Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What happened to the AWD KERS Acura RL!?!?!?!

Old 03-17-2015, 09:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What happened to the AWD KERS Acura RL!?!?!?!

It was supposed to come out this year, but I can't see anything on it on Acura's site anymore. Like they dropped the whole thing. Anyone know anything? I have searched and couldn't find anyone reporting on it.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flexer
It was supposed to come out this year, but I can't see anything on it on Acura's site anymore. Like they dropped the whole thing. Anyone know anything? I have searched and couldn't find anyone reporting on it.
Just looked at their site. wow.

Maybe they need the parts to put it into the NSX? Maybe the order for the NSX was so much that they ran out, so kill off the RLX hybrid to put into a more expensive car.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:56 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

The RLX Sport Hybrid is still on the Canadian site.

http://acura.ca/rlx/pricing

It was already released - you can find reviews all over - but not sure why it's not on the US site.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by JonBoy
The RLX Sport Hybrid is still on the Canadian site.

http://acura.ca/rlx/pricing

It was already released - you can find reviews all over - but not sure why it's not on the US site.
It was there in the US site just a few weeks ago when I visited the site.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:26 AM

I'm seriously surprised when I see a new Acura on the road.. It's always like "whoa, they're still making cars?" It seemed like Legends and Integras were all over the place back in the day. I live in downtown Austin and see a slew of every type of luxury car on a daily basis from entry level Cs and 3s to Bentleys and the like.

They really need to step it up.. The new NSX is a step in that direction.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

See a lot of TLXs but only a few RLXs. I was told to RLX was a horrible seller.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:53 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

70K CDN for a top of the line RL is a hard pill to swallow... I am sure it drives splendid... Krell stereo is cool, but with a vinyl dash at that price is kind of lame. Acura sees the trees, but not the forest. I see plenty of RLX is my area, but Acura has had a good stronghold around Boston since its inception. The local dealer is one of the biggest Acura dealers in the country.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:05 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
70K CDN for a top of the line RL is a hard pill to swallow... I am sure it drives splendid... Krell stereo is cool, but with a vinyl dash at that price is kind of lame. Acura sees the trees, but not the forest. I see plenty of RLX is my area, but Acura has had a good stronghold around Boston since its inception. The local dealer is one of the biggest Acura dealers in the country.
That's only 52k USD....
Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new MDX is everywhere where I live...as well as the RDX. I imagine once the refreshed RDX hits the thing is going to sell like crazy. I'm buying an ILX soon and on my recent trip to the Acura dealership they had an RLX hybrid with a manufactured date of 2/2014..so they are very slow movers. I think they're handsome and its a shame they don't sell more.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:36 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

RDX is already selling like crazy. It's been setting sales records for Acura for the last two years, nearly. The refresh won't really change much - it's already a great little vehicle.

Quick Reply: What happened to the AWD KERS Acura RL!?!?!?!