Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.
View Poll Results: 1M vs. Evora
1M
55.91%
Evora
44.09%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

What to get? 1M vs. '10 Evora

Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

THanks for all the input guys. I think I'm def. gonna get the 1M.

My reasoning: Performance in every single category except steering feel def goes to the 1M. Interior def goes to 1M. Practicality goes to the 1M. Pretty much every single category except looks is won by the 1M. Also I've been told by many lotus/enthusiasts that the evora is too comfy and too oriented as a DD.
Also the icing on the cake is that I'm doing Euro Delivery for the 1M and Performance center delivery. Pretty much the 1M is paying for an extensive europe vacation too

Anyways, Ive decided on the 1M but who knows, ill be taking the evora for an extended test drive next saturday... Knowing myself if it's that amazing i might just come home with it lol.

Also Evora S is not worth the $$$ to be honest. I can spend that much if i really wanted to but for $90k I'm not buying a evora s. Ill go for a used 911 GT3
Old 08-27-2011, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote for the Evora.

The 1M? To people who don't know much about cars, it looks just like a 1-series (well, which it is). To people who know something about cars, it looks plain fugly.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Z4EC
I vote for the Evora.

The 1M? To people who don't know much about cars, it looks just like a 1-series (well, which it is). To people who know something about cars, it looks plain fugly.
To people who actually care w.e other people think i guess that matters. But i don't buy my car according to what will get noticed more.

And to the people who know something about cars they know its one the best performance cars out in 2011. And i think it looks pretty damn good but hey thats just me
Old 08-27-2011, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the demand for the bmw vs the production slated for the us. I would go with the Lotus. The BMW dealers are marking up the car to make it only worth while to the true badge whores.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:01 PM

1M for sure IMO
Old 08-27-2011, 05:05 PM

With the demand for the bmw vs the production slated for the us. I would go with the Lotus. The BMW dealers are marking up the car to make it only worth while to the true badge whores.
He says that he has one on order already, and that the evora is more expensive, so the markup that he is getting can't be too bad.

I demand pics once you get it though...
Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 PM

I could have gotten one for list very recently, and have to admit is was very, very tempting.

To me the tough decision would not be between a 1M and an Evora, but a 1M and a Boss Mustang. I like the lighter weight and smaller external dimensions of the 1M, but am guessing I'd prefer the Boss' V8 and roomier interior (back seat room is actually a factor for me).
Old 08-27-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by txjeepn
I already have a allocation at MSRP. If anything the markup is great since many people and i believe the 1M will retain it's value very very very well.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S
I could have gotten one for list very recently, and have to admit is was very, very tempting.

To me the tough decision would not be between a 1M and an Evora, but a 1M and a Boss Mustang. I like the lighter weight and smaller external dimensions of the 1M, but am guessing I'd prefer the Boss' V8 and roomier interior (back seat room is actually a factor for me).
I can def. understand if you need the roomier back seat. the 135 backseat barely fits a small adult. I'm just not a mustang guy. I drove the boss, while i loved the performance, it just wasn't for me. If i wanted just straight up performance and nothing else id go get a used z06.

Also I still have my DD ('11 GTI) & for me it's a big upgrade in space from the s2000. And I'm normally by myself or with 1 other person 99% of the time.

I also have a '06 H3 So have the suv and DD covered. The GTI has more than enough room.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:54 PM

^^^^ My choice is largely hypothetical, since I don't plan on giving up my M3 for the foreseeable future.

Quick Reply: What to get? 1M vs. '10 Evora