Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

S2000 to M3........

Old 03-19-2004, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 to M3........

Well, my boyfriend's brother spun out while driving my precious in the rain. This happened 2 Sunday's ago. I'm so heartbroken, and feeling so cheated....I've sold my car and am getting a brand new, 2004 M3. Oh, my S2k was bought in May 2003 too!!

I never liked BMW's....and M3's, I always considered them to be a hopped up 3 series BMW. Nothing special...just lots of power. Here in Vancouver, you see BMW's everywhere. And 3 series BMW's as often as you would imagine to see a Honda Civic. But after seriously a week of no sleep, and 24 hours/7 days a week of pondering over which car to get.....my only sensible choice was the M3.
I love the SLK32 AMG, but its only available in automatic....and I've fallen in love with control! Manual

There was a 2003 used SLK32 for sale, but there is a new SLK coming out in a few months with a complete face lift

Anyways....do you guys think the M3 is all that as written in magazines?? Hmm....hope I like it, but I don't know....

Input, advice, flames....pity All welcome. My M3 should be arriving in about 2 weeks. Its too late to turn back now, but I'm curious to see what you guys have to say.

Thanks,
Christy

Oh, here's some pics of my Ruby
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=189619
Old 03-19-2004, 10:26 PM

if you can get the 04 M3, more power to you girl.
M3 is a amazing machine and i would love to own it.
It has the power and the suspension to say it is one of the best.
i have to also agree that it is just better version of regular 3 series, but i have to say much better.
i would think that after few weeks, you will be very happy and that you made right decision by buying the M3.
congratz!!
now take some pics when you get it.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

m3 is a great car, but you do not get the same light and nimble feeling you get behind an s2000. nevertheless, it's a great all around car. it's fast, handles tremendously, and can seat 4 (if that matters to you at all).

btw, are you getting the m3 cab or coupe?? also, why didn't you test drive an m3 before you order yours?? i'm sure there are used ones for sale that you could had test driven to see if it was indeed the right car for you.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:24 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've driven a M3, it's a great car. It's faster than the S, but it is a lot heavier so not as nimble.

It's never "too late" when your car comes, take it for a long test drive, if you don't like it you don't have to buy it. The dealer will have no problem selling it. They have great resale value too.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The M3 is a great car. Just expensive.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why did you buy the car first without any research of experience?
Old 03-20-2004, 08:48 AM

Well, to answer some of your questions:

I didn't need to drive it...well, they actually didn't have any M3 coupes here to drive, and I'm buying a coupe. And secondly, it really didn't matter how it drives, because the M3 was the only car to get right now. I knew I was going to get rid of my S2000 after the accident for sure. I actually want my new car by the time my S2000 came out of the body shop, so it can go to the new owner right away

Most cars I've bought, if I knew I was going to get that car, it really didn't matter how it drove. I don't know if you understand....mmpphh....I think I'm weird when it comes to cars...
I guess I just don't like BMW's....but I knew that the M3 couldn't drive that bad.

Like my 2001 CLK430, I chose that car without even a test drive, because back then, it was my dream car. I thought it was the most beautiful car ever made my Mercedes.....back then, of course When the car arrived, I thought the car drove like a boat....but that was ok....since I loved it

The S2000, I bought primarily just for the awesome blue xenons. I always thought S2000's had the nastiest lights on the road. When I got my S2000, I didn't even know how to drive manual. I just fell in love with the car after I watched...what's that movie called now?...The one with Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Then when I learned how to drive manual.....wow! Yes, now I understood what they meant by fun as a go-cart. I never wanted to return my S2000, but after the crash, it's not the same. And I test drove an '04 S2000, and I didn't like the way it drove. Plus, there are no '04 red S2000's available here for some strange reason

So.....after thinking about it, I figured the M3 would do its job for me. Just wanted to feel better by asking you guys, that's all.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2004, 08:53 AM

I sold my M3 last November after 2 years of ownership. The BMW is a nice car but does have its issues (Big engine recall, SMG problems, little nagging things here and there). It's he german muscle car and has lots of power. Handles and drives very nice.

Since you are worried about the SLK being updated just to let you know there is already a new 3 series body most likely coming out next year and the M should follow a year later. So figure in 2006 there will be a new M3 coming out. If you do not plan on keeping the car for more than 2 years, which I never do, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

BTW, the M3 community is no where as nice as the S2000 and NSX crowd.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mutlu
I sold my M3 last November after 2 years of ownership. The BMW is a nice car but does have its issues (Big engine recall, SMG problems, little nagging things here and there). It's he german muscle car and has lots of power. Handles and drives very nice.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:01 AM

you bought the S2000 because you like the headlights and you're buying an M3 because there are no red S2000s on the lot?

This is the dumbest post i've ever read

Quick Reply: S2000 to M3........