Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Traded in my 07 C230 to MY 13 Mustang GT

Old 12-15-2012, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded in my 07 C230 to MY 13 Mustang GT

I have fun with the Merc but I can't stand the very sluggish 7 speed auto transmission anymore. I don't street race but there were couple of times when trying to keep up with 2010-2011 Honda Accord, I got laughed at.

Old Pics.

Most of my previous cars before having the S2000 were GMs- Buick, Cadillac, and Chevrolet but never Ford. Lately I've been craving for a muscle car and choices were narrowed down to Camarro SS or Mustang GT. They are both good enough for my needs but when I saw this 2013 black on black on black at Carmax, my heart stopped and feel in love instanly. It has 3100+ miles, 6 speeds, premium package, heated leather seats and Sync system. The previous owner plasti deep all budges, changed the wheels with Black American Racing OEM spec, painted front calipers and Pypes axle back (my favorite).

Some pics at work parking.

Been driving her for 10 days now so far put down over 500 miles and loving every single miles in it.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats ron! I would say upgrade.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

definitely an upgrade

there's a black '13 5.0 around where i live and it looks like pure evil from the back, it's got some loud exhaust too, it's badass. sometimes i wish my Vette sounded more like the mustang, and i have a corsa exhaust

any plans for mods? intake/tune wake those cars up big time

and i hope your transmission will treat you well, it's the main reason i did not end up with a 5.0 last year, though i loved the car
Old 12-15-2012, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by metros
Thanks, Jason. This is my new daily and man do I love it!

Originally Posted by fusionchickenleg
definitely an upgrade

there's a black '13 5.0 around where i live and it looks like pure evil from the back, it's got some loud exhaust too, it's badass. sometimes i wish my Vette sounded more like the mustang, and i have a corsa exhaust

and i hope your transmission will treat you well, it's the main reason i did not end up with a 5.0 last year, though i loved the car
Thanks, man. I have not heard about any transmission issue or issues only the shifter issues for MY 2010-2012 but there are a lot of after market fix for it, one of the more the popular upgrade is the MGW. I heard the 2013 shifter is a lot better now and so far I'm liking my shifter although I'm looking at changing it to MGW or Barton.

Future mods are MGW or Barton shifter, CAI, Gears (3.73), tune, long tube, x-pipes and definitely slamming that bad boy. Right now the Pypes axle back alone makes the car sound mean to drive around, I can't get enough of it.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:47 PM

The favorite part!

Old 12-15-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what an upgrade!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncoolron
Originally Posted by metros' timestamp='1355617540' post='22212926
Thanks, Jason. This is my new daily and man do I love it!

definitely an upgrade

Thanks, man. I have not heard about any transmission issue or issues only the shifter issues for MY 2010-2012 but there are a lot of after market fix for it, one of the more the popular upgrade is the MGW. I heard the 2013 shifter is a lot better now and so far I'm liking my shifter although I'm looking at changing it to MGW or Darton.

Future mods are MGW or Darton shifter, CAI, Gears (3.73), tune, long tube, x-pipes and definitely slamming that bad boy. Right now the Pypes axle back alone makes the car sound mean to drive around, I can't get enough of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5IdG2UKL0c

damn!!!!! not sure if there are other version of the pypes axle back but this one is mean as hell

and lol @ plate
Old 12-15-2012, 10:21 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

what an upgrade! The new stangs are the only car out there right now that gives me evil thoughts. but those back tires and wheelslook a tad bit smaller than OEM spec??
Old 12-16-2012, 02:11 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=k5IdG2UKL0c

damn!!!!! not sure if there are other version of the pypes axle back but this one is mean as hell

and lol @ plate
Hahaha...that's exactly the axle back I have with black powder coat option.

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
what an upgrade! The new stangs are the only car out there right now that gives me evil thoughts. but those back tires and wheelslook a tad bit smaller than OEM spec??
Thanks man, those are the OEM size, 235/50/18s on 18x8.5 wheels. They look small because of the standard american cars wheel gap which is a 4x4 wheel gap. Lower suspension set up is one of the mod do to list. Still debating if I should get the street or track suspension system since this should be my daily because I still have the S.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by jpark
what an upgrade!
Thanks, man. I never thought that a Ford will be an upgrade to my Mercedes, for a while I was looking hard for the right 2005 E55 AMG but I can't find a low milage one. Maintenance on those cars are up the roof.

Quick Reply: Traded in my 07 C230 to MY 13 Mustang GT