ergo, your car's history, reliability or performance has nothing to do with what was posted. The very fact that you think it does proves exactly who is ignorant in this situation.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Good ending to this story:

The dealer caved and bought back the car for KKB + 10% (according to the op]) - he posted it on the utubue video before he took it down.

With that said I am still pissed at GM that it took a video to go viral for them to crack down on to the dealership. Never gona touch a GM product ever, nah not really I still want to pick up a used c6z, what I meant to say was - I will never take my c6z to a dealership EVER.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8

Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ikeyballz
Originally Posted by NuncoStr8' timestamp='1349823761' post='22070868

You've obviously never driven a V8 car... One or two bad burnouts can and will destroy a clutch, especially an "OEM" one without a powerful pressure plate. Its so easy to get the tires AND the clutch spinning at the same time because of the pure amount of torque.

Also, Nuco can I borrow your car for a day or two? I do clutch changes on S2000s too...

You drive mine, I drive yours. I don't have a problem with it. It's not fragile. Seriously, what's the point of a V8 if it wrecks it every time you get on the gas?

Tires, clutch and brakes are consumables. Some people go through them faster than others. You just change them when they need it. You don't replace the whole car when all you need is a clutch. Well, unless you are an idiot. Like the guy in the OP's link. And some of the people in this thread who've never driven anything more powerful than a lawnmower but think they know everything.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:37 PM

You deffinatly have never driven a v8 car. Actually any car with a clutch can have this issue it does not have to be a V-8. All it takes is for some one who either does not know how to use a clutch or some one who wants to just destroy it.

If you were local I'd let you try my 320hp Datsun that weighs around 2500pds. And yes I have driven cars with almost 700hp (2005 cobra with a few "mods")
Old 10-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by skittle
You deffinatly have never driven a v8 car. Actually any car with a clutch can have this issue it does not have to be a V-8. All it takes is for some one who either does not know how to use a clutch or some one who wants to just destroy it.

If you were local I'd let you try my 320hp Datsun that weighs around 2500pds. And yes I have driven cars with almost 700hp (2005 cobra with a few "mods")
I OWN a V8 car with a stick. Do you?

The guy's clutch was going anyway, which is why he was grinding gears. Which is why he brought it to the dealer in the first place. Everything else is immaterial.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, in fact I do.

Bottom line is they planned to screw him financially by having him get the same work done. He got rid of the car purely because he didn't wish to be their customer any longer. There is nothing wrong with that IMHO.

You must be a tech at a dealership? Not sure why you're defending them when the dealership was clearly in the wrong. If they didn't have damning evidence against them then they wouldn't have bought the car back.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I think he was the tech at this dealership
Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 PM

:facepalm: the stupid never ends. This must be a Honda board...

Quick Reply: poor camaro owner